Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Cancer

Workaholics And Tabloids

by chicago_fire 3 reviews

Discussion with the loverly Mr.Toro...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-03-10 - Updated: 2008-04-28 - 1015 words

1Ambiance
"I didn't say anything." he claimed.

"Yeah you did."

"You're hearing things, babe."

"My ears are fine, and I'm mentally sound so I'm pretty sure you said something."

"Keep telling yourself that." He giggled at me.

"Whatever, fine."

"C'mon we have to get out of bed."

I pulled the sheets over my head and groaned.

"I don't wanna." I laughed.

"Don't make me come under there young lady. You won't like your punishment." I could just feel his smirk. He was having fun with this and so would I.

"What happens if I don't come out?"

"I'll have to punish you."

"So what are you my master now?"
"No but those words sure as hell have a spark to light a flame." He let out a deep chuckle.
Gerard slipped a hand under the sheets and ran his palm down my arm. He raised the sheets and ducked under. Next thing I knew, he had me pinned. I was being showered with kisses. Then there was a knock on the door. A voice echoed from the hall.

"Christine? We need you. You awake?" It sounded like Ray.

"Fuck." Gerard said in angst. I looked at him with sympathy.

"Sorry."

"There's another robe in the closet."

"Be there in a minute." I called out.

I swiftly rolled off the bed and got a robe from the closet. I made my way to the door and cracked it a little.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Hey, I wanted to show you where the merch is for the next show. We had to move it and it's in another box. So I wanted to bring you to check it out. Also there’s a couple kinks to the Meet and Greet that Brian forgot to tell us about so could you help?"

"Yeah, sure. Is it okay if I get dressed and everything first?" I scratched my neck and yawned.

"Oh yeah, of course."

"What room are you going to be in?"

"Actually I'm going to be downstairs in the lobby office. Got some shit of my own to do."

"I'll be down in about twenty minutes. Sound good?"

"Yeah. I'll see you down there."

"Okay, see ya Toro."

I shut the door and I turned around to find Gerard already half way dressed. He was at the table reading the comics in the newspaper and drinking coffee.

"What'd Ray want?"

"Shit with merch and tonight's Meet & Greet has to be arranged."

"Oh. Your coffee is by the microwave." He hadn't taken his eyes away from the paper but he pointed to its location. I retrieved it.

"Thanks." I said after taking a sip.

“I’ll never understand why these kids love us so much. We wouldn't be anywhere without them though, that’s for sure.”

“They just do, I guess. They look up to you five.”

“Yeah, I’m the perfect role model, all right.” Gerard laughed taking another drink from his mug. Meanwhile, I shuffled through my suitcase attempting to find something to throw on to meet Ray.The more and more I thought about it, I found the best word to describe Gerard. Unpredictable. Once I was clothed and ready to go, I made my way towards the door.

“Not so fast.” I heard Gerard say.

“What?” I stopped. He put his comic down and gave me a sinister smile.

“No goodbye?” he walked over in my direction.

“I didn't want to disturb you. I wouldn't have been long anyways.”
Gerard gave me a kiss.

“Now get the fuck out of here, woman.”

“Yes, master.” I made sure to be overly dramatic and sarcastic. I got a genuine smile out of him, which was nice. I grabbed my laptop and walked out. I walked into the office to find Ray with a set of headphones, watching the screen and typing intensely. He was one of the hardest working men I had ever met. A man obsessed, he’d been called. The other guys had always played tricks on him when he worked, he was an easy target. Ray pretty much zoned out and tuned into his own world.Trying not to disturb him much, I took a seat nearest him at the table and pulled out my computer. It was about ten minutes until he noticed me.I was writing emails and carrying on about 5 conversations with friends, all the while. He finally came to and noticed me.

"Oh, fuck. Hey." Ray removed his headphones.

"Hey there, workaholic."

"Sorry. Didn't see you there."

"Obviously."

"Working on a song."

"Nice. So, I'm here. I might as well do my job."

"Right, to the van?"

I nodded in reply. He showed me the new place for the merch and we worked out the kinks for the meet and greet like he had said. We hadn't talked about anything else except for work for about an hour.

All of the sudden, he asked me a question that caught me off guard.

"Christine?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you like Gerard?"

"Uhh--" Before I could really answer he continued to speak.
"Cause I've noticed the way he acts around you.A-And vice versa. It just strikes me as odd. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but he seemed to get closer to you when the rumors
started." Ray's face looked worried.

I nearly choked on my own saliva.

"Rumors? What rumors?"

"People and all these shitty tabloids keep making up shit about how Gerard is gay and how he dates girls as a cover."

"What the fuck?!"

"I know, That's what I've been saying."

"So what are you trying to say?"

"All I'm really trying to say is, is--" He took a deep breath and huffed.

"Just be careful. You're a nice girl. I don't want you to get hurt, okay?"

I didn't like Ray's warning. It left a cloud of doubt over my head. When I think I have him figured out, Gerard lets me know it's only just began. Then there's Toro. What is he trying to protect me from? I can handle myself but I can't help but wonder.
Sign up to rate and review this story