Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Listeners

Suck it up

by natzlovesyou 1 review

:)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2008-04-04 - Updated: 2008-04-05 - 1035 words

0Unrated
Chapter 12I felt someone shaking my shoulder rather violently, and someone yelling words at the same time. But it was all a blurr to me. I caught a different smell in the room, a scent that didn't belong but at the same time it sort of did. The yelling and shaking continued until I decided to open my eyes and yell back,
"LEAVE ME ALONE!" I croaked in a much more louder tone of voice than what I had expected. I face a slightly bewildered Frank and an annoyed Paul.
"Geez, does it normally take her this long to wake up?" Frank asked Paul. Paul shook his head and stared at me with rage in his eyes.
"What in fuck's name are you doing, Tanith?" He said in that slow, beautiful tone of voice of his. His fingers played with his hair, in an attempt to ease his anxiety. He didn't yell at me, not let his frustration out like anyone else would've done. He had an icy stare and his lips looked tight.
"What do you mean?" I asked in a low tone, afraid of what the answer might be and the consecuences they might bring.
"Getting so drunk you need someone to carry you to the bus. Causing such a scene...Letting Frank of all people carry you, a known guitarrist from a motherfucker famous band who happens to have a girlfriend, too. And quite a violent one,if I might add"
"But-" Frank started, his eyebrows furrowed. Paul glanced at him and continued talking,"Do you know how that /looks/? What if someone had come in and seen you too sharing a bed?Tanith, you can't make mistakes like this...not now that we're starting. Not in your position. You don't have anything to fall back on. You can't afford this. You simply can't. I don't mean to lecture you, but...seriously, Tanith. Get it together. Think before you act. I hate being the one to tell you this but you've got to grow up because, even if it doesn't feel like it, this is your job and you can't fucking mess it up. And, yes, I know you want to tell me that this is your life and that it doesn't have to do anything with the band, but it does. Each and everyone of our moves does. So you have to suck it up and be a big girl now. Understood?" Paul paused, waiting for my answer. We hadn't lost eye contact ever since he had started talking. I shifted my glance towards Frank and he looked confused and helpless. I stared at the floor, wiggling my toes against the cold floor.
"Tanith?" Paul repeated, and this time I could sense impatience in his wonderful voice."Fine. I'll be good" I mumbled. I looked at him defiantly and he closed his mouth, nodding."I'll make you some waffles." He said, and left the room. Frank shifted his weight from one feet to the other.
"I'm sorry" He finally said.
"It's okay. I'm sorry, too. I hope I don't cause you and your girlfriend too much trouble." I mumbled as I stood up to get away from him and the bed we had been fooling around in. I turned my back on him and he reached for me and caught my wrist.
"We broke up" He said.
I almosted choked.I felt my heart rate raising as he didn't let go of my wrist, probably waiting for a response of any kind, for any sign I had listened to that explanation and had fully understood it. I didn't want to break the silence. Firstly beacause I didn't want to stop feeling his fingers against my skin and the tickling sensation they send and on the second part because I didn't know what to answer. I thought about Paul's words and found out that I agreed with him. I needed to pull it together. Work was work. It wasn't time for me to be fooling around. I inhaled deeply and composed myself before answering in what I expected to sound coolly and calm tone of voice,
"I'm sorry to hear that. You looked good together" He didn't let go of my wrist. In fact, the pressure increased. I turned around to face him and his gorgeous hazel eyes were sprinkled with lack of understandment. I smiled at him,
"You'll find someone else" I reassured him and placed my hand in top of his, releasing my wrist from his grip and walking away from him.
I had completely forgotten how Paul can't cook to save his life and was actually surprised when I saw perfect waffles in front of me. I sat on the kitchen counter since there wasn't enough space to have seats around it and started eating my waffles. I bit it and fireworks of flavour exploded in my mouth. The waffles tasted a bit funny, but they were still fantastic. I cocked an eyebrow at Paul who was waiting for my response.
"When did you learn to do this?" I asked, amazed.
Paul sighed in relief, " I was worried I could even screw those up" He said, showing me a blue box. I extended my hand to have a closer look at the box. It was one of those cheap brands of toaster waffles. I had forgotten that they even existed since I never bought them I just made them myself.
"And I was actually thinking you had improved!" I joked.
"Aw, come on! You couldn't have thought he had made them!" John kidded,
"You're not that naive, T!" Thom joined in. Then a door opened and steps came out of the bunk area. Frank came in looking disheveled, but not out of place amongst us and the touring bus enviroment.
"'Morning" He said to everyone.
Thom and John exchanged quick glances before muttering good morning. I smiled at Frank and said good morning at the same time Paul did.
"I'm going. The car's waiting somewhere near" He said as he got close to the door, "See you later guys. Have a good show today" He said as he jumped the steps. A collective "Bye" followed him.
REVIEW REVIEW REVIEEEEWWWW!
Sign up to rate and review this story