Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things

Hold your head high heavy heart.

by grandtheftautumn 3 reviews

A somewhat long awaited return, perhaps? This is not a picturesque score of passing fantasy, and it may possibly be Pretty Odd ... cause apparently, “No one writes songs about the ones that come ...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-03-09 - Updated: 2008-03-09 - 1841 words

0Unrated


It's been a long time coming. I planned to post this last year but I was caught up with my new story (which is on hiatus at the moment). Anyway I hope you enjoy it. I hope it's better than the last. And I hope that my sequel doesn't ruin the amazing-ness of Down The Road ... lol



Anyway ... usual disclaimers ...

I DO NOT OWN PANIC AT THE DISCO OR ANY OTHER BANDS ...

And the title of this fic is inspired by the novel by JT LeRoy.



Much love ...

Read & review!!!!!!!!!!!





***



Chapter One: Hold your head high heavy heart.



Amara's POV



I sat on my bed playing Pieces on my acoustic. Yes, I finally learnt how to play guitar thanks to Ryan ... and Brendon ... andPete. Well, when you spend day in and day out on a tour bus there's not much to do and if you don't find something to entertain yourself with other than video games, a girl can go crazy on a bus full of boys.



I've gotten pretty good if I do say so myself.



Quick recap on what's happened. The boys finished touring and have begun writing their sophomore album. It's been a memorable year between me and Ryan, and for the boys - especially for the boys. They're international, what can I say.



At this very moment I was waiting for their return. They had gone away for a week, hiding in some cabin for musical inspiration and some relaxation. And why was it I had not gone with them? The first and foremost reason was the fact that there was too much to do before a certain wedding about to be held in two weeks time.



I guess fairytales do come true, I smirked happily. However, they chose a perfect time to escape; I thought rolling my eyes with sarcasm. I have neverbeen so stressed out.



As wonderful as everything has been, don't think there weren't times we wanted to wring each others necks. It was hard at times, spending countless nights on the tour bus, living with Ryan's busy schedule yet missing him all the time. But Idealt with it. When my defer period for uni expired I decided to there was no point going back and decided to leave uni for good. Pete offered me a position with Decaydance and since then I've promoted the label, as well as the Clandestine line.



And now here I am ... I thought as I gazed at the cream and gold wedding invitation Iheld in my hand.





***



Third person POV



[Two weeks later]



"You are cordially invited to the union of two hearts,"Amara sighed blissfully as she read the cream and gold wedding invitation out loud. Lacey looked up at her beaming with radiance.



"Oh honey, don't cry. You look beautiful."



They chuckled as they gave each other a comforting embrace.



"Today's the day. It's your time to shine - are you ready?"her maid-of-honor asked.



"Thanks. Iguess. I know. Oh I don't know. I just can't believe it's the day already,"replied the bride, as she fanned her hands to her face. "I never thought when he gave me this ring that ... that ... oh maybe I'm getting cold..."



"You are not getting cold feet. In 10 minutes you'll be walking down that aisle to the man you love so much and saying your vows in front of all your family and friends," she smiled as she tried to calm the nervous bride-to-be.



She stood before the mirror in her Kenneth Pool wedding dress, taking in a sharp breath before exhaling slowly. "You're right," she beamed back.



"That's my girl!"



"You're right. I do look beautiful and I'm going to marry the love of my life," nodded the bride, and they both began to giggle.



Several moments later, Canon in D could be heard from the accompanying string quartet.

Ryan tensed as he watched Amara breeze down the aisle. He exchanged one final look with Spencer who stood by his side. Ryan was glad to see him so calm and smiling at least.



Amara gave Spencer a beaming smile as she reached the altar. She took her place and gave Ryan a small wink that made his heart flutter. The music swelled in the background, and the audience smiled at the beautiful bride-to-be.



"We are gathered here today in the eyes of God to celebrate the coming together of Spencer James Smith and Lacey Elizabeth Sawyer," spoke the reverend.



Amara felt all giddy at the reverend's words, while Ryan had feverent butterflies in the pit of his stomach. He watched Amara gaze up dreamily at the happy couple and couldn't help but smile as he watched his best friend get married. He was honored that Spencer chose him to be his best man, and was trying his best not to ruin the wedding by fainting between vows. Behind him stood Brendon and Jon, who were of course the remaining groomsmen. He could hear their incessant muttering about who got dibs on Lacey's remaining bridesmaid, Lily and Lucy. Ryan could not see why they were debating this seeing as Lacey's sisters were identical twins. He nudged Brendon as subtly as possible and they returned their attention to the ceremony.



