Categories > Original > Romance > Oh, You've GOT to Be Kidding Me

In Which the Authoress is Pwned Again

by Ryder 0 reviews

Yes, it’s sad, I know. But I’m a hopeless romantic at heart, and it isn’t exactly every day that a really cute guy acts civil to me.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Parody - Published: 2008-03-27 - Updated: 2008-03-27 - 698 words

0Unrated
Well, I had just been turned down by the love of my life. So as you can imagine, I was kinda pissed. Amazing how that works. You think you know a guy… But we’re still pretty much best friends. I’m not a homophobe. Far from it. While I don’t drool over guy-on-guy, like some of my friends, I’m not averse to it at all. I’m even a member of the Gay-Straight Alliance at my school. John introduced me to it. Yet another reason I should have realized he was gay.

I can be so dense.

Anyways. It had been a week since the incident, and it finally occurred to me: There was another really nice guy I knew, who was also kinda cute. Shaggy blonde hair, ice blue eyes. Tall, way taller than John, Which is, ironically, one of my pet peeves. I HATE tall people. It’s kind of the nature of the beast when you’re five foot two. But he was really cute. And he was the only guy in my AP US History class (herein referred to as APUSH) to actually acknowledge my presence.

And so, Kenneth Evers was my newest crush.

Yes, it’s sad, I know. But I’m a hopeless romantic at heart, and it isn’t exactly every day that a really cute guy acts civil to me.

You see, most people think I’m a total bitch. And/or, I act like I’m so much better than everyone. Personally, I think that they are annoying. Which is somewhat understandable, considering I’ve been harassed for the past seven years. At least.

And, combine this with the fact that I’m not exactly the beautiful size-zero model you see in all those TV romances, a teenage boy being nice to me at all was a bonus.

Regardless, he was a nice guy and although I think I creeped him out a bit, we were soon at least friend-ly to each other, if not true friends.

Soon after, I met other people in APUSH. Ashley and David. David was a nice guy mostly, but he was kinda… and I hate to use the term, ‘cause I like to live in the fun world where looks don’t matter… ugly. Hunchbacked, flat-faced. And he could get REALLY annoying after a while. So my heart stayed with Kenneth.

Turns out, Ashley was friends with the new ‘guy of my dreams’. After a while, I had sort-of inserted myself into their group, making friends with them. We were pretty much all in APUSH, so we studied together, did homework together, etc.

And I lay in wait until I could snatch him up.

Don’t get me wrong; I wasn’t using them to get to Kenneth. We really were, and are, great friends. Unfortunately for me, I’m the last to know everything. Here’s an example:

Fast forward, four months from then.

Let me set the scene for you. We were almost to the point where we were ready to take the AP test. It was me, Ashley, Jean, Eliza, and Emily, sitting around, quizzing each other out of our textbooks.

Ashley leaned over and whispered in my ear, “Is it just me, or are the twins looking less and less alike?”

I looked at her, dumbfounded. “What twins?”

Turns out, Eliza and Emily were twins. I just didn’t notice because no one told me, and Emily had hair up to her ears, whereas Eliza had hair down to the small of her back.

And here’s the kicker:

Two months after the AP test (I got a 4, by the way, enough for college credit), we met at Ashley’s house for her birthday party. And the Irony Gods struck again.

I walked in to find Kenneth and Eliza…

Cuddling.

And the first thought that ran through my mind was: “Oh, you have got to be kidding me.”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Like I said in the previous chapter, this did actually happen to me. Just goes to show, I am unlucky in love. That being the understatement of the century. Again, the names have been changed.
Sign up to rate and review this story