Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Terra

So it really begins...

by BrokenSoul 0 reviews

So, team kakashi is off on a mission...and naruto starts to feel different than he ever has before. so you know this series will have a point where you're suddenly shocked by something, so watch out

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Kakashi,Naruto,Sakura,Sasuke,Tsunade - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-03-30 - Updated: 2008-03-30 - 2537 words

0Unrated
A/N: Okay, so I’m writing chapter two. This chapter will be much longer than the first; the first was sort of like a tester to start the story. Something else you need to know is everyone is 18 years old.


Disclaimer: I own none of the characters from Naruto. I do not claim to own any of the ideas or copywrited material found in this story, I merely own the scenario.





“Ne, ne, Sakura-chan,” Naruto said, interrupting the silence to bring up a point. He and the kunoichi were walking through the streets of Konoha, merely enjoying one another’s company. The pink-haired young woman looked up at her friend, indicating her attention was drawn.

“What is it, Naruto?” She droned lazily, “Don’t tell me you want me to pay for something for you or s-“

“Ieie, nothing like that, Sakura-chan, I just wanted to talk to you about something…but I don’t know how to start talking about it,” the blonde explained.
Sakura nodded as if to say that she understood his situation.

“You know Naruto, we’ve been friends for…hmm…six years is it? Well, the point is, you can just tell me because whatever it is, I’m sure its not something that could upset me or make me tease you.”
Naruto smiled warmly walked into a restaurant and Sakura fallowed, assuming that Naruto more than likely needed a bit of time to say what he was going to say and ordering some dango could very well calm his nerves. The two ninja didn’t even need to exchange words to get this across, they simply made eye contact and order some of the delicious dumpling served at this particular store.
Not long after, the dango was served and after Naruto was done with his and Sakura only had about three remaining, Naruto looked up with a serious expression on his face reflecting that whatever was on his mind, would be told now.

“Sakura,” the blonde started and Sakura noticed that he didn’t add an honorific signifying that he wasn’t feeling as bouncy and carefree as he often was, “I…well…I think there’s something wrong with me.”
Naruto was looking down at the table, twiddling, and twisting his hands in his lap.
This is definitely not like Naruto to be so uneasy Sakura thought.

“Anosa…Sakura, remember when we first met Kakashi-sensei and you, Sasuke and I became team seven? And then, Kakashi-sensei made us do introductions?”

“Naruto,” Sakura interrupted abruptly, “Get on with it, I’m getting impatient.
Chuckling slightly, the blonde continued his story, but spoke much quicker, “Well for almost every answer I said cup ramen and then there was you Sakura who couldn’t answer entirely because everyone of your answers had to do with Sasuke and lastly there was Sasuke who’s only thought was revenge. When I think back to that time, all of our answers seem so foolish and even when I was sixteen I still might’ve answered cup ramen, but now…I have this strange feeling that I would answer by saying that…”
Sakura now was intently staring at her teammate, waiting for what he was about to reveal. Suddenly he stood up and ran out of the shop. Sakura was so surprised, all she could do was stare at the spot in which he had been sitting. Naruto’s voice echoed from the streets as he yelled, “Thanks for talking with me and eating dango, Sakura-chan, see you later.
On the outside she was smiling, but inside her brain was wracking her mind for any change she might have been able to see in Naruto that could have caused this sudden urge to tell her something, then not be able to get it out.

“Haruno-san, the bill,” a thin old lady who worked at the shop inquired, gesturing in encouragement toward the slip of paper.

“Nani? How could it possibly be this much?” Sakura practically yelled, making customers stare at her.

The old lady bowed, “It seemed that Naruto-san ordered something to go which took up most of the cost…”
Naruto Sakura thought angrily while grinding her teeth. This meant another part-time
job for the Godaime again…either that or…

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^



“Come in,” Tsunade curtly said in response to Sakura’s chakra that echoed outside the door to her office.

“Master,” Sakura inquired while stepping inside and closing the door behind her, “I have a request to make.”
The Godaime looked up from her mountain of paper work that she was currently scribbling away at. Standing up and walking towards the window with her arms clasped behind her back, Tsunade responded to her apprentice that she could hardly refer to Sakura as anymore.

“Whatever brings you here so late at night, knowing me, I assume its something important.”

