Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Boy Who Vanished

The Shadow of the Day

by Immortal7 3 reviews

End to the fist day of school.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Barty Crouch Jr.,Bellatrix,Harry,Hermione,Pansy - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2008-04-12 - Updated: 2008-04-13 - 6517 words

4Original


Disclaimer: Idon't own anything in this fic except the way it is being presented to you.

A/N: Welcome back to all those have been following my little dabbleinto the HP universe. I'm sorry for delay, but believe it or not I am writing this story as I go. I have notes but no previous drafts expect what I revise as I go. Well enough of my ramblings I like to thank all the people who reviewed. And here is the next chapter. Any errors are my own and I apologize in advance

Chapter 4 The Shadow of a Day

Harry felt the world turn as they entered the class room with the spectral teacher. The girls choose a few seats close to the middle so they could talk, but still pay attention. The rest of the room filled up quick and Harry found himself sitting next to Ron. The red head kept staring at him. Harry ignored him and listened to the girls in front of him as they wondered what the first lesson would be about. "Class." Harry turned his attention to the figure in front of him. Harry felt himself focusing on a sheet of parchment in front of him as the teacher started to rant on the importance of History. The whole class seemed to go way to slow to keep his attention.

As the lecture came to an end Harry felt a great relief come form the ability to walk again. He was suddenly grabbed from behind and he turned to see Hermione and Pansy jump back. Their reactions startled him. He looked down and saw his wand pointed at them. "You okay Harry?" Hermione spoke up fast to get the situation over the hump form startling him.

"Yeah I am. Sorry about that." He noticed that they relaxed a bit. "Am I the only one that found that to be completely boring?" He almost laughed as the shocked expressions formed on their faces. "Oh come on you two can tell me I promise not to ruin your reputations or anything." His play nice smile appeared and was sitting firmly on his face to stop the conversation form back peddling to his reaction to being touched.

Pansy spoke first. "Well it was educational at least." With that both girls broke into asmile. "Yet I feel it will take a lot more independent study to actually get any decent understanding of the course."

"Is that anice way of saying it was horrible Pansy?" Harry smirked at the look of understanding on both girls face. "Don't worry your secret is safe with me you two." Harry felt truly happy for the first time in a couple of days. He walked in between them as they walked to the Great Hall. The trio sat down and waited for the food to appear on the table and let any conversation that was about to be started drop in exchange for a quick snack in the afternoon.

"Why are classes so separated here?" Harry looked at Hermione as she spoke. He took asecond to respond, but she added more before he could. "I mean we have a total of what seven classes a year till third year and we only have each once aweek."

"It's because the staff is so short handed. Not that it demises the education any it has just always been this way. There is a limit at how many people are allowed to enroll each year. They literally take those with the most potential each year. My father said that it is a limit of like forty students and something like afifty- fifty mix of male and female. It use to be different, but the feminism wave in the forty's thru the seventies changed the procedure since muggle born witches and wizards wanted a slight change. My father still complains that females need to know their place in life. A lot of witches are lucky to make it here. At least pureblood witches because at one point they were taught at home with just enough knowledge to take care of the house." She stopped when she realize she was speaking so long and she was deviating form the question. "It boils down to the fact that there are very few masters in the different fields to teach the subjects and from what I have heard from the older students in my house we will have extensive essays and spell practices outside of class. You quickly learn which students put in the extra effort and who just wants to pass and get a job in an office as a sheep of the ministry."

Hermione just sat their and absorbed all the information that she had heard. She ate some more and stared at the table. "So where do we fit in after we graduate? You make it sound as if women don't have a lot of say in the magical world." She grasped her fork a little harder than normal and kept a distilled presence of anger to her presence.

Harry kept looking at her and shifted in his seat. "You do and you don't. One of the number one things to remember is that a lot of this only applies to magical Britain. My mother says that alot of witches move on to America or France since they don't seem to have the same problems with it as Britain does especially non magical born witches." He could feel some of the table look at him form his use of words. "The community here is relatively against a woman in charge of a lot of things. You have your rare occurrences of course like Madam Bones and the teachers here, but it takes a lot to over come the obstacles that are placed in your path. However a lot of the so called pureblood witches and even some of the magical born half blood witches are married off and ether are submissive after the extensive training their upbringing causes or they control their husbands from the back ground. Much like the saying behind every great man is agreater woman. They never get the credit, but they are rewarded in having abetter life." He stopped eating as the conversation caused a deep feeling of hatred in his body. He mentally watched as tidbits of a different conversation passed through his head that involved a slightly plump red headed woman explained it to him bringing the hatred even closer to the surface. He could tell his sudden stop was causing a few looks. He gave a slight shudder as the anger pressed hard.

Finally after he felt he couldn't control it Harry got up and threw his fork down in disgust and left the table. The clank of the fork brought the table from the shock of hearing their culture diminished so quickly. Harry left the Great Hall and started walking the halls as a few different images of his past crossed over the surface of his thoughts. He remembered a few arguments between his mother and his two oldest Uncles on her plans to leave for a different country. He could remember the arguments that she might be found and the results of such athing. He wasn't supposed to be home yet, but the school had let them go early to beat the coming snow storm. He just watched the way his Uncles basically brought it down that he was more important then his mother's current happiness.

He had refused to speak to both of his Uncles for making his mother seem like an insignificant obstacle in his own rise to greatness. Harry let the anger flow off of him as he relived the memory. In the end he was positive the only reason he was even in Hogwarts to have this thought was the fact the ministry wouldn't let his Uncle Remus leave the country due to him being a dark creature and they didn't want to accidentally unleash a monster on the world at their expense.

