Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Just For the Attention

Dear Studio Audience

by silencing 3 reviews

The press conference finally takes place.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2008-04-07 - Updated: 2008-04-08 - 2714 words - Complete

0Unrated
a/n- Alright. Lifetime update, I GET TO MEET PANIC ON SUNDAY (oh yea and see the concert, but I GET TO MEET THEM) I basically being forced into giving them this story (once it goes through massive editing, and I change Keltie's name), so look for my autographed cover page on the yahoo website. PS Now is a better time than EVER to join the group, because NIK AND DANI HAVE FACEBOOKS. No seriously, go look up Dani Bryant and Nikol Corbett on facebook, find out what they're up to. Also the Yahoo! Group has an interesting cookie up for grabs, the email conversation that takes place in this chapter. So check it out: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/justfortheattention/

And PLEASE REVIEW! I love the feedback!!!

*

Nikol was alone the next morning when the phone woke her up with its shrill ring, which was why it took her a few moments to remember where she was. It didn't take too long though once she took a look around. Her eyes fell on the abandoned cup, the Gamecube and numerous candy wrappers immediately reminding her of the night before including the comfort of hanging with Ryan, to the sounds, to her bold dive into Ryan's bed. A flush painted her cheeks as she remembered being so close to him the night before. Though she had no proof (since Ryan had obviously taken off for his morning coffee), she vaguely recalled him not avoiding her in his sleep and what could possibly be considered 'cuddling'.
She smiled and sat up, picking up the phone just to throw it back down on the cradle and quickly checked the room for anything she might have left behind. They were scheduled to be leaving the hotel in an hour for the quick two hour drive towards the daunting panel interview that the shy Nikol was not looking forward to at all. Seeing nothing of great importance, she quickly left the room and headed to hers.
She stopped at the door when she finally reached it, listening for any indications that it's occupatants had continued their 'fun' as a wake up call, but she heard nothing but silence and deemed the room safe to enter. Unfortunately this wasn't entirely true, as Brendon and Danielle had apparently had a sheet fight over the course of the evening, and now neither one of them were really covered, but didn't seem to mind as they were perfectly content with staring at each other.
Well they were until Nikol's entrance, which caused them to jump about a foot in the air. Danielle scrambled to grab the sheets and cover themselves as much as possible, turning redder than she ever had before.
“Oh shit. Good morning, Nik. How are you doing?” she couldn't reach her friend's eyes, and just stared blankly at Brendon's chest, which was heaving with laughter.
“Having a good morning I take it?”
“And a good night, but I can't believe I forgot that you wouldn't have anywhere to sleep. Fuck Nikol, where did you go?”
“We'll talk about it later, but we gotta get moving, bus leaves in an hour.”
“Oh I'm so not looking forward to that,” Dani sighed and turned to Brendon, who was fishing off his side of the bed for his clothes, “We'll talk to them later right?” she questioned.
“Of course, when we meet up in the lobby.”
Dani sighed again, not looking forward to any part of the day, “Alright then, I'll see you soon.”
They exchanged parting kisses and words, which Nikol tried to ignore as she went about packing up what little had escaped from her suitcase the night before. As soon as Brendon had left, clothes thrown on carelessly, she turned around to her friend who was still sitting sheepishly in the bed.
“Okay. Spill”
*
It was about twenty minutes later that the two girls finally lugged their baggage downstairs where they found the band sitting and eating breakfast in the cafe. The girls quickly beelined towards them, and set their bags off to the side, and took seats at the table, Dani between Brendon and Spencer and Nik between Ryan and Jon. They ate in relative silence for awhile, only light conversation was really exchanged as they focused on what was coming up that day.
Since the tour had taken off so close to the release of the CD, there had been very few interviews conducted. Mostly they had been about what the tour was going to be like with the five performers, and what they thought of the album. Nothing had really gone in depth though, so their publicist had decided to set up a free-for-all interview once they reached New York. That way the press would have a feel of the album and the tour, and would have a lot more to question them about. They had decided to include the performers themselves since everyone had taken an interest in them. The band was looking forward to it (for the most part), but Dani was mostly dreading it since she knew what had to be done.
She sat quietly, eating with her left hand since her right had been claimed by Brendon. Finally after a few moments, there was a lull in the conversation and she cleared her throat.
