Categories > Cartoons > Codename: Kids Next Door

Code D.A.T.A.W.

by Dragon-of-Light 3 reviews

It is about an evil being going on a rampage. But thankfully, five young kids will stop him!

Category: Codename: Kids Next Door - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Humor,Parody - Characters: Abby,Hoagie,Kuki,Nigel,Tommy,Wally - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-02-27 - Updated: 2008-03-30 - 4000 words - Complete

0Unrated
D.A.T.A.W. (Downloading Agents To Alternate World.)

It was a nice, warm summer day. Nigel and the others are in the park riding their bikes.

Hoagie: "Man, I can't wait for the big bike race this afternoon."

Wally: "Yeah! We're going to crush the competition!"

Kuki: "We are? Nobody told me there was going to be violence."

Abby: "Girl, it's just a figure of speech."

Kuki: "Good, because I wouldn't agree to be on this team if there was fighting involved."

The others groaned except Kuki. They were about to get back to training when Hoagie's little brother Tommy showed up riding his blue bike.

Tommy: "Hi Hoagie!"

Hoagie: "Tommy? What are you doing here?"

Tommy: "Mom said you were training for the bike race, and I wanted to join you."

Hoagie: "Forget it Tommy, this race is for big kids only, you have to be either at least ten years old to participate."

Tommy: "But Hoagie, I really want to be part of it! I brought my bike and everything."

Hoagie: "Bikes with training wheels don't count."

Wally: "Ha! And besides that bike couldn't even win a turtle racing contest!"

Abby: "Quit tease him like that Wally, you know that thing is no faster than a sloath."

Abby and Wally laugh. Tommy gets a little mad.

Tommy: "Oh yeah? Well I'll show you what this bike can do!"

He races off and rides faster.

Hoagie: "Tommy! Slow down!"

Tommy: "It's okay Hoagie! I've got everything under control!"

But then he sees a ramp ahead of him.

Tommy: "Ahhhhhhh!"

He goes up the ramp and lands on his backside. Tommy's bike flies over him and crashes into a tree.

Tommy: "No!"

He runs over to it.

Tommy: "My bike. How can I be in the race without a bike?"

Hoagie got fustrated.

Hoagie: "Listen Tommy! First of all you are not on the team! Second this is why you can't be in the race. And third...make like a rocket and take off!"

Tommy got teary, grabs his bike, and walks away. The others stared at him with disappointment

Hoagie: "What?"

Kuki: "Hoagie that was mean."

Hoagie: "What about Wally and Abby?"

Abby: "What? Boy, we didn't mean to tease him, we were just kidding."

Nigel: "I may not understand the relationship between an older sibling and a younger sibling, being an only child and all, but don't you think you were a little harsh on Tommy?"

Hoagie: "Look, Tommy needs to wake up and face reality. So can we just go back to training already?"

Wally: "But what about your brother's bike? Aren't you going to help him fix it?"

Hoagie: "I'll fix it after the race, now let's go."


The Gilligan House

Tommy was alone trying to fix his bike. He got fustrated and throws the wrench, accidently hitting the corner of the old busted computer.

Tommy: "Aw man, how could Hoagie be so mean. All I wanted to do was to spend some time with him."

He looks at his bike, gets up and kicks it.

Tommy: "Ow! I wish every bike without training wheels would just turn into scrap metal!"

Mrs. Gilligan: "Tommy! Help Mommy with the banner to congradulate Hoagie's victroy!"

Tommy begins to whine.

Tommy: "But mom! How do you know Hoagie will win?"

Mrs. Gilligan: "Because your brother has been practicing for two months. Plus, I can feel it in my toes. Now come on."

Tommy: "Fine!"

He walks away in a huff. But little did Tommy know, an evil entity was lurking within the shadows.


Meanwhile

A bunch of kids were on the other side of the park unhooking their bikes from the rack.

Sonya: "I wonder which team will win the race?"

Lee: "I don't know, I was just to busy thinking about the bike crashes. Hehe."

Sonya: "Lee."

Lee: "Sorry."

