Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Boy Who Vanished

The Boy Who Vanished

by Immortal7 4 reviews

Welcome to the life of Harry. harry lives with his paraniod mother and is about to start his first year of school. Everything is going fine for Harry except the small bit about a powerful dark wiz...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Harry,Hermione,Lily,Lupin - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2008-04-06 - Updated: 2008-04-06 - 3393 words

5Original
Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, yada yada yada. You know the drill I'm on fan fiction dot net and other fine free reading websites so what do you think.

A/N This is a slightly rewrote chapter one. I felt that the original did not express enough to go with the later chapters. A half of it is journal entries form Lily and the other is just as Harry gets his letter. I might expand in the future I might not. Go ahead and tell me what you think. Thanks again later.

The Boy Who Vanished

Chapter one : Differences in Opinion.

October 23, 1981

The world was surrounded with this darkness. I can only hope my son has very little to fear in his life. The Order seems to think that the Dark Lord will be coming for ether Frank and Alice or us. It pains me to say this but I hope they are the targets. The world would be devastated, but at least mine would still be some what intact. Those this make me a bad person. I can only hope that neither of us become a target and Albus is wrong. I mean as unlikely as it is for that to happen it would be a nice change in pace.

You would not believe the row me and James had today. He just won't listen to me. I mean this plan of his and Sirius is stupid. Sure it would be nice if we could just stay here in the Hallow. Its just I have this nagging feeling that something is not going to work out with it. Sure it's a good plan. Use Peter its just I don't trust Peter. I don't understand why the rest of them don't see it ether. He leaves for periods of time and never fesses up to what he is doing for those periods of time. James says I paranoid and Peter probably just has a girlfriend he doesn't want to be teased about right now. How can my husband be so smart and yet so stupid at the same time. I swear sometimes he takes the prophesy as a joke and thinks we are all still in school. Maybe I am a little paranoid, but how would any one act if there child had the possibility to be marked to death by one of the greatest dark wizards in the last hundred years.

October 30, 1981

I've had it. If he wants to do this whole fiasco of a plan he can do it by himself. I'm not allowing his vote of confidence in his friends send us to an early grave. Peter has been missing for three days. I know he thinks I'm being paranoid, but I can feel the murderer coming. James keeps trying to tell me that Peter would die before he broke down if he was captured. I however remember who we are talking about. Peter is spineless and I believe the only reason he got put in to Gryffindor is because he had just enough courage to tackle a small puppy. I mean maybe at first he had some but after all the years at school I can see the only reason he hung around James, Sirius and Remus is so they would protect him. He may as well be a rat but I always will think of him as a snake.

I'm finally leaving James. Its been at least two years coming. I know the only reason I stayed so long is Harry. I thought maybe James would change a little after school, but as sad as it is for me to say this Sirius has matured more than James has. Don't get me wrong James has his moments but they are so far and in between. I just wish he would stop thinking of this as another stupid quidditch match. This is our son we are talking about not the damn House cup. My mom still kept the small flat I lived in after school got over. So I'm heading there. Nobody knows where it is not even James.

November 1, 1981

I told him to bloody grow up. The last things I told him were that I was sick and tried of his cocky I'm invincible attitude. Did I kill him? Did he die because I wasn't there? What will I tell Harry when he grows up? I killed your father because I was to scared to stay and help him. What will he think of me growing up? I saw the house or what is left of it. Sirius had pulled James's body out of the wreckage not even an hour after Voldemort left. He must have died trying to hold that monster off because Voldemort had tortured him. I feel like such a failure. How am I suppose to protect Harry and me?

November 24, 1981

I haven't let anyone near the two of us in almost a month. I contacted the Order telling them that Harry and I are fine, but to keep our safety quiet. I don't want that bloody thing coming after us again. The morning paper was all about how Harry and I were taken prisoner by the He-who-must-not-be-named and most likely killed. They had repaired the house as best as they could and from what I figure untransfigured most of the house to see if our bodies had been changed. They claim that this is such an outrage to see such an ancient and noble house be destroyed. In fact they are now actually going to do something about the mad man they have allowed to roam free for almost thirty decades. All because he finally stepped over the line and wiped out a pureblood line. Fucking bastards. They aren't even worried that I died. It was all pureblood this and pureblood that.

January 12, 1982

I found a new form of contempt for the wizarding world. After months of claiming that the loss of such a pureblood family was tragic, it was stated today that I am to blame. They didn't use it, but they as good as said that if it wasn't for the fact that if my late husband hadn't married a mudblood he would be here with us in the living world. That my son is an abomination like other half bloods that are from higher up ancient families. So today my son is a thing and I am basically a whore since good upstanding purebloods, meaning wealthy ones, would never fall for the natural wiles of a mudblood. Which means I drugged my late husband and raped him repeatedly until I conserved our child forcing him to take responsibility of the thing I had forced him to create.

