Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Fire and Ice

The Sibling and Explaining Some Things

by Fireflashphoenix 1 review

When her parents become Death Eaters, Blaise Zabini (femaleblaise) runs away from home to avoid that fate, running to her headmaster for help, she is sent to the one place that is better protected ...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Blaise Zabini, Harry - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2005-05-10 - Updated: 2005-05-10 - 1841 words

1Original
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any of the characters attached.

A/N: the name of Harry's sister may get confusing so she's called Kelly up to a certain point, then Rose.

In this chapter I have modified the levitation charm because the 'Wingardium' only applies to a feather, the reason the charm worked on the troll club is because Ron had enough willpower to make it do what he wanted it to do. Magic is not words but will, I have edited this because I believe that Harry would have learnt enough of the rules of magic (from Hermione) to know that changing the word will help him concentrate his will on the spell

Chapter 5: The Sibling And Explaining Some Things.

Kelly was sat in the living room's bay window at number 7 Phoenix Crescent, it was a nice house, it was a large 2 storey house, four windows on the first floor, with two bay windows on the ground floor, she wasn't sure if she could call it her home anymore, she wasn't even sure if she could call her parents 'Mum' and 'Dad' any more. To put it simply she was confused.

She was confused because last night an owl, yes an owl flew into her bedroom and gave her a letter; she had reread that letter several times, just like she was now,

Dear Kelly,
Hi, my name's Harry Potter, I just wrote to let you know that I'd like to meet you tomorrow around 11 AM, at yours (I have a friend and two guards coming with me too); I'd like to talk to you and your parents about a Rose Lily Potter, my sister, I only just discovered that I even had a sister today, and I have reason to believe that you may be her, I know your name's Kelly, but ask your parents if you are adopted, because our parents were murdered when I was 15 months old, you were around 7 weeks old, while I was sent to our aunt's house to live, you were sent to an orphanage. She was six months old when she was adopted by a Cynthia and John Phillipson.

Thank you for your time, everything will be explained when I'm there.

Sincerely.

Harry James Potter.

P.S. Please look after Hedwig till tomorrow; she likes bacon rind and toast, thanks.


She had of course asked her parents about being adopted, they had reluctantly admitted that Cynthia - her mum, couldn't have children, so they had adopted her, they also pointed out that they didn't want her to find out like that.

They didn't know about her real name though.

So here she was, waiting for a boy who claims to be her brother, lost in thoughts like, he'd better not be spoilt, if he had guards then he probably was. Why were we separated, can he tell me why strange things always happen around me? Her thoughts were cut off as the doorbell rang.

Looking out the window he spotted four people, the first one was around 50-years old, he looked worn and wore what looked like little more than rags, even though he looked like he had been dragged of the street, he appeared to have a calm, gentle personality.
The second person looked around 19; she wore brightly coloured, almost florescent clothes and had neon-green hair, she appeared as if she was trying to be very careful...and failing miserably.

The third person was a stunningly beautiful young 16-year old girl; she appeared to be quite aloof and had an emotionless mask on her face.

The last person must be her brother; she could see from here that he had her piercing green eyes, eyes that appeared dull with grief, a look that was mirrored by the old man's eyes, her brother looked around 16, but he held himself as though he carried the weight of the world on his shoulders.

As she watched, waiting while her 'Mum' answered the door, she saw the girls expression soften as she watched Harry's nervous fidgeting, she appeared to have a look of deep affection in her eyes as she took his hand, squeezing it in what appeared to be a comforting way.

As her 'Mum' opened the door she moved closer too hear what was going on, stepping into the hall and standing several feet behind her 'Mother'.

"Hello, you must be Harry, and these your guards and friend, right?"

"Yeah, hello Mrs. Phillipson, this is my friend-" he began, but was cut off by the snobby girl.

"Girlfriend."

"Fine, I just didn't know whether or not you wanted to be introduced as my girlfriend yet," he said to the girl before continuing. "This is my girlfriend, Blaise." He indicated the girl, who had now appeared smug and even more aloof, if possible. "This is Tonks." He said indicating the older girl. "And this is Remus." He said indicating the old man. "Tonks and Remus are my guards." He said, sounding indignant at the thought of needing guards.

'At least he doesn't like having guards, and he doesn't look spoilt.' Kelly thought.

"Harry, you know why Dumbledore wanted a guard with you at all times, I'm not on duty today, full moon in two days you see." he said rather cryptically.