Paddy: "Ahhhh! A monster!"

They all turned around and paniced.

"Ahhhhhhhhh!"


Around the same time

Nigel: "Okay team, that's a rap."

Wally: "Good, cause I'm sweatifying here."

Abby: "How about we grab some ice cream to cool ourselves off."

Hoagie: "Sounds good to me."

Kuki: "Sorry guys, but my dad wants me to come home to try on this safety suit he made for me for the competition."

Hoagie: "Bummer."

Kuki: "I know, ever since I told him I was going to be in the race, he's been stressed out more than before."

She sighes.

Kuki: "Sometimes I wish I had a mellow dad, like yours Nigel."

Nigel: "Hey, he may be mellow, but he is still embarassing."

Kuki: "I'll catch you guys later!"

She said as Kuki rides off home.
Out of the blue, they heard s group of children screaming.

Wally: "What was that?!"

Abby: "It came from the otherside of the park! Come on!"

They rode off to the otherside to find a bunch of kids standing around a pile of broken handle bars, chains, and wheels, crying and freaking out.

Nigel: "Sonya, what happened?"

Sonya: "We were just about to leave with our bikes and then this monster showed up and attacked us."

Lee: "That was not cool."

Nigel: "What did it look like?"

Sonya: "It was blue and it had four wheels."

Wally: "Are you sure it wasn't a car or something?"

Abby: "Check again captain no brain, do you see any tire tracks from a car? That's because it wasn't a car that trashed these bikes."

Nigel pulled out his lunch box from his backpack, which is actually a laptop computer in disguise. He opened it and typed on the keys.

Hoagie: "What are you doing?"

Nigel: "I'm checking DATAW to see if FATHER is behind this. So far I'm getting light pulsations, but I can't pinpoint the exact location."

Hoagie: "Pack up your laptop Nigel, my mom and my little brother are heading this way."

Nigel slipped the laptop in his bag quickly. Hoagie's mom parked her car from across the park and got out.

Mrs. Gilligan: "Hey Hoagie!"

Hoagie: "Hey mom!"

Mrs. Gilligan: "Could you watch Tommy for a minute? I need to step up the cheers near the finishing line to see my little champion win!"

The others giggled.

Tommy: "Hey Hoagie. Whoa! What happened here?"

Wally: "Some monster smashed the bikes, but Nigel thinks that FA..."

Abby steps on his foot.

Abby: "Some teenager pulled a prank that went way out of hand."

Tommy: "Well, I'm just glad my bike is home safe and sound."

Wally: "Ha! You just did the work for it."

Abby punches him in the arm.

Tommy: "What is up with you guys? You're acting like your hiding a big secret that involves saving the world or something."

Hoagie: "This is none of your business Tommy! Why don't you just sit with mom."

Tommy walks away feeling blue again. Abby hits Hoagie with her red cap.

Haogie: "Ow! Hey what was that for?!"

Abby: "That was for being harsh to your brother again!"

Nigel: "I think we should spilt up and find some clues to shed some light on this 'monster'. Abby you check the beach, Hoagie check the bike shops, Wally take the allies, and I'll check park. Call the others if you find something odd."

And so, our brave heroes began their search for the allusive blue monster.

Thirty Minutes has passed and there was no sign of the monster.


The Park

Nigel: "Nothing much here, better contact the others."

He pulled out his cell phone and made a group conversation with them.

Nigel: "No sign of anything strange. Find anything?"


The Beach

Abby: "Negative on the beachside."


The Bikeshop

Hoagie: "Big goose egg over here. How about you Wally?"


The Ally

Wally: "Nope, not yet. And I've been trying to call Kuki but she didn't answer."

Then a giant shadow loomed over him. Wally turned around and screamed.

Wally: "Ahhhh!"

He backed away and tripped over a busted old bike. Wally covered his eyes. The creature ran away.

Wally: "Huh?"

He took a closer look at the bike he tripped over and found something interesting.

Wally: "Guys! Meet me at the ally next to Mr. Jelly's Candy Shop, quick!"