All this wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the fact this was the first day I finally let some Order members see me. I woke up on the couch where I had been placed after I was stunned. I guess I scared them since I just set the kitchen ablaze along with the article. They both stayed away from or should I say stayed a respectable distance from me since they claim to have never heard of accidental magic my age. The looks on their face were of slight terror. I went to thank them for 'calming me down' from my incident accept they told me that my son was the one to stun me and put out the fire. I laughed in their faces when they said all they had done was repair the damage and my under two year old child had waved his hand doing advanced wandless magic to end the disaster. Than they said that they weren't lying. So knowing those two I'll have a chat with one nice old headmaster here soon since they both will most likely tell him. And to think I used to like Severus a little bit. Now he's nothing, but a stool pigeon.

March 17, 1982

After months of deliberations my son is officially bastard. My former conspirator and headmaster has finally passed his law that takes away my son's name. I can't believe that he had the nerve to claim that I had only married James for his money. So here I am now trying to figure out something to do to take care of my son since neither Harry or I can't take anything out of the vault. I guess I should be happy that they allowed me the generosity of withdrawing all the money I deposited into the accounts after graduation. So I at most have enough to get us through the next two years here in the muggle lifestyle. So I have two years to figure out something I can do that will not get us killed.

Sirius and Remus came by today. Sirius seemed upset at the happenings of our beloved leader, but he defended Albus saying it was because of some other matters and not Harry and I. Remus had to hold me back after laying Sirius out the floor. I can believe the bloody nerve of that man. He comes to my house and than after waking up from his self induced nap has to nerve to lecture me on how living in the muggle neighborhood was unsafe for his godson. That I should at least move in with some other wizards and witches so as I could protect Harry better. The look on his face when I asked him to tell me where he was at this moment was priceless. All he could say was that it was my apartment.

I told him to never question my commitment to my son again or I might just try a few other new charms I was developing on him next time. Remus found it to be extremely funny. Sirius didn't stay long so I didn't lose my temper again. Remus spent most of the time over here helping me clean up after my darling son. I glad he is so powerful so he can take of himself in the future, but have you ever told a one and a half year old no only to have him throw a tantrum that can destroy furniture. I can't wait for puberty.

January 23, 1983

I didn't mean to wait over a year for another entry I just don't have the drive to keep writing in it. I find that a lot of things come out better written in another form. Oh that's right I never recorded that I know have a means of employment. It's kind of funny actually. I am writing a fictional account, or should I say factual account of the last hundred years of the wizarding world. I have two books that have broken the top twenty on best seller lists. A lot of people were not very happy about how I let it out the dirty laundry of their world for all the see. I heard actually that a few of the purebloods were appalled that I let it out about their incestuous ways. Or my personal favorite that their so called leader is a little turncoat and a half blood.

Well the depressing news is over. Lets move on to even more depressing news. Something is wrong with my son. I'm worried about him. At times he has these dreams that scar me. It is almost like prophecies. He wakes up screaming about a boy named Cedric, or a girl named Hermione. At times he thinks Sirius is dead or I am. And the worst is he seems to think at times he is at my sister's house. The dreams are only getting worse when they happen, but they seem to only seem to happen every few months. I was really worried for the longest time that maybe he has a small touch of the sight. I even went so far as to look up my darling sister to see if she did have a child named Dudley. I found out that she does. However she also has a daughter named Rose. It seems she is keeping up with the family tradition of flower names. She looked very cute for a baby. While my sister and I did not part on the best of terms she at least appears to be very happy with her life now. It hurts knowing how much magic drove us apart, there are times I miss my best friend. Yet I don't want to get requited due to the possibility of someone going after her and her children. While I never got along with Vernon I don't want my niece and nephew to be dragged into this.

What else has happened since the last time I wrote in here. Oh yeah Remus is leaving with us now. It seems that a very special amount of higher up people let it out that he was infected and now he can't get with in ten meters of a store with out someone freaking out. We spend a lot of time in the muggle London. Its kind of funny to get slightly noticed on the street for my books. I heard form Sirius and Severus that a few of the new muggleborns that come into the world have read them as well.