“So...we've got that wonderful panel thing today, and uh...well Brendon and I were talking and we kinda wanted to come clean about our relationship today. We thought this would be probably our best opportunity to do it, but I wanted to make sure,” she paused and stole a look at Brendon, “Okay, we wanted to make sure that you guys would be okay if we did that. Today. Since it's not supposed to be about us. If it's not okay that's fine...” she trailed off ubruptly, feeling foolish.
When she finally looked up at everyone at the table, she was greeted only with smiles.
“Of course that's fine,” Spencer, who had become her sounding board, much like Jon with Nikol, “They'll probably ask you about it anyway, considering Bden knows how to make a spectacle. Why no just get it out there? That way you can gross everyone else out?”
The table was scattered with laughter, and Danielle smiled, glad to have everyone on her side. She took to her breakfast a bit more enthusiatically this time as everyone on the tour slowly made their way downstairs and into the cafe. By the time they were ready to load the buses, they had taken over almost every table, and their exit made other hotel patrons extremely happy.
They quickly loaded the buses, Dani reluctantly parting with Brendon, but starting a massive text war with him the moment she got settled. Nikol gave parting hugs to Ryan and Jon, then walked slowly up the stairs of the bus as if it was her death march. She laughed at her friend, who was hovering over her computer on one of the front couches, and headed to the back of the bus to read. She lugged her computer out at one point, and the two exchanged emails which kept them occupied for most of the ride. Finally, after a quick nap, they arrived in New York City in front of the hotel where the press who be assaulting them with questions in a just one short hour.
The press was already swarming when they were ushered inside, and Danielle felt the desperate need to cling to Brendon. Unfortunately she wouldn't be allowed to do this until the damn interview was over, so instead she clung to Juliette who would be watching the interview from the wings with Claire. They talked quietly, discussing the events of the last fews days, and once they were inside everyone split off into hair and makeup to prepare for the press conference. Finally it was an hour later, and they were ushered onto the stage, where they were greeted by the blinding flashes of cameras and the buzzing of the press hounds.
*
They sat down at the table which stretched the length of the stage that had been set up in the hotel's ballroom. Placards were dictating where they would be sitting, starting with the band on the right side of the stage, and the performers lined up in random order on the left. They sat quietly, talking amongst themselves, until one of the representatives from the label called up everyone's attention. He briefly explained what the conference was being held for, and thanked everyone for coming. He quickly introduced the band and the performers, and then with no more hesitation, he opened the floor for questioning.
What seemed like thousands of hands sprung up the air, and more people from the label, made their way through the crowd choosing reporters at random. The first question came from a young reporter up front who looked like she was from a magazine. She stood to question them.
She gave a brief intro, so people could take down her name for reference, standard procedure, then continued, “This is for anyone in the band: What has been your favourite part of this tour?”
Spencer smiled, and took the lead, “I think for me it's mostly been getting to know all the people that have joined us this time around. They're all incredible performers and we enjoy spending time with them. It's really been an amazing experience.”
Jon continued when Spence looked like he was done, “I've also really enjoyed performing all of our new songs. Being there when they were written this time was pretty incredible for me, and it's amazing when you hear people singing along to all the new material.”
Brendon nodded, “I pretty much agree with both of them. I love being able to sing and perform more, but I love the fact that we have this whole new element to the show.”
Ryan piped in, “Yea, it's been pretty amazing. I mean this time there haven't been any shows where's there's been a half filled audience, so to take the stage every night knowing that it's going to be more amazing that the last is pretty fulfilling.”
The reporter thanked them and sat down, and the next was already standing and parading off their question, “For the performers, what is your favourite costume that you perform in each night.”
Danielle breathed a big sigh of relief as Brian started by answering the question, this wasn't going to be so bad. Each one of them rattled off an answer, each sounding relieved at the question.
Nik looked at Dani, begging her to go first with her eyes, so she cleared her throat and answered, “Well I really love my solo costume, but I think my favourite is the one I wear for 'Mad As Rabbits', which is this full body piece that looks like its two pieces. There's this rhinestone chain that runs across the fabric in the middle and this gorgeous drapery skirt. It's so comfortable and gorgeous.”
