Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You're Running Out Of Places To Hide From Me

Chapter 4 - Let Me Feel Death Again

by Christiexox 3 reviews

Rawr. Summaries on every chapter is stupid. Unless they're a mile and a half long. That's understandable.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-04-05 - Updated: 2008-04-05 - 553 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4: Let Me Feel Death Again

Sheathing her sword as the last attacker burst into dust, she turned to find Gerard in a heap on the ground. Growling, she jogged over to him. She had seen one of the males holding him up against the wall, but she thought she pulled the male off in time. Guess she was too late.
“Maybe next time you’ll listen to me when I say run,” she mumbled, kneeling down beside him.
Listening to his slow heartbeat, she noticed how it was faltering. His skin looked as if it was getting paler and paler.
He was dying. And daylight was coming soon.
Knowing what she had to do, she sighed deeply as she gathered him in her arms and stood up without hesitation. Walking out of the alley, she noticed the pain in her right arm for the first time. Thinking it was broken, she shifted most of his weight into her left side, before continuing her stride towards the other side of town.
As she started walking down the deserted, lamp-lit street, she heard the squealing of tires behind her. Looking back at a black Volvo she knew all to well, she cursed as she began to run as fast as she could.
She felt herself growing weaker and weaker by the second, but that didn’t stop her. The pain in her right arm increased as the bone poked through, tearing at the skin. The car behind them tried to swerve into them as they rounded another street. In quick flashes she was running from side to side, avoiding being hit.
“Why the fuck does this have to happen right now?“
Slugging Gerard over her right shoulder, a move that caused a tremendous amount of pain, she reached with her free hand to the hilt on her waist. Grabbing a dagger, she twisted around to face the car, and flung it through the window at the driver. The dagger pierced the center of his forehead, driving it all the way through. Even though he wasn’t dead, he was in enough pain to lose control of the car.
She ducked out of the way as the Volvo swerved sharply to the side. She continued to run as the car smashed into the side of a brick building. Wincing, she brought Gerard back down to cradle in her hands as she continued to hurry along the darkened streets.
Breathing heavily now, she slowed her speed. Finally arriving where she destined to go, she kicked her foot against the wrought iron door.
“Let me in for God sakes!” she yelled up at the barred windows of the stone building. Her arm was in excruciating pain now, her breathing shallow and rapid and her skin starting to feel the burn of the rising sun. She dropped to her knees, not because she was too weak and pained to go move any further, but because she didn’t want to. At that moment she felt as if she had had enough. She looked up dazedly as the doors opened and two figures came swiftly forward.
“Leave me here, get him inside. Let me feel death again, for the last and final time,” she sadly whispered.
Her body suddenly becoming very weak, she leaned back, and fell into unconsciousness.
Sign up to rate and review this story