Speaking of those two. I have decided that hell has frozen over. They are actually liking each other. Severus turned his back on the murdering bastard and seems to be on speaking terms with the Order a little better now that he doesn't report to Voldemort. Severus decided that he couldn't stay with the maniac any longer. I really don't know what to believe truly. I might trust him, just not that well. I heard that he is staying on with the school since he actually likes to teach the kids. I really don't believe it since he hated our school mates because they were immature. So the idea of him liking to teach eleven year olds is a joke, it smells of Dumbledore. In fact I know that those two are still spying on me for the old man. I never let them out of my house so they can see where I might be. And the wards I placed up disable all tracking charms that the old coot places on them. I let them come because Sirius is Harry's godfather and once upon a time Severus was my friend. That and they can help me teach Harry magic at a younger age so he can protect himself.

I don't know how much time I will have to dedicate to this journal now that I'm writing to make sure that Harry eats. I even donate money back to my sister so if she ever wants to leave that asshole of a husband she has money to get on her feet. If that is one thing that I will get in to Harry's head is that family is important even if you don't like them. You might disagree in the end, but you always help out family.

End journal entries



July 25, 1991

A young boy jerked up screaming. "Leave me alone Dudley. Quit jumping on the stairs." He was panicking when his mother entered the room. She sat down to the child and grabbed him into a hugging embrace. The boy just sat there and shook in her arms. The mother made simple hush sounds to the terrified ten year old.

"Its okay Harry. It was just a dream. Come on it was only a dream." Her words finally calmed him down to the point his muffled screams only came out muted. He pulled away from her and started rubbing a hand over his forehead. As if looking for a mark that was not there. "Did you have the dream where you lived with your Aunt and Uncle again?" He nodded his head and involuntarily shook in his mothers arms again.

"Its not so much the dreams it's the feeling of this scar on my forehead. In every dream I feel like I should have it mommy." It had become routine. Almost every two to three months he would wake up thinking she was dead. It scarred her that her son had such an imagination. Even if it was only sub-conscious. What scared her more thought was the fact that when he woke up from these dreams was the only time he ever seemed like the child he was. Seeing that he had finally fallen back in to slumber Lily laid his head down on the pillow and left the room for the kitchen.

Grabbing her wand to summon a cup of tea she read yesterday's newspaper again. It held some interesting facts on one of Voldemort's border raids and Crouch's attempts to keep the ministry together for the drug out war. And that once again Hogwarts would be open for all those who wanted their children to get the finest in magical education. She was still up to debate as to if she would send Harry to the school of her child hood. The thought of letting him leave her sight for ten months was the factor she was dealing with. Who was going to protect him, sure Sirius was there with half of the order, but could she let him go off and be in that school. The morning did not get any better for the red haired woman as slowly rose into the parlor windows. A small grey owl came flying in through the open kitchen window dropping the paper off as he U-turned.

Lily sighed. The newspaper was not her normal subscription. It was the yearly that was released to the wizards and witches who lived in the muggle world, it was the warning edition to all muggles coming into the world identifying all the known death eaters and pictures of them. As always on the cover was Peter Pettigrew. Lily released the twisted smile that she found herself holding in when she saw Peter's missing hand. He had lost it when Voldemort had not found Harry at The Hallow all those years ago. It marked him as James's betrayer. She couldn't help but find the punishment suiting not that anybody but Sirius and Remus knew her vindictive side.

Not that anyone knew her anymore except Remus and her son. She had hide very well for the last ten years. In fact Remus, Sirius, and Severus were the only ones she was in regular contact with. She had only let Albus in to her house once. She had to have Remus go cloaked on Harry's first day of school just because she wasn't sure she could do it her self with out interfering. He was looking for them. Before Severus had jumped ship completely he said that was his main goal. Find the child. Her child. He wanted her child and to end the prophesy. So Lily sat in her dining room debating how she could allow Harry to gain his letter tomorrow. He would be eleven and the request would come. Of course Dumbledore had offered her a position at Hogwarts to ease her nerves it just didn't feel right to follow him all the time ether. He had to grow up right?

Sitting in obvious inner turmoil Lily failed to notice that Harry had wandered into the room. He staggered to the fridge and slowly opened it to grab a half galleon of milk. The door shutting woke Lily form her self induced stupor. She looked down at her son and knew she was worried over very little. Between Sirius, Remus, Severus, and herself Harry knew more jinxes and curses than half the school. And he would have some of the Order's most powerful members to watch him. She could let him go and be happy. Besides if any thing happened she could always come and protect him like she had been for the last ten years. Yes as she watched her son slowly munch on a spoon fully of Crunch Berries she knew that she would have to let him grow up some time, even if she didn't want him to. Like the saying goes sometimes you get what you want, but most times you don't.

A/N Enjoy everyone I hope you have as much fun reading this as I have writing it. Later
Sign up to rate and review this story