Ten Minutes Later

Nigel, Hoagie, and Abby arrived.

Wally: "Good, ya made it."

Abby: "Boy, what is so important that you couldn't tell us over the phone."

Wally: "You know that 'blue four wheeled monster' those kids were talking about? It turns out it was Tommy's busted bike!"

Hoagie: "But that's impossible, my little brother's bike got smashed to pieces, remember?"

Wally: "Yeah, but it's not so busted anymore, it was more of a mutated frankinstein bike monster!"

Abby: "So how come it didn't attack you?"

Wally: "I think this scared it away."

He stepped aside, showing them a bike...with training wheels.

Nigel: "Of coarse! It only attacks bikes that don't have training wheels! FATHER must've possessed Tommy's bike! The only question is...why?"

His laptop beeped again. Nigel took a quick look and gasped.

Nigel: "A 'Tree House' has been activated in the Library Sector!"

Abby: "Hoagie and I will go DATAW. Wally, go get Kuki and give her the 4-1-1!"

Wally: "Got it! Say no More! I'm on it!"

He said as he ran off to Kuki's house.

Hoagie: "Wait a minute! What about the race?"

Nigel: "If we don't stop FATHER now, there won't be a race! Let's move!"

Nigel, Hoagie, and Abby dashed off.

They ran into the woods, and made it to the old, abandoned arcade. They entered the building. Nige pushed the button on the big blue video game to activate it. A keyboard popped up and he started typing on the keys.

Nigel: "Alright, Abby and Hoagie, head for the teleporters while I'll set up the program."

He sat down in front of the computer and typed in the sequence. Abby and Hoagie stepped into two if the five teleporters that used to be for virtual reality games. Nigel's voice echoed through the speakers.

Nigel: "Be careful you guys, this is the first time a 'Tree House' has been activated in the Library Sector. We don't know what lives there."

Abby: "Relax Nigel, we've faced this kind of stuff before."

Hoagie: "Yeah, how is this different compared to the other secotrs?"

Nigel: "Okay."

Nigel types in the sequence.

Nigel: "Scan Abby, scan Haogie. Download Abby, download Hoagie. Teleportation!"

There was flash of light in each teleporter, and the two brave children have been sent to DATAW.
They have appeared in mid air and landed on the ground. They are now in the Library Sector on DATAW. It was dark and eerie. Abby was wearing a blue and gold suit of armor (without the helmet). Hoagie was wearing a long sleeved black shirt, brown short-sleeved pilot jacket, beige cargo pants, and brown boots.

Nigel: "The 'Tree House' is up north ahead of you. Hoagie, protect Abby at all cost. Remember, she is the only one who can access throught the 'Tree House' and enter the code to deactivate it."

Hoagie: "No sweat."

Abby and Hoagie dashed to the 'Tree House', keeping their eye out for any monsters that maybe lurking about.


Meanwhile at the Sunban House in Real World

Kuki: "Dad, can I go now? I promised the others I would meet them at the race."

She whines.

Mr. Sunban: "No, not until you are completely one hunrded percent protected from any dangerous obstacles you might run into!"

Mrs. Sunban: "Honey, it's only a bike race."

Kuki: "And besides...it's like ninty degrees outside. I don't neccessarily need this much protection."

She was trying out her dad's safety suit; it was stuffed with over a hundred cotton balls, and it comes with a hood and a mask attached to it.

Mr. Sunban: "Well fine! You don't have to wear it! Just don't come crying to me when you get hurt!"

Kuki took off the safety suit. The door bell rang. Kuki's little sister Mushi answered it (Note from the author: "Remember kids don't answer the door without an adult.").

Mushi: "Hello!"

Wally: "Mushi, is your sister here?"

Mushi: "Kuki! It's your boyfriend! Hehehe!"

She said teasingly.

Kuki: "Mushi! Quit it!"

Mushi walked away still giggling.

Kuki: "Hey Wally, I was just on my way to meet you guys."

Wally: "Kuki, why didn't you answer your cell phone?!'

Kuki: "Sorry, my dad needed some peace and quiet to work on his safety suit, plus says it costs alot. What's wrong?"

