Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Day My Life Changed Completly

Attempted suicide

by xXi_luv_gerardXx 1 review

Rachel tries to commit suicide and Gerard can't believe himself for what he did.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-02-22 - Updated: 2008-02-23 - 1133 words

0Unrated
Rachel walked in and saw Jess’s body on the floor. Used heroine littered the area. Rachel dropped the knife in shock. “Jess!” She screamed, dropping down to the floor. She was passed out. “Jess!” Rachel slapped her face gently. “Come on, wake up, wake UP!” she said.

Gerard rushed over. Eying Rachel, the knife, and Jess, on the floor, he glared at Rachel. “What did you do?” He said in a threatening voice. “What did you do to her?!”

“I didn’t do anything!” Rachel screamed. “I found her like this!”

Gerard picked Jess up and ran outside, back to the hospital. Rachel broke down in tears on the floor as Mikey ran in.

“He still doesn’t believe me,” she cried. “There’s heroine everywhere and he still thinks I did something to her.”

“It’s ok,” Mikey said. “I’m gonna talk to him. Wait here.” Mikey, Frank, Bob, and Ray rushed out of the van, after Gerard.

“Wait here?” Rachel said to no one in particular. “Wait here?! Yeah right,” she said, growing angrier by the second. She grabbed the knife off the floor and her phone from her bed and ran out of the van, running away from the hospital, running away from Gerard, from Jess, from her problems. She didn’t know where she would go, but she just kept running.






















RACHELS POV
I couldn’t see the hospital anymore. Walking into a park, I lied down on the grass. I pulled my knees up to me again. Gerard hates me. That’s all there is to it. He hates me. He loves Jess, and no one else. The rest of the guys, they really care about me, but I don’t feel loved anymore. I feel alone, isolated, unloved. My phone rang. Not recognizing the number, I answered it.

“Rachel!” Mikey’s voice yelled, panicked, in the phone.

“Mikey, I’m so sorry,” I said, hating myself. I shut the phone.

In the next three minutes, I got a call from Ray, Frank, Bob, and Mikey, multiple times. But the one I wanted to call was Gerard. How stupid of me. He doesn’t give a fuck about you Rachel, remember?

The knife I brought lay next to me. Taking it with a shaking hand, I cut across my wrist, watching the blood fall. I didn’t have to worry anymore. Soon I’d be with my mom again, where I belonged. My mom loves me. I should be with her instead. My phone rang. It was Frank. I might as well tell them what would become of me.

“Hello?” I said.

“Rachel! Thank god you answered! Where are you?”

“I’m in the park,” I said weakly. “Don’t look for me, please. It’s too late. I’m… I…”

“The park!” I heard him yell to everyone. “Go to the park!”

“Frank,” I said. “Please… I’ll be dead when you get here.”

“WHAT?!?!” He yelled.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered, hanging up.






















Frank looked at his phone in disbelief. He shut it and shoved Gerard. “This is all your fault!” He yelled.

“What’s going on?” Gerard asked.

“She’s trying to kill herself! Frank yelled, running towards the park.

“WHAT?!?!” Everyone screamed. Gerard dropped his stuff and ran, faster than he ever had in his life. Frank, Bob, Ray, and Mikey followed him.

Gerard reached the park and looked for Rachel, panicking. Spotting her body in a small lump on the grass, he flew over to her. “Rachel!” He screamed, starting to cry.

Rachel stirred. “Gerard,” she said weakly. “You… how… here…”

“Shh,” Gerard said, trying to stop the bleeding in her wrist. “Oh god, what did I do?”

Mikey, Frank, Bob, and Ray ran over, breathless. Mikey and Frank worked together to stop the bleeding. Gerard was still crying. “Rachel, I’m so sorry…” he said. “I’m such an idiot… I didn’t even think…”

“It’s ok,” Rachel said, starting to cry. "I'm so stupid..." she muttered weakly.

"You're not," Gerard said. "Oh god... Rachel I'm so sorry. I should have known..."

"I don't wanna die," Rachel said. "I don't know what I was thinking... I just felt so alone..."

Gerard fought to keep his voice straight while he talked. "Because I broke my promise to you. I failed you. This is all my fault. I'm so sorry. Please..." he said. "Please forgive me." He held on tight to her uninjured hand.

"I forgive you," Rachel said. "This is some of my fault, too."

"Don't even go there," Gerard said. "It was all my fault, and I'm so sorry."

"What do we do?" Ray asked.

Mikey was wrapping torn pieces of his shirt tightly around Rachel's bleeding wrist. "She's gonna be ok. The bleeding is stopping."

An echo of "Thank God" was heard.

"Do we take her to the hospital?" Bob asked.

Mikey shook his head. "Are you kidding? If they found out that she tried to kill herself right after being treated for anorexia, they'd put her in some sort of rehab, and we'd never see her again."

"But... will she be ok?" Bob asked.

Mikey nodded. "When my friend tried to kill himself they taught me and his parents what to do if it happens. We caught her just in time. She didn't lose too much blood that she'd have to go the hospital anyway. But she might faint a few times."

"Rachel I can't even tell you how sorry I am," Gerard said, not letting go of her. "I just..."

"It's ok," Rachel said. "I'm just happy that you don't hate me."

"I'll never act like that again," Gerard said. "And I will never break a promise to you, or lie to you, or do anything to hurt you. None of us will."

Tears fell down Rachel's cheek. "I'm glad," she said.

After a few more tears, hugs, and promises, Rachel got tired and fell asleep. Gerard carried her back to the van and put her in her bunk.

"Jess is probably awake now," Gerard said. He turned to Bob. "Can you watch Rachel?" He asked. "I need to talk to Jess."

Bob nodded as Gerard walked out. He stroked Rachel's hair, not believing that she had almost died, for the second time that day. Rachel stirred and sat up.

"Hey," Bob said, climbing in next to Rachel.

"Hey," she said. "Where's Gerard?"

Bob smiled. "He went to go talk to Jess. I think they're breaking up."

"Oh," Rachel said. "That's... sad..." She tried to hide her smile.

Bob laughed. "I'm actually glad too. I think everyone is."

Rachel smiled and lay back down, fighting to stay awake.

"It's ok," Bob said. "You go to sleep. You need your rest."

Almost instantly, Rachel was asleep again.
Sign up to rate and review this story