Categories > Original > Drama > On the Outside Looking In

Chapter 13- Rebel Boy

by Lizzerriffic2137 0 reviews

WOW I haven't updated in like a fricken year. oh well. I was up late unable to think (I was trying to do my science project) and then I started reading this story again, and I started getting new i...

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-03-09 - Updated: 2008-03-10 - 485 words

0Unrated
Chapter 13

“This is my stop. See you around Mr.F”
“Nice talking to you. I hope we can do it again sometime soon.”
“Uhh… sure ok. Bye.”
Truthfully, I wouldn’t mind meeting up with Mr.F again. The thing is, it’s kind of awkward. I guess the whole situation was just really… weird. It was. Like, stuff like this never happens. I guess I can’t say that anymore.
I dug my hands into my pockets as I rounded the corner on my block. My right hand hit something hard, which I had no trouble pulling out since the pants were practically falling off of my skinny frame. Wow. I didn’t even know these things even existed anymore. It was a portable cassette player. I popped out the tape and read the label. Scribbled onto it were the words “learn or die”. What? I must have read it wrong or sumthin. I squinted my eyes and read it again. Dude. That’s freaky. I put the tape back in and listened anyway. The familiar guitar riff of Led Zeppelin’s “The Ocean” came streaming through the headphones. I fast forwarded to see what else Mr. F had on here. There was a crap load of songs on that tape! They were sick too! He had stuff by Aerosmith and Pealjam and Jimmy Eat World…Sunny Day Real Estate… the Eagles,the Strokes, The Kaiser Cheifs…Zeppelin, and a bunch of other people. There was this one song that I never heard. It was sung by a girl… but you could tell it wasn’t some tennie or a girl band. The guitar was obviously rockish… it was filled with electric power chords and cool riffs. Damn that girl can sing. I had to find out who these people were. I walked up the steps to my house, still in a daze.
My daydreaming was cut short by little bro coming to the door (well not my really little bro, hes 13.)
“Hey dude what took you so long?”
“Sorry I got held up at school.”
“Whatcha get cought for this time Mr.Slick?”
That was my nickname here at home too, cuz I always manage to get blamed for something. Even if it ain’t my fault- Lenny’s did it. Damn my face. Why can’t an almost 15 year old 5 foot 6 inch little Tennessee boy look innocent? Maybe I should cut my hair. Maybe people are judging me as a rebel boy. Maybe I am a rebel boy. Who knows.
“I wasn’t in no trouble Jimmy just mind your own business for once wouldya?”
“Whatever man you better get your ass inside If you know what’s good for you. The guys have been waiting in the basement and they’re pretty pissed.”
I sighed and walked through the living room into the kitchen and down the stairs into the basement.
Sign up to rate and review this story