Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Day by day, week by week

Black Flowers

by Mirime 0 reviews

Rin waits for Sesshoumaru.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Rin,Sesshoumaru - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-02-21 - Updated: 2008-02-21 - 268 words

0Unrated
Disc.: Rumiko Takahashi is the rightful owner of these people and demons, not me.

Week: 1

Prompt: Cold Comfort

There were no flowers here, Rin noted sadly. Lord Sesshoumaru had travelled to the far north in his pursuit of Naraku and those lands were still covered in snow with no flowers to be found. Still, it wouldn't be so bad if he didn't disappear shortly after, leaving her in this cave with strict orders not to wander and disgruntled Jaken as a guard. Rin sighed and poked the fire, looking at the toad demon who seemed to be very cold.

"Master Jaken? When is Lord Sesshoumaru coming back?"

"Insolent girl, it's not your right to question his actions. He comes and goes as he pleases..."

Rin tuned him out, knowing this lecture by heart. When he finally stopped, she nodded as if properly chastised. That seemed to satisfy him, because he fell asleep shortly after. Rin looked at the mouth of the cave and the white world beyond, wishing again that flowers grew here. She always had flowers ready for her lord when he came back and didn't want to break the tradition. Picking the flowers also made her feel he would come back sooner.

She straightened up as she got an idea. Carefully extracting a long twig from the flames, she pressed its blackened end to the ground and started drawing a rough outline of a bluebell. Another flower joined it quickly and as Rin immersed herself in her task, she felt better. They might not have been real, but here and now, these flowers were good enough.
Sign up to rate and review this story