Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Beautifully Broken

Chapter Fifteen: Everything’s Changing, When I Turn Around I’m A Mobile

by falloutbaby89 0 reviews

Graduation

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-02-28 - Updated: 2008-02-28 - 2719 words

0Unrated
It’s been three weeks since the boys had been back, and one more week until graduation. Patrick and I were shopping for gowns and a cute dress for me to wear underneath the gown. It was a beautiful summers day today so I was clad in a v-neck top and khaki short shorts. Patrick looked gorgeous in his black Polo shirt and jeans…damn I am blessed.

“Baby what color did you say you’re wearing?” Patrick asked me as we scanned the store.

“We’re wearing blue, royal blue. I am going to look like a dwarf,” I whined when we stopped in front of the right gowns. Patrick let out a belly laugh.

“Don’t worry I’ll still be able to see you from a mile away. I’ll be screaming where my shorty at?” he joked, pulling me into him. I couldn’t help but laugh at him. He kissed a top my head and I tilted my head and we kissed each other’s lips. “So what size are you taking?”

“Probably the smallest,” I mumbled. I blame my mom’s shortness. Patrick sifted through the gowns, looking at the sizes. Eventually he found one and handed it to me.

“Go ahead, go fit it on,” he smacked me on the butt leading me to the woman’s fitting rooms. I gave him a shocked expression and he just winked at me.


I walked out behind the curtain with a pout on my face. I looked really small. The gown went down almost to my ankles unlike everybody else has it gone down just below their knees. Patrick suppressed a laugh and I folded my arms over my chest. Call me childish I don’t care. He walked up to me and tilted his to look down at my face and mocked me by pouting too.

“It’s not funny,” I whined, stomping my foot. Patrick raised his eyebrows then rolled his eyes.

“Babe, you look fine. Who cares if you’re short?”

“I do,” I wailed.

“And I don’t. It’s not like you have the tallest boyfriend in the world do you,” he said softly, trying to comfort me. I shook my head and softened up.

“But it looks weird on me,” I mumbled.

“And I love the way you look. All that matters is how proud I am of you and after the ceremony we can go home and I can take gown off of you…” he trailed off giving me a scrunched nose. The things that people don’t know.

“To think your fans think you’re an innocent asexual singer,” I shook my head in amusement. Patrick chuckled.

“Shut up and go take that thing off so we can go find you a dress,” he pushed me towards the fitting room, leaving me to giggle at his sheepishness.


My brain was going on overdrive as our dean stood on the podium reading out all people’s names that have graduated. I was sitting next to Mr. Stockman’s son Shawn, waiting for our row to stand and move to the podium. Since each of us could only bring three people, I invited Patrick, Scarlette and Josh only because they were my siblings and I wanted to be a great influence. Kara invited Joe (duh), her younger brother Derek and her father while Max invited James and her parents. The row that sat in front of us came back to their seats and our row stood, walked off to the front. I looked back quickly and saw Patrick smiling with thumbs up sign. I laughed and looked over to Josh who was clapping while was smiling. Wait, Scarlette was smiling?

“Kara Jesse Scott-Angels; major in Business Management,” he said next. I could feel my sweat glands on my forehead, working them to the core. My hands were fumbling.

“Maxine Erica Stevenson; double-major in English and Speech Therapy,” I heard the dean say. I looked to my left and saw Mr. Stockman smiling at me, mouthing he’s really proud of me while Max retrieved her certificate. I nodded in thanks and moved up the line.

“Shawn John Stockman; double major in Anthropology and History.”

“Lynn Maria Thompson, major in Business Management,” I heard the dean say my name but it was soon drowned in the cheers coming from Patrick and the guys. As happy as I am that they are cheering for me, I wished the floor would swallow me whole when everybody turned and looked at them. Could only be Joe, James and Patrick. Even Max’s parents didn’t know what to do. Oh my god, even Josh joined the cheers. I’ll have to talk to him later. I shook Mr. Stockman’s hand; who was beaming with pride handing me my certificate, and walked off the stage. I was so happy to sit on my seat and watched as the last two rows went to fetch their diplomas.

