Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > The Road Not Taken

Intimidation

by utenatai 0 reviews

Theme: Bullying/Intimidation

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Kurosaki Ichigo - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-03-20 - Updated: 2008-03-21 - 470 words - Complete

0Unrated
Sitting in the fourth division headquarters with a broken ankle, a cracked rib, and a host of other cuts and bruises, Ichigo reflected that this was the reason he had stopped training with the eleventh division. Because the eleventh division was fucking insane. Ichigo didn’t really expect the members of the eleventh to stop a spar at first blood, but he pretty well expected to stop at first loss of consciousness. Unfortunately, they had different ideas.

To Ichigo’s relief, transfer to the infirmary did seem to be grounds for declaring a cease fire. Which was why Ichigo was now sitting in a room at the fourth shooting the breeze with Ikkaku, Yumichika, and the five guys that Ichigo had knocked out before Yumichika had finally taken him out with that weird… thing of his. Ichigo wasn’t sure what it was, and no one else around had been with it enough to tell him what had happened.

Truth was, the pain of his wounds aside, it wasn’t really a bad place to be. Ikkaku had come to visit with a bottle of cheap shochu and the seven of them had sprawled out, passing around the booze and complaining about how lousy the food was around here. Ichigo had barely even registered the sound of footsteps in the hallway when suddenly Ikkaku’s bald head shot up like a beacon, everyone’s eyes went wide, and there was a mass scramble back to the cots. Ichigo yelped as someone stumbled over his bad ankle and shoved the shochu under Ichigo’s bed. Not a second later, Captain Unohana entered the room with her usual agreeable smile.

“And is everyone doing alright in here?” the captain asked pleasantly.

“Yes!”
“Of course, ma’am!”
“Just fine!”

“What? You guys were just complaining about how bad the food was!” Ichigo objected.

Ikakku glared at him and Yumichika made a sign for him to shut up.

“No, no problems! The fourth takes really great care of us!” one of his roommates answered.

“Good. Do be on your best behavior and try to heal up quickly.” And with that, Unohana was gone again.

“What the hell was that?” Ichigo asked after she left. “Are you guys scared of her or something?”

“Just let it go,” Ikakku gave him a sideways glance as he dug the alcohol back out from its hiding place. “You don’t wanna talk about those things.”

“Wait, why are you guys so intimidated by her? Have you seen her shikai? It’s a friggin’ jellyfish… thing,” Ichigo gestured.

“Shut up she is right down the hall she can probably hear you.” Ikakku hissed, jabbing him in the ribs.

“OUCH. Okay, whatever. Just stop hitting me where I’m trying to heal.”

Ikakku poked him again for good measure. “Pussy.”
Sign up to rate and review this story