Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Because I'll Never Stop Watching Over You

With A Little Help From My Friends

by RyanRossLuver 3 reviews

Oh dear, poor Emmi and poor Alexia...how are they gonna deal?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-04-05 - Updated: 2008-04-06 - 802 words - Complete

0Unrated
OKay, I think earlier I said they were in Vegas, but I realised if I were using Angels and Kings, they'd have to be in New York. So this story is taking place in New York - Everyone has an apartment/house there...I mean, they're rich enough to be able to, so it's pretty good that it worked out like this! Sorry about the deathly confusion!



Once I had calmed down, Brendon sat me on the couch between Spencer and Alex.

"Now, I'm deeply confused. As are a few other people I imagine. What's happened?" Ryan asked.

"Our father, Emmi's biological father, died three days ago here in New York. He came over to see Emmi for her birthday, but he died of a heart attack," Alex said, drying her own eyes. Ember moved over to me and pulled me into a tight embrace.

"His funeral needs to be arranged, and I thoug-" I never heard the end of Alex's sentence as I got up and ran out of the house; my eyes laced with tears, my legs propelling me towards a destination that remained unknown to me at the moment.


Unknown loaction in New York
I collapsed an hour later in a deserted field. My emotions were so screwed over, I had run so hard, and I hadn't eaten in so long that I crawled over to the bushes before throwing up. The tears stung my eyes as I recieved yet another incoming phone call. I actually bothered to chack Caller I.D before deciding if I wanted to block the call, and saw that it was an unknown number. As it could have been a call back about one of the many jobs I had applied for in the past three months, I decided to answer it, taking a deep breath before I did so.

"H-hello?" I asked shakily.

"Emmi, where are you? Ember, Alexia and the guys are worried sick about you!"

"How did you get my number Michael?"

"Ember. She said if I needed to ge-"

"Okay, I get it. But I want more time alone to deal. Tell them I'm fine."

"Sure. Stay safe, okay?" I hung up and decided I'd start walking back to the city. But I wasn't going home quite yet. I wanted to stop in and talk to Vicky, the only girl older than me that I trusted, other than Ember.


Two hours later; Cobra house
"I don't know why it hurts so much. I wasn't very close to him at all. I really only knew him for a couple fo years," I said, rocking on the bed, tears streaming down my cheeks, Vicky attempting to comfort me.

"It's okay Emmi. Let it all out," She said, lying down and pulling me into her arms. Gabe walked past the room, doing a double take.

"Emmi, what are you doing here?" He asked, walking into the room and sitting on the end of the bed. Vicky released me and stood up, giving me a knowing look, which I dismissed, before she left the room. I pulled my head up of the pillows and looked Gabe in the eye.

"Oh honey, what happened?" He asked, taking note of my stained cheeks. This brought on a fresh wave of tears, and Gabe swept me into his arms. Soon the moisture was soaking his t-shirt through, and I was hiccuping, I was crying that much.

"Shh, it's gonna be okay," he whispered into my ear, rubbing my back.

"H-h-he's gone," I choked out.

"Who? Ryan?"

"N-no. My Dad...my real Dad."

"Oh honey, it's going to be okay. I'll make it okay," he said, before removing my head from his shoulder and wiping my tears away with his thumbs. I stared into his rich, chocolate brown eyes, and realised just how much I loved the comfort I got from him. Thats what this relationship was based upon - not the passion under the kisses or the romance under the caresses, but the comfort and safety I felt with him. I let out an unnanounced yawn, and Gabe chuckled.

"Come on honey, lets get some rest," he said, kicking his shoes off, pulling the covers off Vick'y bed and lying down. I slid uder the covers next to him, before curling up around him. He pulled the covers back over us, before putting his arms around my waist.


I woke up a few hours later, to see darkness surrounding the room, and Vicky satring down at me and Gabe, who was still asleep.

"Vicky, what..."

"Hey, I've known like, forever about you two. Don't worry, I won't tell." She said, before collecting her PJ's and leaving the room, presumably about to sleep in Gabe's. I instantly fell back under, not to be roused until almost 24 hours later.
Sign up to rate and review this story