For a moment, Sakura paused. Would her master consider this as important as she did? From past experiences, the kunoichi knew that Tsunade had always expressed concern for Naruto, especially with the Akatsuki always after him, but this wasn’t that kind of concern. And she wasn’t even sure if something like this even could help her friend in the way she hoped it would.

“Whatever it is, do tell, its not as if I have all the time in the world to finish certain paper work,” Tsunade insisted, interrupting Sakura’s thought process.

“Master, I feel that we, meaning team seven, needs to-“


“We’re going on a mission?” Naruto asked in clear surprise.
“Yes,” replied Sai, “Sakura told Sasuke-kun and I this morning. Yamato-taichou isn’t coming, but Kakashi-senpai and everyone else is.”
“Cool…I guess. So when are we going?”
Sai looked a bit uncertain about what he was saying, “Tonight…but you’ll need to bring enough supplies for a long period of time. We don’t know how long its going to take.”
“Hai.”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Naruto packed everything he would need and then sat on his bed with his pack laying on the floor. He had done everything he could to be prepared…he’d even restocked his ningu, the one thing Naruto couldn’t decide on, however, was whether or not he was going to tell Sakura and the rest of team seven that he didn’t really feel up to going on a mission. There was one hour left before Naruto would have to meet his team at the entrance of Konoha to embark on a mission that required everyone to prevent a well-known thief from stealing something in which the thief is more than likely to steal.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*

He looked to his right and saw Kakashi-sensei, Sai, and lastly Sakura. But where was Naruto? It was not like the blonde to be late and now he was by at least ten minutes. The team was already nervous about going on a mission after so long of a time lapse between their last and the usually punctual (about missions anyway) member wasn’t on time…the tension hung in the air like wet sheets.

“Kakashi-sensei,” Sasuke said, breaking the silence, “Perhaps I should go and-“

“Ie, Sasuke, I believe that Naruto will come,” he replied. Sai smiled at this and Sakura frowned. Team seven really was a messed up team…/And its all because of me/ thought Sasuke. If I had never tried to find Orochimaru-teme, Naruto would have never had such a messed up life.

“Oi, oi! Sorry that I’m late,” a familiar voice called to the group of ninja. Naruto jumped down from the archway that hung above the village gate and landed silently on his knees. Sasuke heard Sakura let out an audible sigh. So he wasn’t the only one concerned about Naruto. The fact their team was going on a mission could even be because of Sakura’s concern. Sasuke’s glance went to Sai. Did the ANBU even care about the blonde? It certainly didn’t seem like Sai even cared what happened to Naruto or the rest of the team in fact.

“It’s okay,” Kakashi murmered, “We weren’t waiting that long.” Everyone silently glanced at Kakashi as though he was announcing some grave news. “But that doesn’t mean we can waste anymore time, come on.”
Everyone took off running in the direction of the hidden village of the sand. Apparently, the sand had an ancient relic of the desert called the Awaikani heirloom. This heirloom was found very recently and a group of well-known ninja-thieves were threatening to steal it. Normally Konoha would send a weaker team out to the job, but currently there’d been many missions lately and this was meant to be an easy one for team seven.
The cool night air brushed past Sai making him too cold for comfort. Especially since his constantly showing midriff was damp from sweat earlier that day. He shivered visibly but continued to jump through the trees. Naruto who had noticed this, quietly tapped him on he shoulder and offered the ANBU his orange and black jacket.

“Domo Arigatou, Naruto,” Sai thanked and slipped into the already warmed outerwear. Naruto just nodded and jumped ahead of the group, now wearing his black shirt normally worn underneath said jacket. The first hokage’s necklace bounced along in the wind.

“Okay, everyone,” Kakashi said, making everyone slow down to hear him, “There’s a bath house just a mile west from here. We will rest there for the night.”
Sasuke looked Kakashi straight in the eyes, “I don’t need to rest. Can’t we continue until we’re all tired?”

