Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Heartbreak High

Chapter 6: Going Down And Not Swinging

by patricksgirl84 0 reviews

Will the secrets come out?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-02-25 - Updated: 2008-02-25 - 894 words

0Unrated
Chapter 6: Going Down And Not Swinging

Ryan's POV

I decided to go back and see Barbara. I didn't want her to think I was mad at her. I drove down the road and seen her uncle come out running and getting in his car and speeding down the street. "That can't be good." I pulled in the driveway and got out of the car. I noticed the front door was opened a little. "Barbara. Are you here?" I opened it and stepped inside. "Baby. It's Ryan." I had a dreaded feeling about this. I went into the living room, but didn't see her. I heard a moan. "Ry. Help me." I looked down. "Fuck." I ran to Barbara. "Honey, are you alright? Say something." "I love you." She passed out.

I called 911. "What is your emergency?" "My girlfriend. She's been beaten very badly and is passed out." "What is the address?" "I gave her the address and in a minute I heard sirens. I moved out of the way so that the EMT's could work on her. They took her in the ambulance. I followed them in my car. Once I got to the hospital I called Kendra. I knew she would want to be here. After I talked to Kendra I turned around and there was a policeman in front of me. "Are you the boy that came in with Barbara?" "Yes, I'm her boyfriend." "Let's sit down. I need to ask you a few questions." We sat in the waiting room. "What happened when you arrived to the house?" I told him everything that happened. "Oh, today I noticed her face was quite red and she ignored me at school. I don't know if that has anything to do with this." "It does." I looked up and it was Brendon.

"And who are you?" "I'm Brendon Urie. Barbara is my girlfriends best friend. I seen her in school and she didn't want me to tell Ryan about her face. She didn't tell me what happened though." "Okay. She lives with her uncle and aunt, right?" "She has been living with them about 2 years now. Her parents died and she has been living with them ever since." Just then I noticed my mom. "Ryan. I'm so sorry. How is she?" My mom said. "I don't know." "Could I talk to you?" The officer asked my mom. "Uh, sure." They went and talked.

"How are you?" Brendon asked. "Not good. There was so much blood. I want to kill that son of a bitch. Who knows how long this has been going on. And you," I looked at Brendon. "Me? What did I do now?" "You kept my girlfriend's secret. If I would of seen her before I could of gotten her help." "I'm sorry Ryan. She just didn't want you to know. I didn't know what happened." "How is Kendra?" "She didn't say a word here. Plus, it might be just me. She's really pissed." "She should be." Kendra walked over to us. "Here Ryan, I thought you could use some coffee." "Thank you." "Don't I get anything?" Brendon asked. "How about a kick in the balls." I guess not." Kendra sat next to me.

"She's going to make it Ryan. I know she will." "I hope you are right. I don't know what I'll do if she doesn't." Two hours later my mom came over to us. "She's out of surgery. Um, Ryan can I talk to you alone?" "Sure." "We'll go and get something to eat." Kendra said. My mom sat next to me. "Her uncle has been beating her. They got him in custody and confessed to everything. They also have her aunt." "That's good. What's going to happen to her?" "Ryan, there is something else." "What?" "Her uncle..I don't know how to tell you this. Her uncle has been raping her." "What? No, your lying to me. Why would he do something like that?" She took me into her arms. "I don't know, sweetie. I'm sorry." "She's been through so much with her parents death and all this now." "I know. That's why I want to ask you something. When she gets out of here would you like to have her stay with us?" "Mom, you don't have to ask. Of course I do." "Good. She needs a stable home. The doctor said you could visit her." "Okay."

I went to Barbara's room in ICU. She looked terrible. I took her hand. "Hi Barbara. How are you? God, that was stupid. I can just look at you and tell how you are. Things are going to get better for you. I promise. You are going to live with mom and me. I'll protect you from now on."



Barbara's POV

I could hear Ryan. He was saying something about protecting me. He could never protect me. I wanted to open my eyes, but I couldn't. What happened to me? I know my uncle beat me again and I passed out. What else is new? I just wanted to die. I couldn't go on much longer. Plus the sexual abuse. That made me so sick. "Open your eyes, Barbara. I want to see those pretty eyes of yours." I can't Ryan, I wanted to scream. All of a sudden I heard beeps going off around me.

I wrote this chapter
Sign up to rate and review this story