Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > His Mentality Is Strained On Friendship

Chapter Two

by inkvent 3 reviews

Chapter 2, Brendon's POV.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2008-04-01 - Updated: 2008-04-01 - 1046 words - Complete

0Unrated
Again. I had done it again.

I have done it every single time. It’s a wonder I’m still accepted anywhere.

I was late for the first day of school, seriously late.

Usually the new kid is at school for about half an hour before anyone else shows up. But at this rate I was going to be the last guy to show up.

I was running. I didn’t like running but I had to. My eyes were watering and my hair was going to be a mess but I had to make it in time.

I rounded the last corner in time to hear the school bell go off. I bolted down the street; I was going to make it! I was running so fast, I was going to make it.

I smiled at myself stupidly, as the large school building got closer and closer. I stopped abruptly beside it and stood at the gates, breathing heavily. I sat on one of the many benches to catch my breath.

“Oi! New kid! Get up!” I looked up sharply and saw a very large, very scary and very angry looking boy. Other, smaller boys, who all looked slightly nervous, surrounded him. “Are you deaf? I said get up!” I jumped up quickly. I was never very good in these situations. I always ended up saying the wrong thing and getting a punch in the face for it.

“What’s your name?” He barked at me. I shut my eyes and bit my lip. “I saaaiiiddd…WHAT’S YOUR NAME?” He yelled at me. I almost squeaked with fright. My first day, the first day I hadn’t been late on a first day and I was being yelled at.

I suddenly felt a very large hand gripping the front of my shirt and I opened my eyes. The boys face was very, very close to mine and it was bright red. I could see his fist rising. I closed my eyes again, preparing for the fist to connect with my jaw.

“Hey, Jason. Get lost ok?” I heard someone’s voice cut in. The voice was male and it sounded very irritated. I opened my eyes a bit to peek at whoever had the nerve to stand up to someone so scary. I couldn’t see them; they must’ve been stood behind the scary guy. The hand didn’t loosen its grip.

“Jason. Let go. You owe me remember? Now let go.” The voice was steady; it spoke in an almost perfect monotone. When he spoke to Jason, his voice commanded attention.

To my surprise, I felt myself being released and dropped onto the floor. The large boy, who’s name was obviously Jason, knelt down beside me. Instead of hurting me, he put out his hand to help me up. As he pulled me up, I heard him mutter.

“You got lucky new kid.” His voice was a low growl. One of the other kids nodded.

“Yeah, you got lucky new guy.” His voice was high and squeaky.

Jason walked away quickly with the other little kids trailing after him. I looked around. But whoever had saved me was already gone.

I picked up my bag from the ground and brushed the dirt from my trousers. My eyes widened in shock. I WAS LATE!


When I finally flew into my classroom, everyone was already there and they all turned to stare at me when I arrived. I smiled sheepishly at the teacher and she just nodded.

“That class is our new student. Brendon Urie.” She sighed at me and pointed to a desk in the far corner. As I walked over, I felt everyone’s eyes on me. But there was one guy sitting in front of the desk I was heading towards, who didn’t even glance my way. He was leaning his head on the wall and when I sat down, I swore I heard him sigh with irritation.

The only thing that I could think at that moment in time is that he was a very rude person. I frowned and prepared myself to prod him in the back with a pencil. Just as I was about to jab him in the back, he turned around to face me.

I swear I gasped.

Although his expression was one of pure boredom, his face was perfect. It was a perfect oval, with perfect lips, a perfect button nose and perfect chocolaty brown eyes. His hair was short and matched the chocolate colour of his irises.

He rolled his eyes at me and I smiled widely. My usual hyper feeling inside had returned.

“Hi! I’m Brendon!” I chirped happily.

“Yeah, I know.” He replied. His voice was one of boredom and irritation. I thought I recognized his voice, but I couldn’t have. I had only just met him.

“Who’re you?” I asked just as the bell went. He looked at the clock slowly and stood up. The whole way he moved made him seem like he’d done it all before and was bored with everything he did. He just looked at me.

“I’m sure you’ll find out.” He picked up his plain black messenger bag and walked slowly away from me. Everyone in the room moved to the side for him as he walked out of the door.

I frowned to myself and thought about what he had said. Just as I was about to follow him, someone grabbed my arm.

“You don’t want to bother him. He’s not someone you want to get involved with.” The girl who had spoken to me was short and blonde with very wide blue eyes.

“Why? Who is he? What’s his name?” I asked, why wouldn’t anyone answer questions properly in this school?

“Oh, well…he’s…Ryan Ross.” The way she said his name was weird, her voice went all quiet and she glanced around as she talked.

“What’s so bad about him?” I didn’t understand. What was going on?

“Oh well…you’ll have to ask him that yourself.” She winked at me and skipped away.

What? The boy who was so perfect couldn’t be that bad, could he?
Sign up to rate and review this story