Wally: "I'll explain on the way, right now we have to head for the arcade."

Kuki: "Okay, just let me get my bike."

Mr. Sunban: "And where are you going young lady?"

Kuki: "Wally just came by to pick me up for the race."

Mrs. Sunban: "Let her go, honestly why do you always treat her like a bird in a cage?"

Mr. Sunban: "I can't help it if I am over protective!"

Kuki: "Oookay...see ya later!"

Kuki and Wally took their bikes and rolled away.

Mrs. Sunban: "Have fun Kuki! We'll meet you at the race!"

Wally: "Ha! Easy for her to say!"

Kuki: "Wally, would you mind telling me what's going on?"

Wally: "Tommy's busted bike is being possessed by FATHER, and now it's on a rampage, destorying bikes that don't have training wheels!"

Kuki: "You mean like that big blue one?"

She said as Kuki pointed to the big blue bike monster following them.

Wally: "Oh man! We have to lose it! Follow me!"

Kuki followed Wally.


Back at DATAW

Hoagie and Abby were being attacked by big slimy book worms! Actual book worms, shoting wads of slime at our heroes! Abby was using her yellow engery bombs and Hoagie was using his lazer sling shot.

Abby: "Ah man! This is so gross!"

Hoagie: "Tell me about it! I just took a shower this morning! "

He got hit by one of the slime wads!

Nigel: "Hoagie! Be careful! You're down to fifteen points! Once they are gone, you'll be sent back here!"

Abby: "How are my points?"

Nigel: "Your down to fifty."

Abby: "Ahh!"

Nigel: "Make that forty five. Where in both worlds are Wally and Kuki?!"


Meanwhile in the Real World

The monster rolled across the bridge. Wally and Kuki were hiding underneath it. It was out of sight. Wally and Kuki found themselves hugging eachother. They blushed a little. Wally recieved a call from Nigel.

Nigel: "Where are you guys?"

Wally: "We're not far from the arcade and we've lost the monster."

Nigel: "Where is it now?"

Kuki grabbed his phone.

Kuki: "We don't know. But it is getting bigger by a minute."

Nigel: "Don't worry guys, I'll track it down with the computer's radar. In the meantime, head for the arcade. Hoagie is down to ten points."

Wally: "Right."

Kuki and Wally ran off to the university.

Nigel: "What are you up to FATHER."


DATAW

Nigel: "Abby, Hoagie. Wally and Kuki on their way."

Hoagie: "Thanks for the update Nigel."

One of the book worms hit Hoagie and he disinagrated in a second.

Abby: "Hoagie!"

Nigel: "Abby! Hide!"

She ran off toward the 'Tree House' and hid herself behind the history section.


The Basement

The doors opened and Hoagie entered feeling dizzy.

Hoagie: "I hate it when that happens."

Nigel: "Are you okay?"

Hoagie: "Sort of."

He walks over to Nigel.

Hoagie: "Have you found the whereabouts of that frankin-bike?"

The radar made a loud buzz.

Nigel: "Now I do...hmmm...oh no!"

Hoagie: "What?!"

Nigel: "It's heading for the bike race!"

Hoagie: "I have to stop it!"

Nigel: "WHAT?! Are you crazy?!"

Hoagie: "My mom and my little brother are going to be sitting ducks! Not to mention hundreds of people!"

Nigel: "But it has gotten stronger everytime it attacks a bike!"

Hoagie: "Well I have to do something! Besides, this is all my fault, if I haven't been so harsh to Tommy, none of this would've happened."

Nigel: "Alright, but be careful."

Hoagie heads for the elevator and goes up.

Nigel: "Abby! How are you doing?!"

Abby: "Okay so far. How's Hoagie?"

Nigel: "He's trying to be a hero."

He hears the elevator open, Wally and Kuki have arrived.

Kuki: "Is Abby okay?"

Wally: "Are we late?"

Nigel: "She's fine and your timing is perfect, get into the teleporters, your heading for the Library Sector, I'll try to get you two to close to where Abby is."

