Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > At The First Touch of Love. . .

Chapter 15

by Meg2005 2 reviews

I love this story.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-05-19 - Updated: 2008-05-20 - 1222 words

0Unrated

Brooke looked at Mark noticing the smirk was off his face as he looked at her with pleading eyes. Brooke slowly took off the ring that Mark had given her. The sorry excuse for the engagement ring he had proposed to her with and allowed William to slip on the simply put: stunning ring onto her manicured finger. William stood up and picked her up in a hug as half of the congregation began to clap while the other half sat in silence.

‘What do you think you are doing?’ Mark asked separating the two.

‘Well Mark, this is what a real engagement is like and this is what a real engagement ring looks like. Maybe you should have figured that out before you popped the question, and then maybe you wouldn’t have lost your girl.’ Brooke said.

‘I haven’t lost anything, we’re already getting married. He can’t do this.’

‘The marriage hadn’t happened and it wasn’t going to. Sorry Mark, I don’t love you. I don’t want to be with you.’

‘We’ve had this conversation. I told you you were not going to do this to me.’

‘That’s the thing mark, you demanded that I not do this to you but you brought it upon yourself so looks like in the end, I get what I want and not the other way around.’ Brooke said before Mark slapped her once again.

‘You’re going to have to learn, stupid girl that you don’t talk to people like that.’ Mark said before being taken out by Michael.

‘Michael?’ William asked as he punched Mark before being pulled off by Silas.

‘I told you she was no good for you Mark.’ His mother said as she got up to help him up.

‘I tried. She’s just too stupid to be able to figure it out.’ He glared.

Mr. Wilson walked over to Brooke’s father with a glare, ‘It’s too bad that you raised such a disrespectful daughter. No one is ever going to have any respect for you or your family. I’m grateful that my son came to his senses.’

‘Your son raped my daughter. He beat her. Did he tell you that? Did he tell you about the bruises and the emotional damage that he caused her? I would rather have a single unwed daughter than one that lives with something like that. My daughter is perfect the way she is. We raised a respectful, beautiful daughter. It’s your raising that is out of line if you teach your son to treat women like he does.’ Dr. Ryan said as the look of shock spread across Mark’s parents’ faces.

‘He did what?’

‘He raped her. He bruised her. He beat her. He caused her so much pain that she feared being around him.’

As Mark’s parents advanced towards him, Brooke and William slipped out of the chapel. ‘We’re getting married.’ She smiled with her arms around his neck as he backed her against the wall.

‘We’re going to be Mr. and Mrs. William Beckett.’ He laughed before pressing his lips to hers.

‘I can not believe I’m hearing this butcher.’ Sisky said as the two stood watching the couple.

‘I know man, they are softies now.’

Brooke parted from the hug William had her in before looking at the two boys as her smile grew. She ran and jumped on both of them hugging them tight, ‘Did you two know about this?’ she asked.

‘Are you serious? We’ve known since he bought the ring. Why do you think we took you out the other day?’

‘Brooke turned around and looked at Will, ‘You’re tricky.’ She laughed walking back over to him and hugging him around his thin waste.

‘You’re beautiful.’ He smiled resting his forehead against hers.

‘I love you.’ She smiled before letting him kiss her gently.

‘I hate this dress.’ William said looking at her ugly wedding dress.

‘Me too. I think I’m going to torch it after today.’

‘At our wedding, I want you to wear a dress that you fall in love with. I don’t want to see it until the day we get married okay.’

‘I think that I can manage that.’ Brooke smiled before kissing him and slipping her tongue into his mouth just as someone cleared their throat behind them.

‘So looks like you two are getting married.’ Dr. Ryan smiled.

‘We are.’ Brooke smiled as she laid her head to rest on William’s shoulder.

‘Well you know we have all of this food and all of this wedding stuff and no couple.’

‘But we do have a new engagement.’ Mrs. Beckett said.

‘So we could just have an engagement party.’ Mrs. Ryan smiled. Brooke smiled as she laid her head against William’s chest, ‘but for right now, let’s get you out of his ugly dress.’

‘I second that.’ William said as they walked away.

‘So do you feel better now?’ Mrs. Ryan asked.

‘I’m happy. I’m excited. I’ve never felt this way before mom.’

‘Well honey we have a lot of work to do. We have a whole other wedding to plan, another wedding dress to buy, so much to do and this time around, we’re going to be excited about it.’ Mrs. Ryan said hugging her daughter.

‘Feeling guilty?’ Michael asked standing in the bride’s room as Brooke looked in the mirror.

‘I’m no better than he is. When I broke off the engagement I didn’t care about anyone’s feelings but my own.’

‘Brooke there are times in our lives when being selfish is okay, when you are in real danger like you were in that relationship then its okay. In thirty years you’re still going to be in love with William and you two are going to live happily ever after and you’re going to be happy. This is something you know, would you have felt the same way with Mark thirty years down the road?’

‘I guess you’re right.’ Brook said softly as she stood up straightening out her white satin dress. The dress was beautiful. It was short sleeved with a deep V neck showing off the right amount of cleavage while it hit right above her knees with a trim of black lace at the hem and at the waist. She wore black stiletto heels with it while her hair was softly curled from the wedding earlier that day. William soon walked into the room to find her sitting with Michael.

‘Are you ready to go babe?’ he asked.

‘Yeah.’ She smiled standing up. Michael walked out of the room shutting the door behind him to give Will and Brooke a few minutes before their party.

‘I can’t believe you bought this ring that day.’ Brooke said as she looked down at the sparkling ring.

‘I saw the look on your face when you put it on, besides, you don’t think that Mrs. William Beckett was going to be wearing some lame little diamond did you?’

Brooke smiled as she held onto either side of the collar on his jacket and pulled him down into a kiss.
Sign up to rate and review this story