Nikol sent her a glare, probably meaning she didn't think her friend's answer had been long enough, “I'm fond of what I wear for 'We're So Starving'. It's this strapless corset worn over these tight black shorts, it's comfortable, and I can actually wear the shorts for most of the show, which I think's really convienient.”
The next question was off before they had time to react: “What do you miss the most while your on tour?”
This one seemed like a general question, so after Brendon and Jon had answered, “Free time,” and “Cassie,” respectibly, Nikol felt the need to put in her own answer, “Nothing really, what I would miss is my best friend, but she's here with me.”
Dani tacked her own answer on before they got impatient and moved on, “I miss my bed. Seriously, I have this double padded mattress, and after just one week of sleeping on the bunks in the buses my back was screaming for some comfort. The occasional hotel stops are nice, but not frequent enough really.”
A young intern from MTV stood up and asked the next question, “Ok boys, Boxers or Briefs.”
Although Danielle already knew one of the answers, she laughed as the boys responded.
Spencer, “Well I used to wear boxers, but then Borat came out and I've now adapted his swimsuit as my comfortable undergarmets.”
The rest of the boys caught on. Jon declared that he wore a speedo, Ryan accused himself of wearing a g-string thong, but Brendon's was the most simplistic.
“Commando!” he said and threw his hands up. The whole room burst out laughing, and then the interview continued.
The next question was the one Danielle had been dreading, “So has there been any romance blooming on the tour?” She flushed, and immediately her eyes cut to Brendon begging him to start with their explanation. They were cut off though by Tracy.
“Yea, Chris here managed to bag himself the tall lanky blonde dancer, what's her name again?”
“Claire,” Chris answered, obviously not wanting to discuss his love life, when they were obviously talking about something else.
Brendon smiled, “Well there's been that, and there's been the recent rumours that something has been going on between Danielle, our twirler, and I. I guess this would be the best time to come out and say that, yes it's true. Dani and I are in a relationship, and have been for about a month now.”
There were scattered whispers in the room as everyone scrambled to write down this bit of gossip.
Danielle piped up with what she had rehearsed saying, “But we do want it known that it was nothing that was planned. I came on this tour to perform, and becoming friends with the band was an unexpected bonus. What happened, or is happening between Brendon and I is because of a mutual feeling. It wasn't anything planned, I promise. But sometimes you can't help who you love,” she smiled at her boyfriend, who was beaming right back at her as dozens of cameras flashed at the photo op.
After dropping that bomb, Dani didn't remember much of the rest of the interview. There were a few favourite questions dropped, 'What's your favourite curse word?' turned in some interesting responses. The most memerable of these was when someone threw out the question, “Blonde or Brunette?”
Typical answers flew out of everyone's mouths, but Ryan tripped over his words, “Bl—br—re....girls,” he finished, his eyes darting at Nikol, who was staring at the table and pretending she wasn't blushing as much as she was.
Most of the questions were aimed at the boys, but when they were intended for the performers, they gladly responded. Finally the representative said that they had time for one final question, which turned out to suprise everyone in the room.
“So...Brendon, could we see some evidence of this relationship you say you're in?”
Dani's face fell from the smile she had plastered since they had walked into the room to obvious shock at the person who had had the nerve to ask this question. Brendon on the other hand, after a moment of shock, started grinning wildly, and stood up from his chair, with obvious purpose. Danielle was only sitting two seats away from him, separated by Jon, who now scooted back in his chair to watch as Brendon extended his hand to his girlfriend. She took it, shaking her head, and flushing more than she ever had in her life.
After she had stood he pulled her tightly to him and whispered in her ear, “I love you,” before leaning back, running a hand down the side of her face, and leaning in to give her one of the most tender kisses she had ever received in her life.
Over the flashing of cameras and the hollering from everyone in the room, no one noticed the longing look that Ryan briefly flashed at Nikol until she caught his eyes, his expression reflected on her face.

*
Post a/n: ONCE AGAIN: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/justfortheattention/ http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/justfortheattention/ http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/justfortheattention/
Ignore the parental warning that won't disappear
Sign up to rate and review this story