Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You're Running Out Of Places To Hide From Me

Chapter 3 - No Way Out

by Christiexox 4 reviews

God this title is stupid. Ah well... popsicles! 8D

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2008-03-08 - Updated: 2008-03-08 - 1004 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3: No Way Out

“Ow!” Gerard cursed as he hit his head off of the bunk, trying to get up. He held his head as he stood up to see if he woke anyone. “Good,” he whispered, noticing he didn’t, then walked silently out to the kitchen area. He sat down at the table, rubbing the spot that he hit the bunk with. Squinting in the dim-lit bus at the wall clock, he noticed it was only 1:30 in the morning. He didn’t mean to wake up this early but… he had a dream. He could remember that much. It was a strange dream. Even though he couldn’t recall what happened, it caused him to feel somewhat fearful. He walked to the very front where his boots were, put them on and unlocked the bus doors, thinking the fresh air would do him good.
Walking along the streets of Jersey at night isn’t a bright idea. Especially alone. But, to his confusion, he felt as if he was being guided along. Stopping felt as if he was turning his back on something. He couldn’t stop, and all he could think about for no apparent reason was of the mystifying woman.
Walking around street corners and alleyways, he started to feel watched. Hurrying along, he became more and more nervous. He could hear footsteps around him.
His breath shallow, he turned corner after corner, until he found himself in a big, open alleyway. Turning around, he noticed several pairs of black eyes glaring at him. Backing up slowly, they started moving forward as well.
Gods, help me now, he thought as they opened their mouths to reveal fangs. He found himself backed against the far wall, his back pressed against it as hard as it could be.
“Well, look whom we have here,” one of them said. “I do love a human who’s frightened. Makes the blood pound stronger and more profusely. Don’t you, guys?” The others started laughing as the one male came closer. Gerard held his breath as the thing came closer and closer to him. Just as he was thinking there was no way he would get out of there alive, a shadow flew off the roof behind him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Walking across the park in a black leather trench coat paired with leather knee-high boots, she caught the scent of ones she knew were not supposed to be in the city. Threats to the humans she was to protect. She was a queen, yes, but her soul duties were to protect her kind from the knowing of humans, but also to protect these humans all-the-same. She promised the gods she’d protect the mortals. It had its downsides, yes, but it also gave her something to do to forget about how alone she actually was. She has her followers, but there was no one to take her crown if she were to die. That would leave her kind without a leader. Left to fend for themselves. And of course, that would result in the extinction of her race.
She needed someone to mate with her. Sadly, all the good choices were already bonded with their loved ones.
Love, pssh, nonsense. To her, love was like metaphorically driving a nail through your heart. You hardly ever saw it coming and you were left with a wound that takes a lifetime to mend. She learned to toughen up quickly, though. She was a queen. She couldn’t be so selfish and broken. She had to stand her ground and care for her immortals.
Following the smell a little ways, she began to smell the fear of a mortal. They were closing in on him or her, telling from the way their fear mounted.
She ran towards the nearest building. Jumping up, she started to scale up the side with an inhuman speed. Within seconds she was dashing across the rooftops, scenting the air for them as the smell got stronger and stronger. There was at least 15 of them, from what she could tell.
Running across the last rooftop, she sensed the human. Something in her told her this one was important. Jumping into the alleyway below, she landed right behind the one about to bite…. him. Gerard Way. Of all people, this son of a bitch had to be the one in danger. Unsheathing her sword, she wound her arm around the vampire’s front and stabbed him directly in the heart, resulting in him exploding into a pile of ash.
Turning around to face the rest of them, she grinned, twirling the blade of a dagger around. “You know,” she started, “I do enjoy watching you blow up into confetti. I find it hilarious. Now, kiss your mothers goodbye, because you do know you’re all about to die, right?” As they started to run at her she realized some of them were experienced. Giving one a roundhouse kick, then throwing her dagger at another, she noticed Gerard still standing there.
“Run you stupid idiot!” she yelled at him, running and decapitating another one with her sword.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her silhouette danced in time with the words that were practically sung through her lips. He should have been terrified out of his mind, and listened to her pleas to run for his life. But all he could do was stand there, and stare at her.
All of a sudden, it felt as if the air was being knocked out of him. He realized one of them was holding him up against the wall. Its’ eyes oozed out black tar as it stared at me. I looked over to see the woman staring at us, her eyes going red. I closed my eyes as the thing bit into my neck.
Then I felt myself being let go. I slid to the ground, trying to stay awake as long as possible. Hearing the beautiful woman’s cries of outrage as she killed the last of them off, everything went black.
Sign up to rate and review this story