Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Stuttering

"We're gonna switch shoes, we're gonna switch shoes!"

by Syn_INC 3 reviews

Joe made a mental note to high five his 'girlfriend' if she ever made it back from Barcelona. It was Gin's fault the reason Patrick was singing about switching shoes. But as sad as it was no one re...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-03-27 - Updated: 2008-03-28 - 1584 words - Complete

0Unrated
Stuttering 29
I stood outside Best Buy waiting when Gin pulled up with Joe in her passenger side. This made me laugh and I opened the door to the back seat.
"Move your ass Joseph." Gin stated.
"What?" He demanded.
"She got your damn computer now move to the back."
I started to laugh as Joe moved his ass to the back and I got up front.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"I'm dropping Joe off. Then I'm dropping you off at home. Then I'm going home to take a shower."
"Why didn't you take a shower at Joe's?"
"Because all Joe wants to do is touch me. I'm not really feeling that at the moment."
"I'm...still here." Joe said rolling his eyes.
"I know babe."
Genovieve dropped everyone off at their own locations and went home.
"Hey babe" Joe said leaving a message on Gin's phone, "can you take this other Mac to Cali's job for me since you see her all the time. Thanks, see ya."

Flashback: December 28th 2007:Somewhere in Europe

Patrick was uploading his cameras SD card to his computer when Elisa walked in.
"Who's this Calista everyone keeps talking about?" Elisa asked.
"This girl I occasionally have sex with. Why did you come here anyway?" Patrick demanded.
"We spoke about me coming to Europe when you guys were out here."
"We did, but that was when we were dating."
"Yea but," Elisa started, "that kiss yesterday it meant something didn't it?"
"It did, for the most part but I don't think-"
Elisa crossed the small distance between their bodies and kissed Patrick again as Andy walked in the room. Patrick pulled away from Elisa and looked up.
"Do your dirt my friend." Andy said raising his hands up and walking away.
"Andy!"
"No. I'm good. Hear no evil See no evil Speak no evil" Andy said covering his ears and walking out the door.
"What's that about?"
"Nothing. Thank god this tour is almost over...I think-"
Patrick looked at Elisa in her brown eyes and realized that those aren't the brown eyes he had grown to love. They weren't slightly chinky with black eyeliner. These brown eyes didn't have wisdom or a spark to them. He had learned that these eyes said nothing to him anymore.
They didn't love him the way those other brown eyes loved him. And he couldn't see Elisa baring his children. Because as we all know Patrick is down with being a father and being that guy.
Patrick got up and walked out the room not thinking that the girl alone with his mac would be his ultimate demise. He loved Elisa too much to think she'd hurt him like this. And for her to be his 'best girl' friend. He would have expected more from her.
As Elisa point and clicked her way around his Garage band then eventually Safari, she opened his outlook. There was a draft there waiting to be sent. She clicked it open and read the email.
There was something in there about Sweetness and missing someone so much she was just confused and upset that Patrick was writing these things but they weren't for her. That familiar USB Finished chime went off and she noticed the pictures from Paris had finished uploading.
Elisa typed in 'Sweetness' into the TO box and Cali Rod came up. She then hit enter and started to upload various pictures to be sent in various compromising positions of her and Patrick in Paris. Just as she was about to hit send the computer went black.
Just at the moment the computer went dark Patrick walked back into the room laughing about, nothing in general. He looked at Elisa and she looked petrified.
"El- Calista- Cali- Calista- We're gonna be home will you please come see me?- Yes we have a show in New York, Will you be my date?"
Elisa walked out the room and Patrick grabbed her by the arm knowing there was something the matter with her. Joe then walked in and she released Patrick's grip from her arm and walked across the room.
"Dude, what happened to your notebook?" Joe said as he pushed buttons trying to log on to his buzznet from there.
Patrick shrugged his shoulders and Joe turned the notebook towards Patrick.
"Is that Cali or Gin?" Joe asked.
"Cali-" he snatched the phone from Patrick's hand and spoke to Cali on the line