Kuki: "I love this part!"

Wally and Kuki ran into the next room and went inside the teleporters.

Nigel: "Scan Kuki, scan Wally. Download Kuki, download Wally. Teleportation!"

Wally and Kuki have arrived the same way Abby and Hoagie did. Kuki was in a casual Rainbow Monkey mini kimono, black pants, and her hair was in twin buns. Wally was wearing an orange and blue Shaolin gi.

Abby: "Kuki! Wally!"

Kuki: "It's Abby!"

Abby: "Look out!"

They both turned around, saw the monsters, and ran toward where Abby is hiding before the book worms' slime wads hit them.

Wally: "What are those things?!"

Abby: "Book Worms."

Kuki: "Ewww! They are so gross!"

Wally: "You get going Abby, we'll take it from here."

Abby: "What? No way. I can't just leave you guys."

Wally: "Kuki and I have one hundred points. We can handle those creeps."

Abby: "Okay, but watch out for those slime wads."

Wally: "Ready Kuki?"

Kuki: "Ready."

Wally: "One...two...three...go!"

Abby ran toward the 'Tree House' while Kuki and Wally ran in the opposite direction.

Wally: "Let's see if you slimos can hanlde this! Power Punchers!"

Bright Red gloves appear in his hands and Wally fires glove-like missles at them.

Kuki: "Kaboom Yo-Yo!"

She releases a glitterly pink yoyo at one of the book worms and it went boom!

Kuki: "Yay!"

Abby kept running until she stopped .

Nigel: "Abby! Why did you stop?"

Abby: "There is a ridge a head of me!"


In the real world

Everyone was at the annual bike race. Mrs. Gilligan and Tommy sat with the Sunbans, the Unos, The Beatles, and the Lincolns.

Mrs. Gilligan: "Isn't this exciting Tommy?"

Tommy: "Whatever."

Mrs. Gilligan: "Are you sure you're okay Tommy? You've been moody all day."

Tommy: "Hoagie has been mean to me today."

Mrs. Gilligan: "There there honey, I'm sure he didn't mean to act that way. After all, he has been training for a month. Maybe he's just been stressing out."

Tommy: "If you say so."

Mr. Sunban: "Where is my daughter?! She said she'll be here!"

Mrs. Sunban: "Remember your blood pressure dear. But still..."

Mrs. Beatles: "I wonder where Wally is?"

Mrs. Uno: "Nigel is missing too. He's never been late in his life."

Mr. Lincoln: "Now now everyone, I'm sure they are just making their bikes are in perfect shape, what with the chains, and the handle bars, and the...aw you know what I'm talking about."

Mr. Monty Uno: "Lincoln is right, I'm sure there is nothing to worry about."

Hoagie arrives and runs up stage.

Announncer: "What are doing kid?"

Hoagie: "Give that! It is an emergency!"

He swipes the microphone.

Hoagie: "Attention! May I have you attention please!"

Cree Lincoln: "Um, Mrs. Gilligan. Is that your sone on stage?"

Mrs. Gilligan: "WHAT?! Hoagie Gilligan! What are you doing?!"

Hoagie: "Listen! Everyone must leave immediately! A giant bike monster is heading this way!"

Everyone laughed.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Hoagie: "I'm serious!"

Harvey: "Yeah right, and Godzilla is in my backyard! Haha!"

An eerie shadow loomed over everyone...it was the bike monster! Everyone screamed, paniced, and ran away!

Harvey: "Ahhhhhhh!"

Sonya: "Eek! That's it! That's the monster! Run for your lives!"

Lee: "Cool!"

Tommy: "That's no monster! That's my bike!"

Mr. Beatles: "Let's beat it mates!"

Mr. Sunban: "See honey! I told you we should've watched the race on tv!"

Mrs. Sunban: "Oh give it a rest!"

Mushi: "Ahhhhh!"

Mrs. Uno: "Sweetie, Nigel is still out there."

Mr. Uno: "You're right! We have to find him!"

Mrs. Lincoln: "Wait a minute! Where's Cree?"

