Categories > Anime/Manga > Ranma 1/2 > Chrysalis

Part 6:

by 117 0 reviews

Category: Ranma 1/2 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy,Sci-fi - Characters: Ranma - Published: 2008-02-29 - Updated: 2008-02-29 - 1308 words

0Unrated
10101011101101110101101010111011011101011010101110110111010110101011101101110101

Genre: Anime/Non-Anime
Date: 070407
Update: 020907
Type: A Ranma/Babylon 5/Palladium/Sailormoon crossover
Disclaimer: Ranma and the Nerima Wrecking Crew belong to Rumiko Takahashi while Rifts and Nightspawn belong to Palladium. Babylon 5, Manhunter and Sailormoon belong to all their creators respectively.

10101011101101110101101010111011011101011010101110110111010110101011101101110101

Part 6:

It was no use trying to figure out who he was by just standing there. In the past, the Jusenkyo-cursed martial artist would just ask the middle Tendo sister for the information but since he was driven out of the Tendo home, that option was now out of the question. Still ... there was another way ... albeit a longer and more difficult route. He would have to find the necessary information himself. The best way to get the information, of course, was to use the town library.

Without any further ado, the Jusenkyo-cursed martial artist quickly made his way there.

"Where should I start?" Ranma wondered as he studied the books on the shelves ... that were neatly arranged into rows.

There were too many books here ... It would take ages for him to get through all of them. Wait a second ... he thought. If Nabiki were in a situation like this ... what would she do? She would analyse her situation ... find out what category they belonged to ... and ... without any further hesitation ... he headed for the historical section of the library. There were many books ... A History of Japan Before The Second World War ... not this one ... The History of Europe Before 1500 ... nope ... The Role of America in Globalisation ... no ... History of Asia ... still not right ... The Cradle of Human Civillisation ... Ranma was about to skip the book when something drew him to it ...

The Cradle of Human Civillisation ... Taking the book down from the shelf ... he took it into his hands and started reading it ...

PREFACE

blah ... blah ... blah ...

The Cradle of Human Civillisation ...

Chapter One ...

Civillisations of the ancient world ...

It is not known with certainty which civillisation was the first to appear on Earth ... or when it first appeared on this planet ... but the first human settlements began near the river deltas and the seas since agricultural products were a vital necessity for the fledging settlements ...

The ruins of Sumer ... Ancient Egypt ... Canaan ... Phoenicia ... Mesopotamia ... Akkad ... Ganges ... all reveal this trait ...

He continued reading carefully, looking for clues as to what he was looking for ... Nothing caught his interest until he came across the following words ...

Cultures and Religions ...

In the old days ... people did not worship gods like they do today. Their vision of the gods was more primal and much closer to the elements than the ones today ... a result of having to deal with ... some might say survive ... the primordial forces that seem to dominate the ancient world from to day to day ... such as the winds, the seas, the forests, the valleys, the mountains and ... even the wild beasts that scour the land ... in search of prey ...

It was only later ... that they began to have their gods adopt more human-like traits and characteristics as they grew more civillised. The earliest known being ... Moloch the Sacred Bull, Lord of The Sacrifice and Atonement ... the first known god to accept sacrifices from worshippers in the form of living creatures ... in exchange for the coming of a new day and ... protection from the consuming darkness ...

Moloch?

He remembered the name from his dream.
Something about him and his connection with the Ba'al.

He continued reading ...

Offering the firstborn child of the family to him, however, was considered the highest sign of sign of loyalty to the deity which was usually looked upon with great honour ... Devotees of Moloch, also known as Ba'al, would usually 'pass a child through the flames' in his name that the deity may grant them his favour ...

Many scholars have originally believed this ancient practice ... to be some form of human sacrifice ... but modern archaelogists nowadays dispute this interpretation of the ancient practice ... believing it to be more of a purification ceremony ... nonetheless a dangerous one which the child was required to undergo ... in a quest for eternity ...

Quest for eternity? Did the author mean living forever?

He took note of it in his mind before moving on ...

... Asherah ... Isis ... Venus ... Rhea ...

His thoughts were momentarily interrupted by the flawless, picture-perfect figure of his unnatural cursed form ...

... the Queen of Heaven ... the Morning Star ... or in Biblical terms ... Lucifer ... traditionally considered to be the Ba'al counterpart to the sun god ...

... Shamash ... Ra ... Mars ... Apollo ...

Just as Ba'al Shamash was considered to be the sun god and ruled the natural forces that transpire during the day as the sun moves through the sky ... so was Asherah ... considered to be the ruler of the night as the moon moves through the sky in the night.

The term Ba'al was never meant to be the name of a god. It was an official title or state of address that one used for the owner, master or lord of the household or region. There were many Ba'al in the old days ...

Ba'al Hadad ... Ba'al Asherah ... Ba'al Astarte ... Ba'al Shamim ... Ba'al Hammon ... Ba'al Ashtart ... Ba'al Ashtoreth ... Ba'al Anat ... Ba'al Eshmun ... Ba'al Atargatis ... Ba'al Elyon ... Ba'al Shalim ... Ba'al Resheph ... Ba'al Yarikh ... Ba'al Kothar ... Ba'al Mot ... just as Moloch was Ba'al ...

Deities of ...

... reapers of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge ...

... the fallen sons of the morning ...

Ranma blinked his eyes ... looking at the words again ...

... rulers of Eden ... Kastuul ...

... the legendary Kingdom of Sorcery ...

The words were no longer there! Was he seeing things?

He blinked his eyes again.

... an ancient civillisation steeped in magic ...

Did the words just move?

... lost to the sands of time ...

Then right before his eyes ... it happened. The words changed.

... destroyed in a cataclysm ...

Their characters written in flaming fire ... that seemed to move with a life of its own. As the page he was reading turned pitch-black from the inside out ... their words written in a script that he had never seen before ... which oddly enough he understood ...

The flames moved again to form strange hieroglyphs and drawings on the black page ...

You who seek the knowledge of the past ...

When he reached the end of the last character ... the words drew together and then reformed once again ... in their scarlet flames ...

The ancient wisdom of the Ba'al ...

As before the letters and the script changed ... the flames moving in and out of their pictographic alignments ...

Be warned ...

As before ... they reformed ... into ... the strange ancient script ...

There is a price to be paid ...

before fading away to burn archaic inscriptions in scarlet flames on the black pages ...

For the answers that you seek ...

and then the darkness disappeared ... leaving the normal book in his hands once again ...

10101011101101110101101010111011011101011010101110110111010110101011101101110101

Feeling a little spooked by the incident ... Ranma dropped the book on the floor drawing the stares of a few people. He ignored them and eventually they turned away.

This book incident was strange even by Nerima standards. He was sure it had something to do with his cursed form ... but much of it was still guess work and speculation.

More information was needed. Maybe he could contact the writers of the books or something ...

Hey! That was it! He would call up and speak to the book writers in person or by phone. He made his way to a telephone booth.

Just as he was heading outside, a familiar figure at the doorway met his eyes.

"Hello Ranma," the girl spoke.

"Nabiki? What are you doing here?" the pigtailed boy asked.

"It's the rest of the family. They want to meet you. Sharp at eight tomorrow morning. Be there at the Tendo Dojo," the middle Tendo sister answered before taking her leave.

"Wait!" the pigtailed boy shouted.

"See you there!" Nabiki called out in reply, her steady footsteps taking her further away from the Jusenkyo-cursed pigtailed martial artist.

10101011101101110101101010111011011101011010101110110111010110101011101101110101
Sign up to rate and review this story