Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things

Make it count when I'm the one who's selling you out.

by grandtheftautumn 1 review

chapter 2... sorry for the wait

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-03-31 - Updated: 2008-03-31 - 1105 words

0Unrated




Filler-ish chapter. Sorry it took so long.

ENJOY!



***

Chapter 2 - Make it count when I'm the one who's selling you out.



[WEEKS LATER]



Ryan's POV



"Hey, you seem familiar. Have I met you before?"



"Yeh, I was one of your dancers at the VMAs. I'm Keltie,"she smiled.



"I remember now. I'm Ryan," I blushed back. She was quite pretty ... very pretty actually, but nothing compared to Amara.



I miss her. Where is she?



I snapped out of my daze and realized Keltie was much closer than she had been a second ago. My body suddenly tightened as she placed each of her hands on my upper arms. They made their way up to my shoulders, her face now only inches away from mine.



"Uhhh," I faltered. I felt such a strong pull towards her as if I was under a spell. Our lips were so close, only inches from contact. Amara was fading into the back of my mind when her piercing scream suddenly filled the room.



My eyes opened in a flutter, as I bolted up in bed. Beside me sat Amara, her body drenched in a cold sweat, as she stared at her shaking hands.



"What! What's wrong? Did I do something?" I spluttered in confusion. I then realised it had all been a dream, a very strange and realistic dream.



"No, no. I'm sorry Ry. I didn't mean to wake you. It was just a bad dream. Go back to bed," she said in a monotone whisper.



"No, it's alright. I'm wide-awake anyway. Are you okay, baby? I thought the nightmares had stopped," I said, worried.



"So did I," choked Amara. "It's been over a year ... why won't they stop?"



"Are you still taking what the doctor prescribed?" I asked cautiously.



"I stopped taking the anti-depressants a while back and occasionally I take the sleeping pills. Just go back to sleep and don't worry. I'm going to write in my journal," she insisted as she climbed out of bed.



"Ry, don't look at me like that. I'm fine. I don't need therapy - I'm okay now. Don't make me go back there please..." she begged me with her large brown eyes.



"You know I wouldn't do that to you," I sighed, giving her areassuring smile.



Third' person POV

Amara headed to the living room of their Vegas apartment. She collapsed onto the lounge only to find Brendon already taking occupancy.



"Jesus, Brendon!" cried Amara. "Remind me why we gave you your own set of keys."



"In case I ever got lonely," smirked Brendon as he returned to his position before Amara disturbed his slumber. "Oh, did you have to wake me! I was having the best dream," he moaned.



"Well... what did we tell you about dropping in unannounced?"



"And I think your exact words were 'You're welcome to stay anytime. No need to call, just drop by and let yourself in'," he recited smugly.



"Oh, we did not say that," laughed Amara.



"Why are you up anyway?" Brendon asked, changing the subject.



"Nightmares again..." she sighed sadly. Upon hearing this Brendon shot up again in his seat.



"What happened in this one?" he asked full of concern.



"Same thing ... every time."



"Did you tell Ryan?"



"Didn't have to. I woke up screaming this time. Surprised Ididn't wake you."



He just shrugged before pulling her into an unnecessary, yet comforting embrace.



"Thanks, B. I'm good, don't worry. I just need to reflect,"she hinted towards the black journal in her hand. He caressed her cheek softly, nodding with understanding before heading back to sleep. Amara settled herself at his feet on the opposite end of the lounge.



She drew furiously across the page, drawing out the demons that haunted her in her dreams. She felt powerful putting it down, even though she'd drawn it many times before. Each time it gave her that slight feeling of control and that they couldn't hurt her when she was awake. Suddenly, she paused, her hand just off the paper and watched Brendon as he slept. There was something oddly comforting about the scene before her.



"What are you staring at?" he asked with closed eyes.



"What makes you think I'm staring at you?" mocked Amara."And anyway how could you even tell! You're eyes are closed."



"Women's intuition," Brendon smirked, eyes still closed, causing Amara to cock one eyebrow.



"Speaking of women ... see if you had a girlfriend, you could be sleeping in her bed right now, rather than on your best friend's sofa."



"Touche, James, touche. Speaking of women ... you're gonna have to tell Ryan the truth sooner or later. I don't like hiding things from him."



***

Meanwhile, on the other side of town, a discussion was getting quite heated.



"I can't believe they are scrapping all the songs from the cabin! It was pure gold. What changed!?!?! After everything last year, you would've thought they'd be writing about that! ... Pure gold I tell ya and they are throwing it down the drain," argued Jeremy.



"Don't forget who your talking to here, buddy. I signed this band. Stop being such a businessman. The boys know what they are doing,"countered the voice on the other end.



"It's what you hired me for. I need more of this thing they call 'emo.' The fans love it and this trend is not dying any time soon. They've gotta keep writing that kinda crap. How am I meant to sell"Nine in the Afternoon" to the public? What the fuck does that even mean?" cried Jeremy, his anguish rising.



"They were a massive hit and still are!"



"Yes, yes I know. But who knows for how long. You think these boys can do no wrong in the eyes of their fans, but do you know how many 14-year-old girls have been crying themselves to bed because Ryan changed his hair. They named it the Ryhawk for Christ's sake! The bottom line is ... teenagers don't like change."



The voice from speaker replied, "You just don't get it do you. Just let them write their music the way they want ... your just their manager, Jeremy. Now stop screwing with those boys."



"I highly doubt the fans want to listen to the boys sing happy rock songs ... might as well brand them as the new Backstreet Boys."



"/Jeremy/, just - let - those - boys - /be/."



"Fine. I will let them write the record how they want it,"sighed Jeremy as he ended the conference call.



"Not..."





***



Secrets are an interesting concept. And so are conspiracies.

I cannot wait to really get into the drama.

Reviewwww please =]
Sign up to rate and review this story