Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stay Awake, Just For Me

Once Upon A Time...

by DemolitionLover 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2008-02-25 - Updated: 2008-03-02 - 876 words

0Unrated
Amy Lark walked down the freezing streets of New Jersey to her new job. She was 26 and had spent the last 8 years trying to achieve her life’s dream. It was simple but yet so hard for her. A doctor. This idea triggered her mind since that day when she was 16.Her face fell remembering the heartbreaking events of that day. Her life was broken to pieces; her mind was damaged for ever. She focused on other thoughts, but found it hard to do when her eyes came in contact with a small building. Her new work place, a hospital in the lonely streets of her hometown. The building was plain white, not one dirty spot caught Amy’s eye. The roof was sleek and shiny, new and modern. The doors and windows took up a large area, and were polished and glittery. There were only three colours used: white, dark brown and silver. Amy looked at the sign. “Rooter Hospital.” Amy’s deep blue eyes found the entrance. She continued walking along, still far from the hospital itself, but her eyes were instantly attracted to the notice board outside the large silver doors of this private hospital. She stopped dead in her tracks when she read the title of a large chunk of writing and a picture of a very familiar person.

“In loving memory of Gerard Way.”

Amy’s eyes filled with tears. Her heart shattered into gazillion pieces. Her knees started shivering, her teeth clattering; her mind flying through memories. It even had a picture.
Amy walked over to a bus stop and sat down. It was deserted, like in a cheesy cowboy movie. There were old newspapers flying around. The bus stop was across the street from the hospital and Amy decided to sit there, for as long as it took to get her mind off these things. She didn’t want to blow this job away, by the looks of this place.


Flashback

A lonely dark silhouette of a person walked down the road and into the newspaper shop. As it reached the entrance of the shop, the lights from inside revealed the face of a girl. She looked 16 and probably was 16 years old. She was wearing an immensely old and battered “My Chemical Romance” T shirt, Converse, and black skinny jeans.
She had short jet black hair with a fringe that fell neatly onto her left eye. Her iPod was in her hand and was glued to her ears. She had a lip ring and a small black rose tattooed on her arm. As she pushed the door open, a pair of eyes stopped on her and an oh-so-fake voice screeched.

“Amy, darling! How are you? Oh you’ve grown so much!” The lady behind the counter shouted as Amy walked into the empty shop.

“Bah.” Was all that Amy managed to get out of her upon seeing the weird lady.WTF? Amy grew? Since when? Ms.Leeves only saw her yesterday, and she grew already?

“Are you here for your “Kerrang!” darling?” Ms.Leeves asked in a over sweet voice.

“Yep as always.Oh and Dad asked me to get him this new magazine? Blob? Or Blub? You have it?” Amy asked as Ms.Leeves exited the room to find the Kerrang!

“Well, I have 2 magazines. One is called Blob and the other one is called Blub. So which one is it?”

Amy looked at both. ‘Well I’ll just take both. In case.” She smiled.

“Sure. Here you go, and that will be $16” Ms Leeves,passed a bag with the magazines as Amy pulled out her wallet and gave the money to the woman. There was a quick awkward good bye and then Amy was out of the shop. She didn’t bother reading Kerrang! Until she got home though.

She walked up the stone stairs, knocked on the door. No answer. She got out her keys, and started randomly sticking them inside. It was dark, and the keyhole was small.
She opened the door and a dark room unfolded in front of her eyes. She walked up to her room grabbing her bag and getting out her issue of Kerrang!.

She scanned it and fell on the bed sobbing hysterically. The bed creaked and broke down. Amy’s tears were ‘waterfalling’ out of her eyes onto the bed, which was soaking wet already.

“My Chemical Romance Gerard Way, dead.” The cover read.
End of Flashback [/i]

Amy entered the hospital and quickly found the toilet. She fixed her eyeliner and her hair. She exited the toilet and walked over to the secretary. It was a girl in her late 20’s; she had long brown hair and a fringe.

“Hello. My name is Amy Lark, and I’m this is my first day here.”

“Ah yes! Your office will be in room E235.Thats the second floor.” She smiled.

Amy thanked her and pushed the elevator button.20 minutes later she had met her fellow doctor sand settled in her new office, still feeling the awkwardness that she had when she entered the hospital. Her senses tingled as she felt a pair of eyes boring into her back. She turned around to see a pale, opaque figure.

Gerard Way?!
Sign up to rate and review this story