"You're the guards?" Kelly said, shocked at their appearance. "When the letter said guards, I was imagining big men in suits and those cool shades that you can only see through one way, not a teenage girl and an old man, why do you need guards anyway?"

"Hey, I'm not old!" Remus said indignantly. "I'm 35." He finished, while Harry snorted.

"Your not 35, if you were then mum was 19 when she had me, and I know for a fact that she was 24."

"Fine, I'm 40, that's not old, Albus is over 150! I'm a baby compared to that."

"I suppose, if you say so...old man." Harry said with a mischievous grin on his face, a grin Kelly knew all too well, it was the grin she got on her face when she was waiting for a prank on someone to begin. Then Harry turned his attention back to Kelly. "I can't say why I need a guard out here."

Getting the hint she let him in and showed him to the sitting room. "Make yourself at home."

"I'd rather not, too much like ho...were I used to live." Blaise spoke for the first time, sadness in her voice.

"What do you mean?" Kelly asked curious.

"Harry's guards are, for now at least, my guards, I was forced to run away from home because my parents became Death Eaters, and wanted me to be become one, it goes against my personal beliefs, so I ran to avoid that fate." Blaise explained, emotionless mask firmly in place. Although Harry seemed to be able to read her emotions, despite the mask, as he put his arm around her shoulders comfortingly, guiding her to the sofa were he sat down, Kelly sat in the chair to their right, Tonks and Remus sat opposite her in the bay window, while her parents sat on the other sofa opposite Harry and Blaise

"Er...what are Death Eaters?" Kelly's 'Mum' asked.

"Well, where to start? the beginning I suppose, always a good place to start." Harry began while Blaise leaned over to the other two and whispered to them, just loud enough for them all to hear.

"He's beginning to sound like Dumbledore."

"Okay Kelly, do you believe in magic?" Harry asked while shooting a mock glare at Blaise.

"No, why should I? I mean there's no proof is there?" she asked confused.

"Well explain this." he said as he pulled a wooden stick out of his pocket, waving it in a simple movement that appeared to be a swish, then a flick, finishing as it pointed at the coffee table in the centre of the room, the movement was accompanied by a, "Tavola Leviosa."

The table Harry was pointing at floated up to about 3 feet off the ground before Harry guided it down to the floor.

"That was a simple levitation charm, this," he said as he passed her the stick. "Is a wand, I am a wizard, you, Tonks and Blaise, are all witches."

"Why didn't you mention Remus as a wizard? How can you prove that I'm a witch, how do I know this is not some joke?" she asked, taking the wand.

"Remus isn't a wizard, he suffers from lycanthropy, in other words he's a werewolf, don't panic, he only becomes a cute fluffy animal on full moons. Now to prove that you're a witch I want you to point the wand at me and say 'stupefy' while thinking about knocking me out, oh, 'cause its not your wand, you'll have to put more concentration into it." Harry said, bracing for the hit.

"Stupefy." She said, feeling a little stupid, but doing as he said nonetheless, but she was soon shocked as a red light shot out of the wand and hit Harry in the chest, he promptly slumped sideways so his head was resting on Blaise's lap.

"Just to prove that he isn't faking..." Blaise said leaning down and kissed him on the lips for several seconds. "See, totally unconscious."

At that, Tonks walked over, pulled out a wand and waving it over Harry she said, "Enervate." That woke him up instantly.

"Blaise did you just kiss me?" he asked with his brow furrowed, but instead of waiting for an answer, he turned to Kelly and passed her a roll of what appeared to be parchment. "That is a basic readout of information I got from the Potter family vault in Gringotts - the wizarding bank, I'll understand if you want to stay away from the wizarding world since you have been away for so long, but if you want to learn more magic, I can get the headmaster of the biggest, best and safest magic school in Europe, and the only one in Britain to let you study magic there, he owes me one after lying to me for so long." he said with a scowl.

"Of course I want to study magic!!! and I'd like to be called Rose, I like that name a lot." She said.

"Okay Rose, you'll be a fourth year, as you birthday is after September 1st." he began but was cut off by Tonks.

"What about the first three years?"

"Simple, we use a nice little family heirloom I found yesterday." he said matter-of-factly.

"Of course, 'the ravens ring', I forgot about that, anyway, I think we had better get Rose up to speed on the goings on in the wizarding world, including your part in what's gone on so far." Remus said.

"Okay, I guess I'd better start from the beginning again, about 69-70 years ago a boy called Tom Riddle was born..." Harry said, beginning the tale that lasted for two hours, although he left out certain details, like the prophecy, she didn't need to know that yet.
Sign up to rate and review this story