Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Terra

Terra

by BrokenSoul 0 reviews

I'm not sure how to summarize this, but.....its about Naruto who finds himself feeling different than his usual self but what is causing this change? Is it Kyuubi? Or is it...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2008-03-20 - Updated: 2008-03-21 - 1298 words

0Unrated
A/N This is my first story so it has a higher chance of not being very good. Sometimes I tend to get lost while writing my story...anyway, here goes nothing.
Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters, I just own the scenario and story.

His lips parted confidently and repeated the word 'wow' once more as though it was all that kept him alive. It was starting to get annoying, yet the blonde forced himself to deal with it and continue his jutsu. It was for a good cause, after all. He had no exact reason for why he felt like doing this other than that it would make the people of Konoha maybe look at him as more than just a Jinchuuriki of the Kyuubi, but there are numerous amounts of things in the boy's life that could fall into the category of purposeless if not strongly supported by the tainted child.
"Ah."
Naruto flared his chakra a little to make up for the weak job he was doing, seeing as he was nearly lost in thought of his potential purpose of said jutsu. Now he only had about an hour left, if he can only hold out for that much longer, it will be perfect...no... it will be a masterpiece. About a mile outside of the Konoha boundaries, yet still safe from any chance of approaching enemies, Naruto stood in the middle of a rather deserted stretch of land covered in dirt with a few splashes of grass here and there. Maybe one hundred yards away, the blonde's best friend sat leaning against a rock, observing the activities going on with a physique of mild interest.
"Wow."
If anyone else was nearby, they probably would've been able to hear the distinct snapping of Naruto's patience.
"Sasuke, teme!" yelled Naruto while turning his concentration to the stoic raven-haired Uchiha. A small smile threatened his lips, but he held it back in order the maintain the 'part.' Forcing his expression to the most clueless he could muster without seeming to be normal in the social aspect of life, he led the blonde on with his act.
"I don't see what you're talking about, dobe-chan."
At this Naruto let his hands down from the seal and paused the jutsu to what he thought was further explaining to the raven. Sure Naruto was upset about having to pause the jutsu, but arguing with Sasuke could never wait...either that or Naruto just can't contain himself. To Sasuke and most others of Konoha Village, it is the latter. But then, it clicked in the blonde's brain what the Uchiha had just called him..dobe-/chan/??
"Oi, Sasuke. Don't add 'chan' to dobe!" Naruto said with his teeth barred, "If you're going to call me dobe, don't add cute little honorifics like that!"
By now Naruto was on his feet, pointing straight at Sasuke and yelling. The annoyingly stubborn raven just did not see when was the right time to end.
"So," Sasuke continued, daringly, "you get mad when I call you dobe-chan..."
Naruto narrowed his eyes slightly and turned his head slightly sideways, a bead of sweat running down the side of his face from the extremities of the jutsu and the hot summer sun.
"And I thought we were rivals.." Sasuke said in a voice that absolutely did not match what kind of tone that should've been used there, "but I guess that means you don't want to be rivals."
Eyes widening in shock and mouth hanging open slightly, the blonde was slightly caught off gaurd...what was Sasuke talking about? He's really got to be kidding-
"Naruto, Sasuke-kun," said a tranquil voice intruded.
"Nani? Sai, what are you doing here?" Naruto asked surreptitiously. Sai stood in the space that separated the two other Shinobi and turned to face Naruto as soon as he was called upon.
"I just came to see how it was going...was I mistaken to do so?" Sai asked apprehensively.
"Ieie," Naruto reassured, shaking his head, "I just was curious how you knew where I was."
Sai put on another one of his fake smiles which everyone had gotten used to by now, but still irritated the crap out of Sasuke.
"Godaime-dono told me," he explained.
Closing his eyes and frowning, the raven added, "But it doesn't mean you have to come out here and find us, does it?"
Naruto frowned at this but Sai just smiled again.
"Two dobes," Sasuke said coldly.
Sighing from the constant calling of Sasuke that name, Naruto just shook it off and jumped over to where Sai was, figuring he needed a break anyway and maybe his team mate would be a good excuse.
"Don't let it bother you, Naruto," Sai stated, "I bet his pe-"
"Its okay, Sai," Naruto said, his back to both of his team mates, "One day I'll beat that teme."
"Oi, jotomatte-nasai!" The raven's low voice cried out as he jumped using his chakra to catch up to his two departing comrades. Landing in front of the both of them, Naruto could tell that his friend was stirred up even if he was trying his best to hold it back.
"What do you want?" Naruto said while giving him his infamous frown.
"Now Sasuke-kun, don't you think you're being selfi-"
"Uruusai," the Uchiha said with all the anger he could muster, "I was talking to Naruto, and besides, Sai, I hate you."
The ANBU merely looked slightly put-out at the raven's words.
"Come on, Naruto," Sai tried, while fake-smiling, "I'll buy you some ramen at Ichiraku."
Sasuke narrowed his eyes,"Naruto, if you don't go with Sai, we can train together."
Naruto who was in mid-step about to go to get his free ramen, stopped and turned around at the Uchiha's proposition.
"Which will it be, Naruto-otouto," Sasuke said menacingly.
It seems Sasuke-kun is challenging our friendship, Sai thought.
"Ramen or training?" Naruto said aloud, "Ramen or training? How the hell am I supposed to decide!"
"Its okay, Naruto," Sai said with a tone of unruffled thoughts, "You can go with Sasuke if you prefer...I know that you see him as a brother and I'm just alone because my brother is dead."
This did not settle well with Sasuke. Sai was trying to make him fee guilty. As the dobe was trying to answer, Sasuke cut him off while slightly raising his voice adding a sense of sharpness to it.
"Otouto, I really don't want to force anything on you. If you want to train with me, I want you to come because you want to. Go have some raamen with your new best friend. Maybe I'll find someone better to hang out with."
"S-Sasuke," the blonde said in shock. Since when had Sasuke been so nice and mean at the same time?
Smirking, Sasuke thought how no one could possibly say no to him now. Even if it was Naruto who could be such a baka sometimes.
"NARUTO-KUN!" The pink-haired Kunoichi yelled at the kyuubi boy.
"Ah, Sakura-chan!" Naruto responded, looking over to where she stood and running to greet her."Sorry, Sasuke, Sai, but I promised to meet Sakura-chan at 1:00 so I'll train and eat ramen with you two later."
And then Naruto was gone. A twitch repeatedly attacked Sasuke's eye and Sai just smiled almost eerily again.
"He said my name before yours," crooned Sasuke angrily as if proving a point.


SECOND A/N: I forgot to include this in the first author's note, but this takes place in an alternate universe where Naruto stopped Sasuke from seeking Orocchimaru but Sasuke still got really powerful and so did Naruto and everyone else and for some reason Sai and Yamato-taichou are part of team 7 too. ^^
Sign up to rate and review this story