Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans > A Dish Best Served Cold

Some Much Needed Shelter

by Count-Le-Madphantom 1 review

Rock climbing and severe heat may lead to fainting...

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Beast Boy, Cyborg, Gizmo, Jinx, Raven, Robin, Slade, Starfire - Warnings: [!] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-02-12 - Updated: 2006-02-12 - 764 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: Still don't own Teen Titans and never will...so there.


A Dish Best Served Cold - Chapter One



"Ha! Got ya! Score another one for Cyborg!"

"Dude! That is SO not fair! You've got a shotgun!"

"Beast Boy, you got a rocket launcher!!"

"Um.... it still isn't fair!"

Cyborg and Beast Boy were on the couch, controllers in hand, playing versus mode on some obscure shooter game.

"Ugh...could you two make any more noise at all? I'm trying to read here..." Raven groans looking up from her book.

"Well couldn't you read in your room?" The green shape-shifter retorted.

"I tried.... but I could still hear you two arguing."

Cyborg spoke up looking mildly offended "hey, we ain't arguin'! We're just having a.... uh.... vigorous discussion."

The dark telepath sighed. "Whatever... do what you want. I'm going outside to meditate."


And so she did. She walked out some ways 'til she got to a large cliff edge just above the sea. For once today she sighed in contentment...it was much nicer out here anyway...without those guys fighting over their stupid games...without Star's high pitched, cheerful banter...only the sounds of nature....


Cough.... hack...wheeze...sputter.


".... What the..?"


Looking up suddenly from her meditation, Raven gasped as she saw a boy, in white robes and a blue metallic chest and shoulder armor with a furry cape, crawling slowly and desperately up and over the edge of the cliff.


"Pant...pant.... oh man.... thought I'd never..."


Suddenly the exhausted stranger realized he wasn't alone.


"Oh...uh...hey.... wazzup?" He managed to wheeze, before promptly passing out, leaving the bemused sorceress to stare at his unconscious form


"Uhh...oh-kay...THAT was random." She said blinking. "But I guess I can't just leave him here..." With that, she lifted him up with her dark telekinesis and began carrying him back to the tower.

Meanwhile back inside the tower, a certain young alien was trying to break up a fight.

"Man, I'm sick of your attitude! You're just a sore loser, that's all!"


"Me?! At least I'm not the cheater!"


"Cheater?! Why you little tofu slurpin'...."


"Friends, please! You mustn't fight like this!"


Finally, a much more irritated voice broke the cacophony. "GUYS!! PLEASE!!"



All three immediately fell silent and cowered from a very irritated Robin, whom had just emerged from his room.

"You guys are makin' so much noise, I can't think straight!"

"We are sorry Robin...truly we are..." volunteered Star, in a rather soft and dejected voice.

He sighed heavily in response. "It's fine...just...please try to restrain yourselves a little more, alright?"



"Speaking of restraint..."
Everybody in the room jumped at the soft, gravelly voice, but was relieved when they realized it was just Raven.

But they quickly became alarmed again when she lifted up a strange looking white haired boy with her powers. "Look what followed me home...can we keep it?" she said in her typical monotone.

Star was the first to speak up "R-Raven! What have you done to him?!"

"I beg your pardon...I haven't done anything, except save his skin. He just came crawling up the Cliffside outside the tower...the one overlooking the sea...then he just kind of took a nap."

She used telekinesis to lift him over the couch and drop him there.

Robin looked the stranger over.

"Well.... what should we do with him?" Robin wondered

"We must help him! He is obviously in need of medical help! Just look at how pale-faced he is!" Star cried.

Beast Boy just frowned. "But isn't that being a little too friendly? I mean, sure, were heroes and all, but for all we know, this guy could be another one of those H.I.V.E. rejects! He sure looks strange enough to be one."

"My apologies.... but at least I'm not green... and I certainly do not have hives." came an icy voice from out of nowhere.

Star yelped, Raven gasped, Cy jumped, Robins eyes bugged out behind his mask, and beast boy just looked dumbstruck...more so than usual, that is.

Then, they all simultaneously turned to face the stranger on the couch, who lifted his head weakly to address them.


"Oh, and, by the way.... the name's Sub-Zero."

-----------------------------------------------------------------


The plot thickens! Just who is this "Sub-Zero"? What is his purpose? How did he get here? And why was he climbing up that cliff? Also, will it rain tomorrow? Find out these answers and more in the next action-packed installment!!......
.... But seriously, all cheesiness aside folks, read and review!

--Count Le Madphantom
Sign up to rate and review this story