Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We can settle this affair.

The fine art of manipulation.

by darkviolet 7 reviews

The land of the free and the brave.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Erotica - Characters: Mikey Way - Published: 2008-03-17 - Updated: 2008-03-17 - 1240 words

2Insightful
After dinner, Mikey, me and dad watched some kind of a TV movie, I spaced out the minute the first notes of the soundtrack flew out of the big black square. I don't need movie drama, I have enough of my own private dramatic share of events.

"Holy crap! Did you see it!," Mikey nudged me enthusiastically, not tearing his eyes away from the flickering screen and loading his mouth a fist full of popcorn.

"What,", I jerked up from my plot of how I was gonna face Diana...Or more accurately how I wasn't gonna face her ever again as long as I live...Probably cause meeting her would be how I die...But I was hopeful, this school is big enough for the both of us, "Yeah awesome"

"Did you see how he did that flip?!," he exclaimed, "fucking fantastic!"
I rolled my eyes a little, I never got why people always say 'did you see that'...Of course I did, I'm sitting right next to him! A few inches from the goddamn TV! Of course I saw it , unless I'm blind or stupid or both I see no point of asking that.
"look look," he elbowed me, "he's doing it again!"
I sighed, directing my eyes at the screen. Some dude was flipping on the road with his motorcycle, making me wonder what kinda movie it was. He was doing that for 5 minutes before another dude in a silver car caught up with him and now they both flipped on the road.
"Man I can't wait to get my license," Mikey sighed with longing after the dude with the motorcycle crashed into a gigantic ditch he miraculously didn't see while flipping even though it was more like a huge hole.

Dad chucked on his soda, studying Mikey with a cocked eyebrow and his dad-ish expression.
Mikey caught his gaze and began stammering, "Not...Not that I'm gonna drive like that...I'm a careful driver...I just need...I...To get to the library...And study....And become a doctor...And maybe a lawyer...," he slouched down on the sofa and nibbled on his own soda can.

"I can't wait get out and learn how to drive," I sighed dramatically, casting a side way glance at dad who instantly looked very interested in the movie all of the sudden.

"you mean you aren't already?," Mikey snickered.

"Are you?"

"Yeah, Gerard's teaching me almost every weekend," he sat up straighter and kinda pushed his chest out like a narcissistic peacock.

Now it was my turn to slouch and pout my lip out, "That's so unfair! My father keeps promising to teach me and he never does"

"Now velvet you know how busy I'm with work"

"Yeah you're always too busy to keep your promising to me," I looked down at my hands, hanging my head down and trying to look heart broken, just in case dad won't fall for the breaking promises shit I have something else to fall on, "You would be the reason I'll be 20 and license less"

"And I'll be doing some very lucky people a favor by keeping you off the roads," dad smirked playfully.

"that's so fucking unfair!," I exclaimed, throwing my poor child act out of the window, "Even Mikey is already driving"

"Viola," dad sighed, rubbing his eyes.

"No, I don't wanna hear excuses," I crossed my arms on my chest and looked him directly in the eyes, "You're the that has to sleep at night knowing you're depriving your only daughter the opportunity of being a normal healthy teenager in the United States of America, the land of the free and the brave"
Dad joined Mikey in his uncontrolled snores and giggles, trying to cover up his face with his hands and spilling his soda all over his face.
I glared at them, waiting till they finished and breathed again, "I'm serious. I have rights, equality and shit. I deserve as a citizen of the United States, the state of New Jersey the right to drive"

Dad stood up and began clapping, still laughing his heart out, "I raised a proper patriotic USA citizen"
Mikey erupted in another laughing fit, clutching his soda in one hand and his stomach to which his wet tshirt clung with the other.

"I'm glad I'm amusing you," I muttered.

"Aw baby, you're priceless," dad sat back, wiping the laughter tears.

"Yeah and still license less"

"We'll see what we can do about it," he nodded with a wide teeth baring smile, "After all I can't sleep well at night knowing I'm depriving my only daughter of being a normal healthy teenager in the United States of America, home of the free and the brave".

Mikey began laughing again.

"That's what you said last time," I grumbled.

"Look baby, I'm busy, I work hard all week, sometimes I just don't feel like risking my life in one car with you"

"How do you even know that I'm a hazard waiting to happen, you never even took me out," I cried out, outraged at the prejudice, "Is it cause I'm a girl?!"

"Baby, I'm just teasing. I bet you're a great driver"

"Then take me out to drive," I whined childishly.

"Jesus," ad threw his arms up and looked up to supposedly god.

"How do you even know god is up there? Maybe he's down and hell is in the sky"

"Cause the devil couldn't have produced such a sight as the sky," he preached calmly with an air of importance.

Mikey and I exchanged looks, smirking.
"Yeah so hell is underground and yet it produces our food and allows us to live," I argued back.

"But the heavens give us water that is critical for the underground to grow anything," dad claimed.

"Hmm," I wrinkled my nose, scanning the room with my eyes for my next dodge ball, "But without the ground there's no point to the water"

"If I teach you to drive will you stop questioning my beliefs?"

"Maybe," I smiled sheepishly.

"I bet Gerard wouldn't mind teaching you as well," Mikey interrupted my blackmailing.

I laughed out loud, "I bet he would"

"He's giving me lessons anyway," he shrugged, "You can just come along"

"We can ask him in the morning," dad nodded, looking relieved, "He's probably asleep already.
I nodded too, day dreaming how I would drive the empty streets of Jersey at night with the chilly breeze in my hair, slapping on my face and the radio blaring out my favorite guns & roses song, and me singing along on top of my lungs.
"But you gotta promise to be nice to Gerard if he agrees," dad's voice slashed my dreamy image in my mind apart.

"I'm always nice to him," I said defensively.

"Yeah," he smirked, "Nicer then you were today"

"That was me being nice!," I exclaimed.

"Viola," dad gave me a look like you gotta be kidding me.

"No she's right, " Mikey verified, "that was them being friendly, they're really mellow lately"

Dad shook his head with a little smile," Holy f...Heaven. How about not calling him names and not insulting his family?"

"Usually I just insult him," I shrugged a little, "But today I was nice"

"Maybe I should offer him payment," dad mused more to himself then to us.

"I'm not that bad! He's the one being horrible to me, " I shrieked.

"Money it is then"
Sign up to rate and review this story