Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Life You Created

The Visit

by Moonshyne 0 reviews

Mary visits her Aunt Brianna and finds out more than what she bargained for.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Ray Toro - Published: 2008-03-29 - Updated: 2008-03-29 - 1262 words - Complete

0Unrated
Mary’s POV

New York has been the best time of my life, but I miss my Dad so much. I hope he’s okay. I’ll text him later. I was thinking of what Kimmy said about when we go out. She’s right when we go to really crowded events he does dress like that no matter how hot it is. He says he’s adverse to cold, I wonder why that is? I can’t wait I’m going out to Long Island and surprise my Auntie Bri, last weekend she had a little fever and ended up in the emergency room. That’s why she couldn’t make my party. It’s weird they take her to the emergency room if she sneezes. I hope she’s not dying or something.

Kimmy wants me to stop by the comic place, after my visit, to meet her bosses. She gets off at six so I’m sure there’ll be plenty of time.

I took the train out here, it’s so beautiful. I got off the train, found a cab and gave him the address. I’d never been there before as Dad never ever wants to travel to New York. He says it’s too dirty and people are rude. We pulled up to a beautiful house right on the beach. It was so huge. It’s weird hanging out with all theses people who have money. Dad and I live very comfortably, but these people are dripping with money.

I knocked on the door but there was no answer, I guess I should have called first like my Dad told me. I turned the knob and it was open. I walked slowly through an entry, amazed at all the artifacts my aunt and uncle have collected. I followed the hallway straight to the kitchen that’s when I heard voices. It sounded like they were on the back deck.

“I don’t know why you keep trying Ray. He’s just going to return it just like the other birthday, Christmas, all the other presents and the monthly letters that you try to send.”

“Mary’s eighteen she has the right to know.”

“Not until Friday.”

Shit are they talking about me? Who is this guy? I hid in a corner so I could hear better and try to get a better view of the guy. I could hear better now but I couldn’t see him.

“That’s just semantics.”

“Ray I was really upset that you weren’t there for Bob and Mary. Especially since you guys were always there for each other. I bet you still are.”

“We fucked up Bri. What can I say? We have spent over seventeen years trying to apologize. We have written letters, made public apologies and pleadings. He just doesn’t acknowledge our existence.”

“You’ll know where he’ll be Friday and the time.”

“We can’t that day.”

“What can I tell you Ray.”

“I have to go. Just let me know when he returns it.”

“Ray just so you know. I agree with you, she needs to know.”

Next thing I hear was a car door slamming. I came out of my hiding place, Brianna nearly walked into me.

“Sweetie what are you doing here?”

“I wanted to surprise you, who was that man?”

“Nobody. I’m sorry I missed your birthday party.”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“How come you need to go to the hospital when you get a slight fever? Are you dying?”

Brianna could see her niece was physically upset, “Oh sweetie no. When I was around Kimmy’s age I had a heart and lung transplant. They just want to make sure I fight off whatever infection I have properly.”

“What?”

My aunt told me her story about the Amazon and how my mom was there to help her out. But I couldn’t help feeling that she was leaving something out, something important. I long forgot about the man who came to visit. Until I saw a card, a letter and a box all addressed to Mary, me. I snuck the letter into my purse just because I thought maybe it was the least likely to be missed.

I took out my sidekick and noticed that I had shut it off. There were thirteen messages from Kimmy. No wonder it was seven o’clock. I was an hour late and I hadn’t even left Long Island yet. Bri gave me a ride to Kimmy’s apartment. It was a penthouse overlooking the city. It had a beautiful view of the September 11th memorial, a reminder of the saddest day in our country’s history.

When I walked in Kimmy was at the door tapping her foot aggravated. “You missed dinner. The guys really wanted to take us out. And Gee’s son Michael was there. God that boy is beautiful.”

“Boys aren’t beautiful.”

“He is. It was so much fun especially after his cousin Donny came.”

“I’m sorry. Will they be there Friday night?”

“Michael definitely will be and Donny said said he would. At
least I hope.”

“Someone has a crush.”

“Why the hell not he’s just so adorable and funny.”

“What about the other kid, the beautiful one.”

“He’s a whore. Picks up girls makes them fall for him and then dumps them.”

“Charming.”

“So what took you so long?

“Did you know that your dad and my mom dated?”

“No, you’re kidding?”

“For a couple of years, I think.”

“What happened?”

“He remet your mom and my mom met my dad. She saved him. His car broke down and he went to get help and got lost. Then he tripped over a branch and fell unconscious, that’s when our parents found him.”

“That sounds so weird, like we really are sisters.”

“That’s not the only thing. My aunt Bri had a heart and lung transplant and your father helped in the operation. He was my aunt’s doctor, that’s how he met my mom.”

“That is so romantic.”

“Yeah.”

Kimmy and I stayed up talking about the days events, save for one, the man at my aunt’s house. We said good night as she had to work in the morning at Ralph’s. Then she and I are going shopping for my birthday outfit. I want to blow everybody’s mind at the club out, which might be an impossible task standing next to Kimmy. Did I say how beautiful she was? Everywhere we go heads turn. She’s of Hispanic decent and she has long black hair, big dark eyes, and a gorgeous body to boot. I don’t consider myself average in the looks range, it’s just next to Kimmy we’re all dull. But I’m going to find one killer outfit that certainly will make heads turn.

As I lay in bed thinking about the days event I made a decision. If my dad didn’t want me to know who Ray was then he had a great reason. What bothers me is my dad never told me about this. He tells me everything, doesn’t he? Maybe Ray was the one that hit my mother? He said he and someone else have been trying to apologize for over seventeen years, and I had the right to know. Well now I know Ray, and if I ever hear your voice again, believe me, you’ll get what you deserve.
Sign up to rate and review this story