Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > At The First Touch of Love. . .

Chapter 14

by Meg2005 5 reviews

William Beckett naked... WHAT?! Read and find out what happens. This is a good one!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-04-05 - Updated: 2008-04-05 - 2194 words

0Unrated
The day of the wedding quickly came. Brooke was anything but ready for this day. As the sun slowly crept up along the horizon, Brooke sat on her bed looking out the window as William sat across from her.

‘Everything is going to turn out like it’s supposed to Brooke.’ William assured her as he held her hand.

‘I know. I trust you.’ She whispered. William looked at his watch before looking up at her.

‘I need to go. I have to meet my parents for breakfast.’ He said standing up to put his shoes on.

‘Are you going to be at the wedding?’ she asked.

‘I’m not sure yet. I’ll see you later. I love you.’ He whispered kissing her forehead and walking out of the room before she had time to respond.

Brooke continued to sit on her bed starring at her wedding dress that hung on the back of her door. Tears brimmed her eyes thinking about what could come of today while William had breakfast with his mom and dad….

‘So do you have everything together honey?’ Mrs. Beckett asked as they sat inside IHOP that morning.

‘No, I don’t know how I’m going to do this or how I’m going to pull it out alive.’

‘Do you know where you’re going to live? Do you know when you plan to get married? What about when you go on tour? Honey are you sure you’re ready for this?’ William’s mother asked.

‘Just because I’m going to ask her to marry me doesn’t mean that we have to get married right away. We can take things slow; we can plan a wedding that she wants and make it a fairy tale. I want her to be happy, if she’s happy than I will be happy. She can tour with me and live with me and then when we go back to Chicago, she can come with me and we’ll buy a house and a dog and we’ll be in Chicago.’

‘Well honey if you are sure. Have you bought a ring?’

‘Yes ma’am.’

‘Is it good enough for her?’

‘It’s a work of art. It’s Tacori.’

‘Alright. Well honey, if you’re sure be sure to call your grandparents when you two get engaged.’

‘I will. What time is it?’ William asked.

‘9:45.’ His mother said looking down at her watch.

‘I have to go. The wedding starts at 11.’

‘Don’t think we aren’t coming with you. You’re our oldest son; we have to watch you get engaged.’ His mother said as the waitress brought their bill.

‘Mom.’

‘Shut up William, now let’s go, you need to wash that hair of yours.’ She smiled.



‘I don’t think I can do this.’ Brooke said as she sat in the brides’ room, in the ugly dress that Mark picked for her with a glass of whisky in one hand and Lilly, her best friend’s hand in the other one.

‘You’re going to be fine B.’

‘No, I’m not. I’m not going to be fine. I don’t want to be with Mark. I want to be with William. I want to marry William. I want to be the girl that he gives his hoodie to and cuddles up next to when it’s cold outside. I want to be the one who he wraps his arms around and the one he whispers to about how beautiful I am. Mark doesn’t do that. He doesn’t tell me I’m beautiful. He doesn’t care if I’m cold. He doesn’t care what I do or where I am. If he did I wouldn’t need William.’

‘Then what are you doing here baby? Why are you still going through with this?’

‘I’m scared of what Mark will do if I don’t.’

‘Honey, everything is going to turn out like it should. Everything will work out I promise.’

‘How do you know?’

‘Because I just do.’ Lilly smiled. Apparently everyone knew about William’s plan except Brooke and everyone there for Mark.

‘You’ll be here no matter what right?’

‘Of course I will baby, you’re my best friend. I’ll love you no matter what you do.’ She smiled as her father walked into the room.

‘Baby girl, it’s time.’ Dr. Ryan said coming in with a somber look.

‘Daddy.’

‘Sweetie, why the long face? It’s your wedding day, you should be excited.’

‘I’m sorry but I’m not excited. I’m being forced into something I don’t want to do, I’m supposed to be excited?’ she asked as she stood up and put her vial on.

‘Are you drinking?’

‘Damn straight I’m drinking, in fact, I’m thinking of becoming an alcoholic. Hope Mark likes me then, let’s get this over with.’ Brooke said as she opened the brides’ room door and started out with her best friend, parents, and brother trailing behind her.

‘As everyone got in place, Brooke finished off her glass of whiskey in one gulp while Lilly rolled her eyes and took the glass away, ‘Drinking is not going to solve anything.’

‘Well it’s better than being in reality.’ She mumbled as Lilly got in front of her to walk down the isle.

Twenty minutes earlier, William, the boys, his parents and his sister stood in front of the door giving him a pep talk.

‘You’re going to do fine, just make sure you have the right timing. I’ll text you when it’s time.’ Mike said as he fixed Michael’s jacket.

‘You’re sure this is what you want?’ Mrs. Beckett asked softly.

‘I’m positive. I want her.’

‘Well then here we are, make it worth it sweetie.’

‘I will mom.’