Mr. Lincoln: "I dunno! She must've gotten lost in the crowd, what with the people, and the running, and the screaming, and aw you know what I'm talking about."

Hoagie stood on stage with courage.

Hoagie: "Hey monster! Eat this! Lazer Slingshot! Oh yeah, I forgot, I only have that wepaon on DATW."

He looked around and found a broom to defend himself.

Hoagie: "This will due for now."

But then, Hoagie got yanked by Abby's older sister Cree.

Hoagie: "Oh, hi Cree."

Cree: "Boy! What is going on here?! How did you know that monster was coming here?! And where is my sister?!"

Hoagie: "Not now Cree! I've got to stall that monster so Abby can deactivate the 'Tree House' in DATAW, which is a virtual world, and stop FATHER from destorying everything!"

Cree's jaw dropped.

Hoagie: "Whoops, I guess I said too much."

Cree: "You sent my little sister to another world?! Are you crazy?!"

Hoagie: "It doesn't matter, you remember any of this anyway."

Cree: "What are you talking about Gilligan?"

Suddenly Hoagie heard his little brother scream.

Tommy: "Ahhhhh!"

Hoagie: "Tommy!"

His little brother was being cornered by the bike monster.

Mrs. Gilligan: "My baby! Ahhhhh!"

The bike's headlight glowed bright. Hoagie had a realization.

Hoagie: "The lazer!"

Cree: "What are you talking about?"

Hoagie: "The headlight acts like a lazer! That's how it destoryed the bikes! And now it's going after my brother!"

He got out of Cree's grip and ran off to save Tommy.

Mrs. Gilligan: "Hoagie!"

DATAW

Abby backed up several feet away from the ridge.

Nigel: "Abby? What are you doing?"

Abby: "I'm gonna jump it baby!"

Nigel: "Have you gone off the deep end? That ridge is too wide! There's a small chance you'll make it!"

Abby: "But there is a big chance FATHER will win if I don't deactivate that 'Tree House'."

She took a deep breath and started running. Abby leaped into the air with all of her might.

Nigel: "ABBY!"

And she...made it to the otherside! Nigel sighed in relief.


The Real World

Hoagie pushed Tommy out of the way and he landed on the soft grass.

Tommy: "Hoagie?"

Hoagie: "Tommy run!"

Tommy: "But it's all my fault."

Hoagie: "No Tommy, it's my fault. I'm sorry for being so mad at you Tommy."

The monster was ready to fire.

Tommy: "Hoagie! No!"


Around the same time in DATAW

Abby entered the 'Tree House' and flew up to the top. There was a screen in front of her. She picked her nose, pulled out a booger, and pressed it against the screen. Her name comes up and then...the code comes up, which is...DATAW. The 'Tree House' shutted down.

Abby: "The 'Tree House' has been deactivated Nigel."


The Real World

The headlight dimmed and the monster froze.

Hoagie: "Whew, that was close."

His mom and little brother ran up to him from different directions.

Mrs. Gilligan: "Hoagie! My little hero! You saved Tommy!"

Tommy: "You're the greatest Hoagie! I'm so lucky to have a brother like you."

Hoagie: "I'll keep that in mind Tommy."


Back at the old Arcade

Nigel typed in more keys and then pressed 'enter'.

Nigel: "Time to Rewind."

A big flash spread out the entire world.

Our heroes were back at the park earlier today, before FATHER's attack. Tommy showed up on his bike like before.

Tommy: "Hi Hoagie! Mom said you were training for the big bike race today and I wanted to join you. I know it's for kids ten and up but..."

But this time, Hoagie knows exactly what to do.

Hoagie: "Sure, why not? Then tomorrow, I can help you learn how to ride the bike without the training wheels."

Tommy: "Really?"

Hoagie: "Yeah, and maybe one day you'll be riding in the race with your own team."

Tommy: "Cool! Thanks Hoagie!"

The others smiled knowing Hoagie did the right thing.

Nigel: "That is much better."

Abby: "Yep that's 'brotherly love' for ya. Hehe."

The End
Sign up to rate and review this story