Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

Goodbye For Real - MAR 25

by AlexSanDee 2 reviews

Monica tells Bert the truth about Liv, Kelly knows Luke is worried and Frank tells Jamia his plans.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-03-25 - Updated: 2008-03-25 - 1479 words

1Moving
Monica sat back down on the sofa and took Bert’s hand in hers. “I don’t know where to begin.”
Bert leaned over snuffed out his cigarette and then took her hand between both of his, “Monica, just tell me. What the fuck is going on? I mean I knew something was really wrong when you answered the door.”
Monica nodded slowly, “This is so hard to tell you.” She looked down at their clasped hands. “Liv is here.”
“What? Liv is here?”
Monica simply nodded, “She never left town. The day I went to her apartment I found her.”
“I don’t understand.” Bert said, “Is she sick? Is it the fucking drugs again? And why the hell are you taking care of her?”
Monica knew she had to explain quickly, “She is sick Bert.” She paused then looked into his eyes, “She’s dying.”
Bert stared a moment. “Dying?”
“She has cancer. When I found her she was getting ready to go to a hospice center to die. I brought her home with me.”
He closed his eyes letting the truth of her words sink in slowly. “Of fuck.” He whispered.
Monica’s other hand gently touched his face, “Bert I’m so sorry. I know how you feel about her.” She whispered.
“I’ve always loved her.” He said softly. “Always.”
They sat in silence for several minutes. “That’s why she left Elle with you.” He finally said.
Monica nodded, “Yeah, remember when she wanted to meet me? It was because you had told her such nice things about me. She knew she was dying and she wanted to make sure I’d be a good mother for Elle.”
“How long has she known?”
“Since last December. That’s why she came back into Gee’s life. She found out and was scared. That night at the Christmas Gala she was trying to get him back into her life for Elle.”
“Oh this is fucked up.” Bert pulled his hand from hers and sat back.
“Yeah, it is. I’ve grown to really care for her.” Monica said finally giving into the tears she couldn’t hold back. “Here I wanted to hate her for so long and now I know the truth.”
Bert closed his eyes, “How bad is she?”
“The pain is getting worse ever day. Hospice comes in and helps me and they’ve started her on morphine.”
“Oh fuck.” Bert whispered, “Why the hell isn’t Gee here helping you with this?” He asked angrily.
“He doesn’t know.” Monica answered sadly. “Liv won’t let me tell him. She made me promise her I wouldn’t tell him.” Her voice broke.
Bert sat up and pulled her into his arms, “I’m sorry, Monica. Sorry you have to handle this on your own. Why won’t she let you tell him?” He asked struggling to understand.
“She doesn’t want him to see her like this.”
“I want to see her.” Bert said suddenly.
Monica sat up, “She wants to see you. That’s what Kara just told me.”
Bert nodded and stood. He put out his hand and helped Monica to her feet. Silently they walked towards the stairs. Neither spoke until the reached the guest room. Monica looked in to see Kara brushing Liv’s hair. When she saw them she smiled at Liv and stepped back. Monica heard Bert gasp as she got a glimpse of Liv in the hospital bed.
Kara walked over to them. Monica looked at Bert. “Kara and I will be downstairs if you need anything.” She gave his arm a squeeze then walked down the hall followed by Kara.
“She wanted me to brush her hair before Bert saw her.” Kara said softly.
Bert took a few steps into the room. Liv looked over at him. “Hey, Bertie. Come on and sit by me.”
He crossed the room and fell into the chair by the bed. She looked so small and fragile. Words escaped him.
“I wanted to tell you goodbye for real.” Liv said softly.

“Night Bug.” Luke leaned down and gave Elle a quick kiss on the top of her head.
“Night Uke.” Elle said snuggling down under the covers.
Kelly smiled, “Get to sleep, little sister.” She said from the doorway.
“Me’s will.” Elle looked over at her, “You’se commin to bed soon?”
“Yep” She answered. “Want me to leave the small light on?”
Elle nodded. Luke crossed the room and he and Kelly walked back upstairs. Donna met them when they reached to top. “Elle all tucked in for the night?”
“Yeah, I left the light on for her.” Kelly answered. “It is okay if Luke and I watch TV for a while?’
“Just remember it’s a school night.” Donna said. “I’m gonna give Elle a kiss then Don and I are gonna look over some remodeling books.”
“I thought you were gonna sell the house.” Kelly said.
Donna smiled, “We’re still not sure what we’re gonna do. There are a lot of happy memories here.”
Kelly smiled, “Yeah, I love this house.”
“Well anyway, goodnight Luke.” Donna gave him a quick hug.
Luke smiled, “Night, Donna and thanks again for inviting me to dinner.”
“You’re welcome anytime.” She walked down the stairs.
Kelly and Luke went into the living room and settled on the sofa. Luke put his arm around her and she snuggled up to him as she used the remote to flip on the TV. “What do you want to watch?”
“You” Luke answered softly.
Kelly smiled up at him. “Oh really. How come?”
He leaned down slightly and kissed her lips, “Cause there is nothing in the world that I love more.”
Kelly returned his kiss. Soon the television was forgotten. Luke realized after a few minutes they needed to slow down. When he pulled away Kelly frowned.
“Hey, your grandma of grandpa could walk in at any minute. I don’t wanna get thrown out.”
She laughed, “They like you. They’re not gonna throw you out.”
“They might if they walk in and see us making out.” Luke said with a small grin.
Kelly snuggled back in his arms, “Luke?”
“Yeah, Sunshine.”
“You worried about tomorrow?”
He knew she was talking about his doctor’s appointment. “I little I guess.”
“It’s gonna be okay.” She told him softly.
Luke sighed, “You really think so?”
Kelly’s smile slipped but she made sure he didn’t see. The truth was she didn’t know and it scared her. “Yeah, I think so.” She said trying to convince him.
“Art is the only thing I’m good at.” Luke said quietly, “If I lose that I don’t know what I’ll do. I was really planning on trying to get a scholarship for Art school. Now I don’t know what I’ll do.”
“What we’ll do.” Kelly said sitting up and looking him in the eyes. “Whatever happens we will face it together.”
Luke frowned, “Sunshine, I’m just trying to think ahead. I want to be able to go to school so I can get a good job. I want to be able to take care of you.”
“No matter what happens we’ll handle it together.” Kelly wanted him to understand, “Whatever life throws at us, as long as we have each other it will be okay.”
Luke looked at this girl he loved with all his heart and knew she meant ever word she said. He also knew that if he couldn’t get an Art scholarship things would be hard. “Yeah, he said softly. “I know.”

“Honey, why don’t you go home and get a good night’s sleep.” Jamia said looking over at Frank who was almost asleep in the chair.
He opened his eyes wider, “Nope. Not leaving your side.”
Jamia smiled, “Frankie, I’m fine. The babies are fine. But you need to get some sleep.”
Frank sat up and stretched. “Stop worrying about me. I told you I’m not going anywhere.”
“What about the tour?” Jamia asked. She and Frank had both been deliberately not addressing the issue.
“I called Brian earlier and told him I’m not going back.”
“You did?” Jamia was surprised, “Why didn’t you tell me?”
Frank stood up and moved closer to the bed, “I did. I told you I’m not going anywhere. That’s I’m gonna see my babies born.”
“Are you sure? You could finish the European tour.”
Frank shook his head, “Can’t get rid of me.” He leaned down and kissed her lips.
“Frankie?” Her voice was so small.
Frank looked into her eyes, “Yeah?”
“I’m glad you’re not going back. I want you to stay with me.”
Sign up to rate and review this story