Once that was over, speeches were given and everybody was happy throwing their hoods in the air (oh so high school we know), I want back and ran into Patrick’s open arms. He spun me around before putting me back on the ground. He lowered his head to mine and we engaged in an amazing kiss, no tongue was used but damn was it amazing. We pulled apart when we heard a small cough come from beside us. It was Josh who was waiting for his hug.

“Come here you,” I grabbed him and enveloped him in a huge sisterly hug with his 5’6” height towering over me. I pulled away and looked at Scarlette. An awkward moment occurred between us and we just gave each other reassuring smiles.

“So are we all ready to go?” Patrick asked as we all congregated, Kara’s father and Max’s parents were talking animatedly to each other.

“Well my parents invited all of us for a barbeque at our house. Patrick you could call Pete and tell them to come around too,” Max said, her arm wrapped around James’s waist.

“Sounds great,” I enthused. Max’s parent’s house was amazing, and huge. I won’t even talk about the swimming pool because someone could live inside it.

“Yeah I can call them. Well I am sure we’ll see them ‘cause we have to go get out bathing suits in any case,” Patrick said. We all agreed and decided we would show up at the Stevenson’s in half an hour to an hour and separated our ways to our cars. I was surprised to see Kara and Joe publicly held hands for the first time. Maybe they have decided to take their relationship seriously.

“Hey babe look, they’re holding hands,” I said softly to Patrick. He looked at the newly formed couple and smiled.

“It took them a while,” he scoffed, laughing.

“Aww your Joey is taken,” I heard Josh tease his sister from behind us.

“Shut up you stick,” Scarlette swung for the back of his head, missing as Josh ducked laughing. Patrick and looked back at one another and rolled our eyes.


“I have to go to L.A this Friday,” Patrick said, his arms around my waist as we held one another in the pool. I looked at him, frowning a bit.

“Are you guys touring again?” I asked. I didn’t want him to leave already just after I graduated.

“No it’s just me going. I am featured in a song with The Roots and I need to sort some stuff out with Lupe,” he informed me, bobbing us up and down slightly.

“When you coming back?” I asked, saddened that I won’t see him again for a while.

“Well I am going to meet up with the guys at the end of July so we can do a short tour again. So Pete will already be there at his house and Joe and Andy will fly there,” he said. I climbed off his waist, my feet supporting me on the bottom of the pool.

“So when will I get to see you again?” I asked.

“Everyday, that is if you come with me,” he said, a twitch pulling his lips upwards. My eyes widened.

“Are you serious?” I gasped. He nodded, holding me closer. “But what about Josh and Scarlette? I have to find a school for them because I refuse for them to just sit and watch the grass grow,” I finished.

“I’ve already talked to them. They are more than happy to come with,” he said.

“Yes Patrick but what about school?” I spoke slower as if to get the point through him. He rolled his eyes at me.

“It’s called home schooling. We can find a suitable tutor-”

“Patrick I don’t have the amount of money to spend on a tutor, let alone any private institution,” I cut him off.

“Will you just listen to me?” he said, frustrated. I pulled away from him. I didn’t like the tone of his voice.

“What?” I spat. I could feel we were making a scene and I guessed Patrick was too because he pulled me out of the pool with him, grabbing our towels off the chair and walking to the other side of the house.

“Why are you acting like this?” he hissed, letting go of my arm. “What is wrong?”

“What is wrong Patrick? You know let me tell you. I am scared, okay. I am scared because I have never taken care of someone. I was always an only child with no siblings to take care of now all of a sudden at twenty-one I am taking care of a sixteen and fourteen year old. Now it’s my responsibility to make sure they have a school and that they can get a permanent visa if needed and I don’t know what to do. I also have to get a job fast so that they don’t have to rely on James’s money because I already hate doing that,” I cried, my lungs collapsing. Patrick gave me a sympathetic look. He pulled me into a hug, rubbing my back as I tried to fight back the tears.