"Where's my woman?- where is she?- why?" Joe obviously didn't like the answer because he growled into the phone and handed it back to Patrick.
"Me too." Patrick said in a hurry as he got a good look at his Mac.
Patrick hung up the phone and pushed random buttons on his Mac.
"Elisa what the fuck did you do to my fucking mac!" Patrick flipped out.
"Nothing. I was on Safari and it just went black."
"I see a front door and I want to paint it black / no colors in my world, they're all painted black..." Joe sung laughing.
"Not funny." Patrick said dangerously.
"Ok. Loser."
Patrick diddled with his computer a bit longer and noticed that the white apple on the cover wasn't lit. He made a quick call to the Geek Squad's "Oh-Look-I'm-A-Fucking-Celebrity-I-Can-Get-24-Hour-Help-Anytime-I-Need-It" line.
They just concluded that maybe it was the $300 lamp that went out.
Patrick paced the floor. A few minutes later Pete walked in and started to pace the floor with Patrick. Patrick put his hand to his hair and gave a tug. This in turn made Pete smack Patrick's hand.
"Its all beginning again." Pete said softly, "I mean- what's wrong Patrick?"
"I think." Patrick started, "I think I love Eli- Calista."
"Who?"
"Calista."
"Then why do you keep saying Elisa?"
"I don't know! I love Calista so much that I want to scream it on stage!"
"There's other ways you know."
All the guys stood around Patrick's guitar with black and white electrical tape. They cut out long and short lines to get the main message across.
"Do you think that's gonna get my point across? Patrick asked.
"Lets see. 'Marry me Calista?' nope. I don't think it will." Joe sighed.
"You shut your face." Patrick threatened.
Joe rolled his eyes and started to laugh. It must have been 3 minutes before the guys had to run on stage when the string on Patrick's 'Marry Me' guitar broke. Pete's mouth dropped but there was no time. The opening montage was nearly done.
Dirty handed Patrick a back up and that was it as they were pushed on stage. That wasn't a great show for Patrick. But then a show where your string breaks is never a good show. This Patrick learned again when his G snapped in the middle of 'Its hard to say 'I do' when I don't.' what a coincidence.
"Ummm, yea guys- we're gonna start that song again." Patrick said laughing as he got a 3rd guitar handed to him for the night, "Dirty everyone! Ok- ready? Andy count us off."
There was the count off and into the middle of the song Patrick's mind raced.
When I said that I'd return to you I meant more like a relapse
Now again I think "His and Her's" "For better or worse" /
But the only ring I want buried with me are the ones around my eyes /
"You're appealing to emotions that I simply do not have" /
I've got the red carpet blues baby /
so "Put your hands in the air and don't make a sound /
But don't get the wrong idea /
We're gonna switch shoes /
We're gonna switch shoes /
Patrick ran through what he just sang and all the guys started to laugh their asses off. If Andy wasn't so high on the pedestal he probably would have fell off. 'We're gonna switch shoes, we're gonna switch shoes'.
Joe made a mental note to high five his 'girlfriend' if she ever made it back from Barcelona. It was Gin's fault the reason Patrick was singing about switching shoes. But as sad as it was no one really paid attention to it.
At the end of the night the guys said their goodbyes as the prepared for 2 last shows.
"We're gonna switch shoes, we're gonna switch shoes!" Pete sung at the top of his lungs, "I have GOT to tell Cali and Gin about that one."
"Anyone but Ginny. She won't let me live it down." Patrick said through a laugh.
As Patrick stepped on the bus there was a post-it with that familiar writing. he picked it up and read it.
DEAR PATRICK, I'M SORRIE. I HAD TO LEAVE. DON'T TRY TO REACH ME BECAUSE I'VE DONE SOMETHING AWFUL. I'M SORRIE IN ADVANCE. --- Elisa
This confused Patrick. What did Elisa possibly do that would cause him to hate her enough not to want to ever speak to her again? And so much so, that she had to leave and apologize in advance?
"Joe. I'm giving this to you. Can you ship it to the States for Geek Squad?" Patrick asked.
"Who the hell do I look like. DH fucking L? Ask Dirty." Joe concluded.
"Well your notebook's already there."
"True. What possessed us to get all the same computers?" Joe inquired.
"They're fantastic?" Andy chimed in.
"And the survey says?" Patrick asked.
"Strike!" Pete yelled.
"They were free?" Joe questioned.
"Good answer. And the survey says?"
"NUMBER 1 ANSWER!" Pete yelled ending the game.
Sign up to rate and review this story