‘Alright then we’re going to go in and get a seat. We’ll be waiting.’ His mother said kissing the side of his cheeks before everyone else said a good bye and started into the chapel.

William stood in the hall way directly next to the doors of the chapel. He heard everything. He heard Mark talking to his best friend about his soon to be ‘trophy wife.’ He heard Brooke talk about how she was thinking of becoming an alcoholic, and he heard the discussion her parents were having right before she got out there. Everyone knew about his plan, the brides’ maids, her family, everyone that is….except Brooke.

As William peaked around the corner to see her, he cringed at the dress she was wearing. She was so beautiful, so graceful, so angelic, the dress did not do her justice. It had sleeves and had a skirt that swallowed her alive. He smirked thinking about the next time he saw her in a wedding dress. He hoped to have a very different reaction when she walked down the isle towards him.

A man was not supposed to cringe when he saw a woman, any woman, in a wedding dress. He was supposed to fawn, no matter who the woman was. It was her day to be the most beautiful woman in the world. That reaction was far from the reaction everyone gave Brooke when she walked in. But at that point, she didn’t care. She’d had enough to drink that she hadn’t a care in the world for what she looked like or better yet, what other people thought of how she looked.

As Brooke walked down the isle, she saw friends and family, she saw William’s friends and what looked to be a spot saved for him. She saw his parents and his sister but no William. That was the only thing she had felt all day. The stinging pain of not seeing him; She felt her heart cracking as she looked up at Mark feeling as if it were the best that it would ever be. She was sad, hurt, but most of all angry at William for making her feel like she was something special. For making her feel like he was going to save her; no one in her life had ever saved her, why should now be any different.

‘Dearly beloved we are gathered her today to witness this man and this woman wed in holy matrimony. Marriage is a blessing between two people out of love and confidence. It is something sacred that god created for a man and a woman to pay respects to the feelings towards one another.’ The priest began. Brooke some what tuned out everything he was saying. She began to think about everything that had happened over the past two months as tears ran down her cheeks. She looked up at Mark and felt like punching him square in the nose. She wanted to slap the smirk off his face and make sure he would never treat another woman like he had for the rest of his life. She looked around at the people filling the chapel. She looked at Mark’s side and realized she only recognized three of them. His parents and his little brother. No one else. She didn’t know anyone else; he had never introduced her to anyone else.

Brooke began to think that even if William wasn’t here, this was not how she wanted to spend her life. This was not how she wanted to live her life, unhappily married to man that she didn’t even know.

As if on cue, the doors to the chapel opened. Everyone turned in their seat to look to see who was interrupting this wedding ceremony from hell. Brooke smiled as she saw William stride down the isle, dressed in his normal tight jeans, tight t-shirt, and his fashion jacket with his hair messily straightened and his eyes looking as deep as ever.

‘What are you doing here?’ Mark spat as William broke eye contact with Brooke to look at him.

He looked at the Priest and smiled, ‘Isn’t this the part where you ask if anyone has a problem with this marriage?’ he asked.

‘As a matter of fact, if anyone has reason enough to object to this marriage speak now or forever hold your peace.’ The priest said before looking back at William, ‘The floor is all yours Mr. Beckett.’

‘I object.’ William stomped. As silence fell over the chapel the priest prodded for William to continue. William looked over at Brooke and took her hands.

‘I had this big speech planned to explain to you why you shouldn’t be getting married today. I was actually planning on giving that speech a couple of weeks ago but then I decided that long speeches do no good. They don’t show emotion, they don’t show love, in fact, they rarely even catch attention so I scrapped the long speech. As I sat with you last night and the night before and the night before like I have for the past two months I realized something. I realized how much I really do love you. I could go on for hours about how much I love you and what it is about you that I love but that would take far too long and it would take far too much air so I’ll tell you all of them at a later time. The point is, Brooke, I love you. I love you a lot. You make me feel like no one has ever made me feel before.’ He said before being interrupted.

‘Are you done yet? We’re trying to get married here.’ Mark said with a smirk.

‘Brooke, if you don’t feel the same way. If you don’t love me and don’t want to be with me just say so and I’ll leave and you can marry Mark but if you do I want you to marry me. I want you to be my wife.’ He said as he knelt down on his left knee and held the box he had been carrying around since the day at the jewelry store, ‘I want to be the boy that keeps you warm at night, that puts you to bed if you’ve had too much to drink, as you clearly have today, I want to be the man that you had babies with, the man you grow old with, but most of all I want to be the man that is knocked off his feet on our wedding day when I see you in the most stunningly beautiful wedding dress known to man. So with all of this said and all of this on the line, marry me Brooke, make me the happiest man alive by becoming my wife.’ William asked opening the box to show her the ring that she had picked out that day in the store.

Brooke looked from William to Mark to William as the smile on her face grew. This was far from as good as it would get.
Sign up to rate and review this story