Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Day My Life Changed Completly

Don't cry

by xXi_luv_gerardXx 3 reviews

Gerard comforts Rachel after hearng her cry in the middle of the night.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-02-29 - Updated: 2008-03-01 - 800 words

0Unrated
Gerard woke up to the sound of someone sobbing. He knew it was Rachel. "Rachel," he whispered in the darkness.

"G- Gerard?" She managed to whisper in between sobs.

"What's wrong?"

"I... I don't... and..." Rachel said, not exactly knowing what to say. "It's nothing. I'm fine."

Gerard got out of bed and slowly walked over to Rachel's bunk. He saw her head buried in her pillow. He climbed in next to her as she sat up, wiping tears out of her eyes. "I know something is," he said. "Tell me."

"I don't know, I just..." Rachel sighed. "I feel so lonely. And I miss my mom, and I'm still scared about that guy..." She started to cry more.

Gerard hugged her. "Shh, come on Rachel, don't cry," he said. "It breaks my heart to see you like this."

Rachel bit down on her lip. "I'm sorry..." she whispered.

"It's ok," Gerard said. "It's not your fault. I just don't want to see you like this. I want you to tell me what wrong."

Rachel shook her head. "I can't... I just can't," she said. "Not yet." She stared down at her wrist and ran her finger over the scar.

"Does it hurt?" Gerard asked, seeing her scar.

Rachel nodded. "A little."

Gerard knew that she was in pain, keeping all her troubles to herself. She wasn't going to tell him anytime soon, so all he could do was try to get her mind off of it. "Come on," he said. "Let's go outside." He helped her down from the bunk and silently opened the door of the bus. They were parked right next to a coffee house. "You want some coffee or something?"

Rachel made a face. "It's a little late for that, I don't wanna be up all night," she said. "I'll just get a donut or something."

Inside, Gerard sipped his decaf coffee while Rachel ate a donut. She stared out the window. "The stars are so pretty," she said.

Gerard looked outside. "They are. They're really bright tonight. Let's go back outside and see them."

Rachel nodded, standing up and throwing away her napkin. She opened the door and stepped outside, shivering in the cold night air. Gerard wrapped his arms around her to keep her warm and looked up at the stars. After a few minutes, Gerard broke the silence.

"There's no way I'm going to sleep now," he said. "Why don't we go inside and watch a movie?"

Rachel nodded and walked with him back inside the tour bus. Gerard put a dvd in the player and sat down next to Rachel on the couch. He put hs arm around her and she fell asleep on his shoulder in twenty minutes.























Gerard woke up on the couch, and remembered that he had fallen asleep during the move last night. Rachel sleeply opened her eyes, closed them, then opened them again. "Good morning," Gerard said.

"Morning," she said, rubbing her eyes.

Frank strolled into the room. "Morning sleepyheads," he said. "Well, actually, it's three pm. Gerard, you might want to get ready. Our show is in a few hours."

Gerard groaned and closed hs eyes again. Frank opened the shutters, letting light pour in everywhere. Rachel groaned and buried her head in Gerard's shoulder. Gerard put his hand over his eyes. "Turn off the suuuuunnn," he moaned.

"You leave me no choice," Frank said. Gerard reluctantly opened his eyes and got up. Rachel still refused to wake up. Frank walked over and started jumping on the couch. "Raaaacheeelll," he said. "Time to get uuuuuuuupp." Rachel groaned and rolled off the couch.

"I'm up," she muttered in the floor.
























Finally, everyone had waken yp and was ready. Gerard was putting on hs makeup when he heard singing.

"What's the worst that I could say? Things are better if I stay. So long, and goodnight. So long, not goodnight." It was Rachel, practicing her guitar and silently singing along. Gerard was amazed at how beautifully she sang. She was extremly talented. He listened in awe as she finished the song and started playing Heaven Help Us, then I Don't Love You, Cancer, and Desert Song.

Gerard waited until she had finished to talk. "You're singing is amazing," he said.

Rachel blushed. "You heard? I was trying to sing a little quieter," she said.

"You shouldn't be embaressed," Gerard said. "Your singing is beautiful. We should have you sing onstage with us." Rachel blushed even more. "I mean it," he said. "You're really talented."

"Thanks," she muttered, her face getting even redder. She couldn't believe someone had actually complemented her singing. It had always been her secret wish to be a good singer. For a singer as good as Gerard to complement her voice, that meant a lot.
Sign up to rate and review this story