"I, Spencer James Smith, take you, Lacey Elizabeth Sawyer, for my lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do us part."



"I, Lacey Elizabeth Sawyer, take you, Spencer James Smith, for my lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do us part."



*


The bridal party and newly weds finished taking photographs at Sunset Park, and were now making their way to the Las Vegas Four Seasons for the reception.



"Let's give a warm welcome to the new Mr. and Mrs. Spencer Smith," announced the MC.



A deafening applause filled the air as they entered two by two, then taking their places at the bridal table. The function room was adorned with elaborate floral centrepieces of cream and gold. It was everything Lacey had ever wanted and she was thankful for her Maid of Honour.



"Oh my lord ... look at the flowers ... the whole thing! Amara, this is even more beautiful than I had imagined. Thank you so much for helping out honey, I love you,"gushed Lacey.



After all the courses were over it was time for the speeches. Brendon watched as Ryan stood up timidly, readying himself to give the best man speech. He remembered how confident Ryan seemed when they first met, and then he became shy as they grew famous. However, since he's been with Amara, it feels like they were getting the old Ryan back, but even more happy and confident. Brendon tried to focus on Ryan's words but the weight he currently carried on his chest was hovering over his mind.



He recalled that night, walking in on aseemingly innocent scene, until his eyes laid upon the empty prescription bottle that lay on the coffee table, while a lone person laid eerily still on the lounge.



What have you done?/ He thought. Please be okay. /



"Wake up, wake up please," begged Brendon as he shook the unconscious figure. "Come on!"



The sleeping figure stirred and Brendon sighed with relief as their brown eyes fluttered open. He didn't think he'd be able to handle bringing them back to the emergency room once again.



"How much did you take?"

"Only acouple..."



"You could have O.D!"



"You're one of my best friends, Bren. Please don't tell anyone, especially ... you know. I don't want them to worry more than they already are. It won't happen again, Ipromise."



He agreed reluctantly to keep this to himself and the next second they had fallen asleep again. He wasn't quite sure what else to do but pull a blanket over their shivering body. He walked out of the room, but not before giving them one last longing and mournful sigh.



The next thing he knew, Amara had finished her speech and Spencer and Lacey were making their way to the floor for their first dance. Eventually Amara and Ryan followed suit. Brendon took this as his cue and made his way over to Lily to ask for adance, but Jon beat him to it. It didn't matter much to him though, because he only had eyes for someone else.



I'm happy for my best mates, I'm happy for them, Brendon thought to himself.



An hour later or so, the cake had been cut and passed around. Now if only I could have my cake and eat it too, thought Brendon. He then shook his head wondering why that random notion crossed his mind.



He watched from the sidelines as a large group formed in the middle of the dance floor. Brendon noticed that they were all women, each of them looking rather desperate, and realised it must be time for the bouquet.



Lacey positioned herself infront of the squealing horde and threw a small bouquet behind her. It soared to the side overshooting the mob of desperate women and landed daintily in Lily's arms.



"The bride would like to give her bouquet to her maid of honour, her closest friend, Amara James," announced the MC.



He watched the two girls embrace and hold back their tears of happiness. The diamond wedding ring glistened brilliantly under the lights while the piece of white gold that made home on Amara's left ring finger shone just as bright.



"Gorgeous, isn't she?" said a familiar voice.



Brendon pried his eyes away from them and realised it was Jeremy Matthews. His brow furrowed slightly at the sight of his manager, as if to ask whom exactly he was referring to.



"Any new bride, of course, is beautiful on her wedding day," he continued, and Brendon nodded awkwardly in agreement.



"Amara's been positively glowing lately," commented Jeremy, changing the subject.



"Yeah... she's a keeper. I haven't seen Ryan this happy in a long time," replied Brendon.



"Happy aye... you sure about that? How have they been coping after what happened last year?"



"Yeah, they've been good. Like, Amara had trouble sleeping at night for a bit but its all behind us now."



"What about you Brendon are you happy? You could have any woman in the country... even the world!"

"Nah... I'm good with the single life," Brendon chuckled, sadly.



"Yeah, you're right... women are just trouble. Nothing good comes out of a relationship. Anyway, so how's that new record coming along...?" pried Jeremy.



Brendon shrugged his reply. "It's going great," he muttered disbelievingly. Spencer was getting ready for the garter throw, but Brendon wasn't up for it. He grabbed anearby open champagne bottle and walked out onto the balcony.



*
So do I still have it? whatever 'it' is ... lol

Btw ... clearly the manager I am using in this fanfic is completely fiction.

Please review guys =] it would mean so much ^____^
Sign up to rate and review this story