Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Life You Created

The New Drummer

by Moonshyne 0 reviews

MCR breaks in their drummer.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-03-30 - Updated: 2008-03-31 - 1240 words - Complete

0Unrated
Third Person POV

Mary checked herself out in the mirror one last time. She decided to wear her hair in an upsweep. She wore a cropped white laced tube top that was laced up in front revealing more than just cleavage. She loosened the laces just enough to show part of her breasts. She wore a cropped unbuttoned black jean jacket that was just as short as her top, ultra low rise jeans and black stiletto heels. Satisfied she grabbed a smaller black purse and started to transfer things from her regular purse. It was then that she noticed the letter from Ray. She was about to open it when Kimmy called. She placed it back in her purse and went out to the living room.

“Wow look at you. Your father would be dead and buried if he saw you in that outfit.”

Mary looked down and Kimmy realized what she said, “I’m sorry I shouldn’t have said that, especially today.”

“You’re right though he wouldn’t be happy at all.”

“C’mon let’s go.”

At Maxwell’s Thursday had just taken the stage. The place was packed there was a good mix to the ages. The band was sitting in the back waiting for their turn. Gerard turned to Michael.

“You nervous?”

“A bit. What if they don’t like me.”

“Then we’ll beat the shit out of them,” smiled Frank.

“I mean Bob was good really good. What if I mess up?”

Ray smiled, “You don’t think Bob ever messed up?”

“We’d get off stage and he would start swearing because he messed up. None of us even knew it. Then so he would feel better he would ask us if we some stick trick he did. We never did but said we did to appease him,” laughed Mikey.

“Remember the night he fucked up because he was watching the lighters during “I Don’t Love You”,” smiled Gerard.

“Or the night Sam showed up at The Metro. The only time he ever stopped playing in the middle of a show,” sighed Ray. “I hope he’s okay. I lit a candle today.”

“So did I,” said Frank.

“Who’s Sam?” asked Michael

“Never mind, it’s along painful story,” answered Gerard.

“Let’s go out and see Thursday.”

Micheal’s POV

I went out and with Dad, his Uncle Mikey and my pseudo uncles. When I got close to the stage I could hear the cat calls that could only mean one thing, Kimmy was there. Why someone like her worked in the comic book industry was beyond me? She belonged in a comic book gorgeous body, face, winning personality and she was smart. The only problem with her was she hated me. When she first started working for my dad and Frankie a friend of hers liked me. So to be a nice guy and earn brownie points with Kimmy I took her out. It ended up being my worst nightmare. At the end of the date, I gave her a peck on the cheek and thanked her for the nice time. She asked if we could go out again and I was honest. I really was into Kimmy, fuck who wouldn’t be. The next thing I know Kimmy is yelling and screaming at me calling me an asshole. The chick told her I slept with her and then told her I got what I wanted and didn’t want to ever see her again. Honestly I did like the girl but nothing more than a friend. What’s so ironic, I’ve been intimate with only three girls in my life.

I decided to go outside and have a smoke before we had to setup. When I got out there, I saw this beautiful girl crying. She was wearing a black jacket and jeans and this white piece of material barely covering her breasts. Not that I minded really.

“Are you okay?”

She shook her head no.

I lifted her chin and looked into the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen. The weird thing is that they seemed familiar.

“What’s the matter?”

“You wouldn’t understand.”

“Probably not, but I have two ears. At least last time I checked. Unless my left one wondered off again? Is it still there?”

She smiled at me, I just wanted to hold her and take all her pain away. I put my hands over my ears, “They’re still here.”

“I don’t even know you.”

“Sometimes strangers are the most objective. Why do you think so many people write to advice columnist?”

“Today’s the anniversary of my mom’s death and I’m worried about my dad. It’s the first time he’s been alone on this day.”

“Wow. I’m sorry. Were you two close?”

“I never knew her she died shortly after I was born. She was hit by some guy named Ray. My father hasn’t talked to him since.”

“I don’t blame him. What an asshole. This might seem like a pick-up line but you have the most incredible blue eyes.”

She looked down and said “Thank you. So do you.”

“My eyes aren’t blue.”

“I know but they are incredible.”

“It’s official we now have two members for The Incredible Eyes Club. So where’s your boyfriend?”

“That was two months crying cession.”

Yesss. She’s free.

“So you live around here?”

“No, California.”

“So what brings you out here?”

“My dad let me come out here for my eighteenth birthday.”

“Been out here for three years?”

“I just got here Sunday. Why would you think… You’re not going to tell are you?”

I winked at her, “Your secrets safe with me.”

She smiled again. She has the most enchanting smile. I really, really like this girl. What the hell, long distance relationship here I come. Just then Donny and Frankie walked by. Donny tapped his watch twice. I looked at the time. Shit I needed to get in there Thursday was about to finish their set.

“I need to go in, but I definitely will see you later, okay.”

I decide to give her a kiss on the cheek.

Mary’s POV

What am I doing? He lives here and I live out in California. I’m only here for another three weeks.

I should be going in myself. I wonder if Kimmy is the least bit worried about me? I started to walk back in and almost slammed into Kimmy.

“Are you okay? I came out from the bathroom and you were gone. I was looking for you to introduce you to my bosses. They’ve been texting and e-mailing with your dad all week. They absolutely loved dealing with him. They were worried that they hadn’t heard from him today. I told them it was the anniversary of your mother’s death. They pretty much understood, but they really want to meet you after the show.”

I thought to myself what the heck they’re giving my dad a job.

We went in and I stood their in shock. The guy that was talking to me was none other the drummer for Kimmy’s bosses’ band. I leaned over to Kimmy.

“Who’s the drummer?”

“That is Micheal Donald Way.”

Of course I would like him, I only fall for losers.
Sign up to rate and review this story