Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > To Save A Life

Two Errands

by Moonshyne 3 reviews

Two simple errands, who knew one would change his life and make him realize again what it was all about.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-03-02 - Updated: 2008-03-03 - 1296 words - Complete

1Funny
It was a cold January day, the kind that makes you want to stay in your nice warm bed. The Chicago wind made it even worse sending windchill factors below zero. Bob Bryar woke up to the blaring music of his alarm. He really didn’t want to get out of bed that day but he had two errands to run. First was physical therapy for his almost healed wrist and go to the bank and get a safety deposit box. The second he hated doing, but he didn’t want to keep the precious item in his apartment. He had two very good reasons for that. First he was paranoid about being robbed second and more importantly it would be a reminder how bad that night went and how he ended up here, alone. Before he left Bob took one more look at the two carat princess cut diamond. It was supposed to be on Kat’s finger but instead they broke up. She said it was for good this time. She refused to take any of his calls and even threatened to call the police when he went to her place to apologize.

He knew he had been a prick these last couple of months. Kat had been nothing but supportive as his whole life fell apart. Two months ago he was doing what he loved most in the world, playing drums in a band. Not just any band, but a band that is out there to save people’s lives, a band that didn’t care about all the trappings of fame, a band that was his family, or so he thought. It seems lately they had been keeping their distance, he wondered if this is what happened to the asshole before they let him go.

Bob was on top of the world and now everything had changed, he was scared and had no self confidence. He became paranoid by every little thing that it was the end of his career with his bandmates. They had invited him to see Tucker, his replacement for part of the time, and his band at Maxwell’s in Hoboken, NJ. What sweet irony, going to see his replacement on his birthday in the place where he hurt his wrist. And none of them could see how that would make him feel like shit. Besides he had planned to propose to Kat that night. Then they got into the mother of all fights. She stormed out saying she never wanted to see him again. That was two weeks ago, and so far she kept her promise. He received a fedex box yesterday with all his belongings that was over her place and a note requesting that he do the same.

So here he stands looking in the mirror wondering what was happening to him. He hasn’t shaved or gotten his hair cut since he left the tour, though he desperately needed both. He looked like a caveman. If you looked at him now compared to when Black Parade came over a year ago you almost wouldn’t recognize him. He had lost almost another twenty pounds since getting off the tour because he barely ate anymore, most of time he was surviving off of Red Bull and salads. He was going to physical therapy unsure if he will really need to especially if he’s thrown out of the band he loves more than almost anything. His next trip he hated more than anything he hated banks almost as much as cameras. And this trip was made worse because he had to put away his future hoping maybe he’ll be able to take it out again and place it on Kat’s finger.


In New Jersey Gerard and Mikey Way were kissing their respective wives good bye.

“How long are you going to be gone?” pouted Gerard’s wife Lynn-Z.

“Just a few days,” Gerard smiled at his wife then kissed heron her nose. They were just the cutest couple.

She was a tall with jet black hair in pony tails. He was short for a guy with a mop of black hair and wore sun glasses. She had remet Gerard on the Projekt Revolution tour, she was a bassist in a band called Mindless Self Indulgence and he of course being the lead singer in My Chemical Romance. Like a whirlwind romance story on the last day of the tour, September 3rd , they were married backstage.

Mikey and Alicia too were married backstage, however their courtship was much longer. After they got married Mikey took time off from the band so he and his wife could get settled in. Alicia like Lynn-Z was tall and had jet black hair. Mikey was taller than his brother and wore a black hoodie and sunglasses. It seemed like the Way brothers had similar taste in women.

“Bye sweetie, I’ll miss you,” said Alicia.

“I’ll miss you too, babe,” said Mikey with a fake pout. This made him irresistible in Alicia’s eyes. She ran up to him and gave him a huge hug and kiss.

Gerared and Mikey made their way past the security check points and looked up at the monitor to see what their gate number was.

“It’s about time you guys got here, we’re boarding in five minutes”, said an all familiar voice of Frank Iero the rhythm guitarist of the band. He was wearing a hat and glasses to try and disguise himself. This worked very well while as he was the first one there. But as soon as Ray showed up all bet’s were off. As much as they others could go unnoticed there was no chance of that for Ray Toro, his hair gave him away.

“Hey Frankie we missed you too,” smiled Gerard. “Where’s Ray?”

“He’s finishing up signing some autographs.”

They heard over the intercom that flight 1290 to Chicago was now boarding.

“C’mon we need to get on board.”

They got on board taking their seats.

Frank turned to Gerard, “I can’t wait to see the look on Bob’s face when we show up at his door.”

“He sounded so depressed when I talked to him last night,” interjected Ray from behind.

“Well that’s why we’re off, hopefully to make him feel better,” said Gerard.


Bob tried getting a hold of all four bandmates, he really needed to talk to them. He finally got some good news. The therapist is going to tell his doctor that he feels that he’s good enough to start playing again. He wanted to tell someone so he automatically dialed Kat’s number. All he heard was that the number was changed. He made his way to the bank.

It was dead for a Tuesday morning. There was only himself an elderly couple and soccer mom with three kids. He went up to someone at a desk and told them what he wanted. Bob sat there as the man got the paper work. The man came back and sat there while Bob filled out the the forms. He pulled out his wallet to get his license as identification. As the man was taking a photocopy of his license Bob noticed a beautiful blonde walk in the bank. She wore a large brim hat and sunglasses. He noticed the scar on her face and her nose looked rather weird, but all in all beautiful. She wore a hot pink turtleneck and pink mini skirt. He thought it was funny she looked just like the dolls little girls played with. The last thing he expected to come out of her mouth as she took out two guns, “GET DOWN, THIS IS A ROBBERY!!”
Sign up to rate and review this story