Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Life You Created

A Game of Cat and Mouse

by Moonshyne 0 reviews

Ray and Mary play a game of cat and mouse but are there any winners?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Ray Toro - Published: 2008-04-09 - Updated: 2008-04-10 - 975 words - Complete

0Unrated
Mary’s POV

I can’t believe I’m standing in front of the man that killed my mother. I wonder if he even knows who I am. He must. But then again he hasn’t seen me since I was born. I really just want to go over and punch his lights out, but first I need information like how does he know my dad? Or does he? He must he was over Brianna’s and they were talking about him. This is so fucking confusing. What’s that old saying keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Well Mr. Toro I’m sticking with you like glue.

Ray’s POV

I can’t believe in front of me is my goddaughter. She’s so beautiful. It seems that Bob did a great job raising her. Kenny was right, if there were two people that needed each other it was Bob and Mary. God there was so many questions I want to ask her. How’s Bob? Is he okay? Does he still hate us? I guess since he hasn’t called we know the answer to that one.

Mary’s POV

“So what are you cooking, Mr.Toro?”

“Veggie burger. Would you like one?”

“Sure, my Dad loves these you know.”

“Really? Michael told us about your mom. I’m sorry to hear that.”

I bet you are Toro, “Thank you. I don’t think they ever caught the guy.”

Ray’s POV

I wanted to scream, yes they did and he got life. It seemed he was fleeing from a rape and murder scene. I was questioned but they didn’t need me as a witness as I saw nothing. I heard Bob went to the sentencing hearing. I wonder why he never said anything to her.

“I think I remembered that on the news and they did catch they guy. He got life.”

Mary’s POV

What? That was never part of my theory. So if Ray didn’t kill my mom, why has my father hid him all this time and what do I have the right to know.

Michael and I followed Ray to a picnic table. Sitting there was Michael’s mom and dad, Frank and woman who I assume was his wife, a brunette with glasses who smiled at Ray as he walked over, so that must be his wife and lastly a pretty brunette who had some gray running through her hair.

“This is Jamia, Frank’s wife,” introduced Ray, “my wife Christa and lastly Katlyn.” Then he turned to everyone and said, “Everyone this is Mary Green, Michael’s girlfriend.

Girlfriend, when did I become his girlfriend?

“I’m pleased to meet all of you.”

There weren’t the stares that there previously was. I imagine Frank and Gerard forewarned them. We started eating I noticed every once in awhile Katlyn was looking at me. I wonder what her problem was.

Ray’s POV

I wish Kat would stop looking at her. She’s a direct reminder how Bob broke her heart all those years ago. She never got over it. How could she staring at his face everyday. Brian really did try to provide the best for her and took care of her, he even loved her. But in the end it was still always Bob.

I was sad when Nate couldn’t come, but now I’m kinda glad. I can’t even imagine what would happen if these two met.

Hours later

I can’t believe how great this party is. We talked a lot about Bob for the first time in ages. But I don’t think Mary has connected the two yet. Just as well. I really think that is a conversation she and Bob should have. I have to admit he did a great job of raising her. I’m so glad they ended up back together.

Mary’s POV

This wasn’t supposed to happen. When I met Ray I hated him, but he won me over. There is something so charming and infectious about him. He really grows on you. I feel bad that he has no idea who I am. You think the last name would give it away. They keep going on and on about this Bryar guy. Kat must really have loved him, her face lights up at his name.

We’re going to the basement to watch a really old video of the band from the early days. It’s called Life on the Murder scene and I finally get to see what this Bob character looks like.

We watched the introduction it was weird they never really showed Bob only for a split second. The funny thing is to me he sort of looked like my dad with blonde hair.

'The Band Members'. They started with Michael’s namesake his uncle Mikey. He looks so different then he does now. And Michael looks like his father. First Michael’s dad talked. Then Bob talked but it was my dad’s voice coming out of him. What the fuck is going on.

Ray’s POV

I was helping Christa, Anjelica and Frankie clean up outside when I noticed that Mary was missing.

“Sweetie, do you know where Mary is?”

“A bunch of them went downstairs to watch ‘Life on the Murder Scene’.”

Fuck.

I ran inside and downstairs but it was too late. She sat there as we all talked about Bob with tears in her eyes.

“Shut it off,” I said.

I took Mary by the hand and helped her off the couch and held her tight as she cried. “Why?” She cried into my chest. “Why did he have to lie to me? My whole life is a lie.”

I had no answer for her so I just held her.
Sign up to rate and review this story