Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Look For The Boy with a Broken Smile

[[21.]]

by zildjian1039 3 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-04-06 - Updated: 2009-02-02 - 1329 words

0Unrated
5-10-2006
-Patrick's pov-
"We should hook Madi and Pete up.", I told Allie,half joking but kind of serious.
Pete had this complex personality... fun to be around but at the same time, hard to read. You know how when you look at certain people, you can tell the way they feel and what they're thinking just by the look in their eyes or their facial expression? Pete is impossible to read. Madi is the same way.
I was sucking down my third Pepsi on our way out of the bowling alley, when I made this statement.
We had decided after wandering the mall, to play a few games of bowling, which consisted more of Allie letting me win and Madison laughing hysterically at the way I bowled.

"You always do a little skip thing before you throw the ball.",Madi said in between giggles."You remind me of a ballerina."
"Well thanks." I grabbed my ball off the rack and walked up onto the platform.
"Watch him." I heard a whisper behind me.
I bowled, and apparently skipped before throwing the ball.
And with that both of them were in a fit of laughter. Madi fits in well with our crazy "family".


"Oh wowwww.",Allie grinned. "They're both way too high maintenance for each other.And Petes such a drama queen...king I mean"
"Who's Pete?" inquired Madi.
"You'll meet him soon enough" Allie assured.
Madi had a temporary apartment down the street from our hotel, but agreed to spend the night with us. I've only known her for 4 hours, and I can already see that she's someone that's fun to be around and easy to talk to.I can understand why Allie is friends with her; and I know for a fact that the rest of the guys will get along with her.

The girls hopped into the back seat and I took my place in the front. Instinctively I tuned the radio to my favorite station.I was starting to back out of the space when I jammed the brakes on. I turned up the volume to confirm that I was hearing right and there it was. Grand Theft Autumn. The song Pete and I wrote in his basement only a few days after I met Allie. And now it was on the radio. And people we had never met were hearing it.And maybe they liked it.
I screamed and grabbed my cellphone.
"Is this the radio baby?" Allie asked leaning forward.
I nodded and dialed Petes number as fast as I could.
Allie started screaming too and jumped into the from seat to hug me.
"W-wha...huh?",Madi was all confused.
"This is Patrick !This is his band!" ,Allie nearly screamed and she threw her arms around my neck and kissed me. Recording that song was worth it just for that.

Pete-tard didn't pick up his phone, so I gunned it out of the parking lot, to the hotel, up the elevator and down the hall, and burst into the room.
Naturally , Pete launched at me and I was on my ass before I knew what hit me.
"We did it!", he screamed over and over.
Our producer, Seth,got Pete off and helped me up and said
"You nailed it dude. People were calling in by the dozens asking for tickets to shows, asking where they can buy the CDs , how they can hear more. They even started requesting the song on other stations. We can have a cd out in a week or two kid, I've got it all laid out."

If you've never had a feeling of being untouchable...infinite is a better choice of words...let me tell you how it feels.
Picture yourself being so I overwhelmed, you don't know the difference between your dreams and reality. You have the perfect person in your life that fills every hole that has ever punctured your heart, and that person feels the same way about you. You're so excited,scared, and hopeful all at once that your brain goes into overload.
That was me at that very moment.
I've wanted to be in a band sharing my music with the world for years. It was finally happening.
He rambled on about his plans and I nodded and inserted "Awesome" in the appropriate places and he left.
Pete had gone off to plan the party and I just sat there for a little bit trying to take it all in.
---
5-10-2006
...You know, I've never actually been drunk before. Actually, I wasn't drunk. I was absolutely trashed. I woke up on the hotel room floor shirtless,and sticky with whiskey and god knows what else. And the hangover... We were sitting in the room with the blinds shut and no lights on and I still felt like I was getting punched in the head. I rolled over searching for my glasses. When I found them, I reluctantly shoved them on, still holding onto my head, and saw Allie glaring down at me from the couch.

"What's wrong?" I mumbled.
She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow.
" I didn't like that." she stated simply, and got up to grab her toaster strudels.
She took her seat back on the couch and I slid up and sat next to her.
"What's wrong?." I inquired, putting my shirt back on....maybe that was the problem. I wouldn't want to see me shirtless.
She was silent for a moment.
"There were girls all over you. And you didn't stop them because you probably had no idea where you were or what was going on. I didn't even know half of the people here! And neither did you. " she replied,taking another bite of her breakfast.
I sat for a second trying to recall any of this happening...and failing.
"Besides,you ignored me all night. And I was stuck listening to Joe's drunken ramblings."
"Aw you know I would never do that on purpose,love." I told her,and I meant it. I promise I'll never do that again, okay? I don't like it either. It hurts my head."
I could tell she was trying to be tough, but of course she responded like I hoped she would.
"Forgiven. You're lucky that you're so adorable, that's all I have to say."
I laughed.
"So now that we're on good terms...you know strawberry is my favorite, are you gonna finish that?" I asked ,pointing to the toaster streudel.
"Yes I am." She said,sticking the last bite in her mouth.
I frowned.
"There's 2 in the toaster for you,mister."
"Oh my God , I love you" I said on my way to the toaster.
"Yeah,you'd better."
---
We'd both gotten dressed and decided to go see what was going on in the other room. Upon arrival, Joe was just getting out of bed..I mean off the couch.
"Rise and shine!"I yelled.
"Shut up dude! I've got a headache like nobody's buisness.",he complained.
We were about to go find Pete when he stumbled out of the bedroom. He looked somewhat surprised to see us possibly because he was wearing only boxers.
"Heyy big boy!" I greeted him,with a clap on the shoulder.
"Hi..." he answered. He was suspiciously quiet and non talkative.
"What's the matter? Did you not get anyth-"
My jaw had to have hit the floor when I saw Madi emerge out of the bedroom in her robe.
Allie's mouth was wide open and I'm pretty sure she mouthed the words "Holy shit". We both started cracking up.
"I see you've met Pete,Madison.",Allie giggled.
They were both bright red.
"Dude! Did you guys do the nasty?!", Joe almost screamed."Ow that hurt my head."
Pete rolled his eyes.
"I called it ! I called it ,did I not Allie!?",I yelled.
"Okay,okay you did.",she laughed.
"Yeah son! Hahaha. Shit, Pete put some clothes on."
Sign up to rate and review this story