“I am sorry okay. I still don’t know your history so my help is limited. But for now, let me help you financially-”

“-I can’t make you help you financially-”

“-Okay you know what I am just going to tell you because clearly if I don’t tell you now this will never end,” he sighed, looking into my eyes. I frowned, not understanding what he was talking about.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“While we were on tour I bought a new house in L.A because I am there a lot. I was going to have you come with me so you can see it for yourself before I asked you to move in with me,” he said softly. I softened my stare at him and felt bad. But shocked at what he offered.

“You want me to move in?” I almost whispered.

“Yes. I’m crazy about you Lynn and I want nothing more than to wake up next to me every morning,” he pleaded. I smiled then jumped into his arms. I wrapped my legs around his waist.

“What are we going to do with the kids?” I asked.

“We can take them to school. It’s up to you if you want a public school or private, but I am going to help you with your choice,” he answered.

“And what about me and a job?”

“You and a job can find each other through Pete or me. Pete needs a new A&R and since you know a lot about business you can help him out. Or, if you want you can be my partner in crime.” I raised my brow.

“And what does your partner in crime do?” I asked suspiciously.

“She sings backup on some albums?” he said…or asked.

“Oh hell no baby I am not singing for anyone thank you,” I shook my head, my hair swaying about.

“You have an amazing voice pumpkin, really you beat most singers I know,” he gave me a puppy face. I rolled my eyes, knowing he got me at that.

“Let me think about it,” I gave in. He started getting excited, kissing me all over. “But I will take Pete’s offer however, I get to travel with you guys as much as possible.”

“So does this mean you’ll move in with me?” he asked, hopeful.

“Could I ever say no to you?” I giggled. I leaned down and kissed his lips. I pulled away and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. “I love you,” I whispered in his ear, kissing his neck.

“I love you too,” he whispered back. He put me back down on my feet and we made our way back to the rest of the party. Just as we were about to get back into the pool, I caught a glimpse of Josh sitting on the pool chair, looking at a distance. I excused myself from Patrick and walked over to him.

“Can I join you,” I asked, snapping him out of his dream.

“Yes you can,” he smiled, shifting over for me. I took a seat next to him.

“So why aren’t you swimming and enjoying yourself?” I asked. He let out a sigh.

“I’m kind of nervous with the whole going to school in Los Angeles. I mean I feel like everything is going kind of fast for me,” he said, picking at his swimming trunks.

“Can I tell you something?” I asked. He nodded, looking at me.

“I am also scared. I am pretty scared of putting you guys in the wrong school. I am scared that I won’t give you the right care you deserve. But if you promise me you and Scarlette can help me out, we will make it out perfectly,” I said softly.

“I’m sorry about what our dad did to your mother,” he whispered. I frowned.

“How did you know about that?” I asked, my voice almost quivering.

“James let it our accidentally. You have to tell Patrick Lynn, he can make you feel much better. He’s a great guy. You guys love each other like crazy and the last thing he needs is to worry if the love of his life is okay,” Josh said. I honestly couldn’t believe he was saying this. I stared at him not knowing what to say.

“You don’t have to say anything,” he said when my mouth kept opening and closing in attempt to form words, “but if anything, I am glad I got to meet you; you’re a great sister,” he smiled. I let out a chuckle, taking his hand in mine.

“Are you sure you’re Scarlatti’s brother?” I asked rhetorically. Josh let out a good laugh.

“Sadly yes, but she’ll calm down soon. She’s not a very open person. But just get her in a room with Joe and she will open up suddenly, and I don’t only mean her legs,” he laughed. I smacked his arm at his last comment.

“You young man shouldn’t talk about such things, nor should you be lusting over Ashlee because Pete can be the jealous guy,” I said, teasing him as I wriggled my brows.

“She’s Ashlee Simpson; one of the world’s hottest women. How many times can a fourteen year old boy lay his eyes on such beauty?” he defended himself. I rolled my eyes.

“I am going to have a talk with Ashlee to cover up her cleavage more because the last thing I need is to be worried about what my baby brother is thinking when he sees her,” I joked. “Go and play with the guys, I think Joe needs a little help,” I urged him nodding towards the pool.

“Only if you go make Patrick happy,” he winked at me, running off and jumping into the pool before I could scold him.

The mind of a fourteen-year-old boy…
Sign up to rate and review this story