“No, Sasuke, we do what I say. And at the moment, resting is what I think we should do so we will. Also it will give us tome to chat about the mission.”
Sasuke frowned, but fallowed everyone in the direction toward the bathhouse. Only a few minutes later and they were all outside the bathhouse that Sai, Naruto, Sakura and Yamato had stopped at years ago. Soon after, everyone was in one of the rooms, enjoying dinner.
Sasuke was even more concerned about Naruto. Nothing goes unnoticed to the last survivor of the Uchiha clan. And Sasuke certainly did notice that Naruto had lent Sai his jacket. The first problem with that as that Sai looked ridiculous in the bright orange color and bagginess of the jacket, but that’s not really what was bothering Sasuke. Why was Naruto being so nice? If he were his usual self, he would’ve not said anything…or at the very least just encouraged his teammate.
“Ne, Sasuke-kun, are you alright?” The kunoichi asked between bites of rice from her bowl.
Just as Sasuke was about to respond to the question often ranted at him from the nerve-brushing pink-haired girl, Naruto placed his chopsticks on the rest with a clack and interrupted his answer.

“Sakura-chan, must you always ask him that?” The blonde asked, leaning back on his arms due to the lack of a back support that cushions had. “I mean, constantly asking someone that same question just will make them even worse, don’t you think? I mean, not that I know much about that kind of thing since I’m usually the annoying one, but I can see how Sasuke might feel—.”

“Naruto,” Kakashi said, looked at the boy and indicating that now would be an excellent time to stop.

“Yeah, yeah, Kakashi-sensei, but one way or another Sakura will have to learn the hard way and that is either when I tell her or when Sasuke explodes with frustration,” Naruto said, rather rudely. Sasuke’s expression was halfway to a smirk before he heard sort of a soft sobbing sound coming in the direction of the only female member of their team. Everyone fell silent. Well that is, everyone but Sai since he still had not come back from the restroom. A mild blush crept over Naruto’s face, as the only sound in the room that could be detected was the steaming of the food and the tear-shed of Sakura.

“Naruto,” Kakashi chided once more, “Go find out what is taking Sai-kun so long to return to our meal. And if anything is to happen, raise your chakra so we can find you.”
Nodding, the blonde departed, making the whole scene much less tense. Sakura looked like she was trying to recuperate, but she was having a bit of trouble. Kakashi was politely waiting and Sasuke was just emotionless. That was, until Sasuke got a great idea. Where the idea came from, well, let’s just say a certain blonde had said it multiple times to her before.

“Sakura,” the Uchiha spoke, “You always cry so easily.” Looking up at Sasuke, Sakura was surprised by the kindness in his voice but wiped away the last of the tears in her eyes and laughed. Not being able to help it, Kakashi and Sasuke laughed along with her.

“And Sakura-san, even if Naruto said something like that, knowing him, he was just speaking what he was thinking. I have the utmost confidence that he did not mean to hurt you with those words,” the copy ninja consoled. Sakura nodded once more, but then stopped as thought someone had pressed pause.
“I think Naruto is in trouble,” she stated dutifully. Yes, the flare of his usually inconceivable chakra was enough to call any ninja dogs from the surrounding forest if they were looking for him.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*


Naruto stepped out of the room and closed the door carefully. Its not as if he’d meant to upset Sakura/. /Its not even if he was acting as he usually would of/. /The words just suddenly poured out of his mouth before he could even think about their meaning/. He strode down the hallway rather slowly due to his deep thinking. /What is with me lately Naruto thought /Why do I feel so…strange/. The bathroom door was suddenly facing him and he knocked firmly on the wood of the object. Two seconds. Four seconds. Six seconds. Eight seconds. Why isn’t he answering? Naruto knocked again and waited until becoming really worried. What was one to do? Well, of course, the was option A; entering and facing whatever might be inside, option B; waiting outside until kami-sama knows when, hoping that Sai will come out or option C; going back and telling Kakashi that Sai wasn’t coming out. Option B was definitely out. Option C was tempting, but it sounded like something Sakura would do. Therefore, option A would have to do. Naruto took a step away from the door and with great speed hurtled his body forward while concentrating his chakra to effectively knock the door right off its hinges. Rushing into the room, the blonde boy found his friend………

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*^
And that’s where I end this chapter. Don’t you hate writers block?
The only good thing that comes out of it is that when its over, ideas flow through your mind and find themselves on the paper…whether cyber or tree sort of paper. Sorry I suck at writing, but you can’t improve without practice, right? Any comments or suggestions appreciated.
Sign up to rate and review this story