The memory distracted him enough so when he opened his eyes he didn't remember where he was or how he got here. The hall was dark with only one torch every thirty meters or so. He could see a door in front of him and decided to walk towards it to see where it led. Just as he reached for the door handle a figure came through the oak door. "You are not allowed to enter this door." Harry jumped back at the ghost in front of him. He recognized him as his own house ghost."Now be a good lad and go back the way you came."

"I don't know where I am or I would. I just wanted to enter the room to look out a window so I could see where in the castle I was." Sir Nick glanced at him.

"You must be afirst year than." Harry nodded his head at the comment. "Okay you are on the third floor. Just turn around and head down the corridor until you come to adoor on the left. If you go through there just follow the center stair case and you will be in the same hall as the library. Have a good day than." The Ghost didn't wait for Harry to answer and disappeared back behind the door. Harry just turned and followed the directions that he had received until he came to the library. He headed from their towards the Gryffindor portrait. The common room was empty leaving Harry ample enough time to just relax in the chair he had found Hermione in that morning. The beam of sun light warmed his body and quicker than he would like he found himself falling asleep in the plush chair letting the day wash over him.

As Harry slept Hermione and Pansy sat at a table in the back of the library. Neither girl had spoken out loud at since the incident in the great Hall an hour ago. The duo had left the table not long after Harry and had gone to library looking for afeeling of comfort. The two were both in a different text book, but the pages were not being turned. "Is what Harry said true about the magical situation here in Britain?"

Pansy dropped her book and looked at her new friend with a look of pity and jealousy. "For the most part yes that is how it is. Look you don't have to worry about it. You don't have to worry about it right now. You have seven years and than you can do what ever you want. Maybe not all that you can do is here in Britain, but you can at least do it somewhere else." Her tone passed on the bitterness in her voice.

Hermione wanted to keep the discussion going, but she could tell that what ever she said would not go over well. "Look Hermione I was raised with this whole situation being hammered in to my brain for as long as I could remember so don't worry about it. This is how the world is right now and will be for a while. I mean until Istarted talking to you on the train I was set up to marry Draco. I will be in alot of trouble for messing that up, I'll deal with it and you can move on so can we drop this." Hermione just grabbed her book letting Pansy know that the conversation was over for now. They both read in silence and pushed on for the next few hours until Madam Pince announced that it was time for dinner. Hermione and Pansy both gathered up their belongings and moved out towards the Great Hall.

They noticed right away that Harry wasn't at the table, but sat down to eat none the less. Both girls put just a little food on their plates. The whole hall was subdued from the first day back and a few of the first years at other tables seemed alittle homesick. Hermione was slowly stirring a minuscule amount of mash potatoes on her plate when a voice came from across the table. "Come on pass the peas." She saw the latest annoyance in her life biting at a small Indian girl at the table. Hermione studied the girl for a second she was one of her room mates. It took her a second but she finally remembered her name.

"Ron, just leave Parvati alone. It's not like you don't have enough on your plate." She could see his anger from her scolding, but she shrugged it off and looked over at Parvati to make sure she was okay. Hermione watched the smaller girl and noticed that she was slightly jumpy to the whole school situation. She wasn't filled with a look of homesickness more of a wary posture. It was only highlighted by the faint scar on her left check. She must have appeared to be staring because Pansy lightly kicked her in the shin breaking her concentration. She looked over to her newly found friend and received a look saying she would be told later.

"Do you think Harry is okay?" Pansy started up the conversation to get Hermione's inquisitive nature off her class mates. "He still hasn't shown up for dinner."

Hermione took the hint and answered with a quick response of her own. "I'm sure he is fine. If he doesn't make it down I'll check on him tonight. I'm sure that he is just in the common room." They went back to the food on their plates when a figure sat down next to them and silent placed some food on his plate. Hermione watched as Harry silently ate without looking at anyone. It was more like he was not really there and the body was just acting on a survival instinct. She could tell that Pansy was watching him with the same intensity that she was. She reached out and gently laid her hand on his shoulder to get his attention. He didn't react to the touch in any way. She watched as he still placed alittle bit of food in his mouth chewing at a slightly scary and orderly pace.

She was about to talk to him when two owls landed right in front of her. The sudden appearance of the avian presence startled her and she leaned back into Pansy. She watched as Harry methodically grasped the letters from the birds and send them back off with a few scraps meat in their beaks. She watched him look the names on the letters. The first was Son. The second was Midget. And the third caused him to tense. She didn't catch the name on the third. She turned and tried to lose herself in her food.

She watched as Harry stopped eating and left the table just leaving most of his food on the plate. "Did you see what was bothering him?" Hermione just shook her head and let the conversation die before it started.

Harry walked quickly to the gargoyle statue like the letter had told him to. The statue glared at him like it wanted him to get in a contest with it. "Now and Later." The statue moved as he spoke the password he was given. He walked up the steps and wandered towards the door at the end of the hall much like earlier in the day. Just as he hit the threshold the door opened and aburst of light blinded him.

"Come on in Mister Potter. I admit I didn't think you would show up so soon." Harry cleared his eyes and entered the room. He could see the man who had bid him welcome sitting behind a large wooden desk in the back of the room. He moved forward until he was standing in front of a large chair. "Please have a seat Harry." He watched as the Headmaster waved his hand in the direction of the chair. "Can Ioffer you a lemon drop?"

"No thank you Headmaster." Harry sat down and noticed he was slightly at a lower level than the man in front of him. "May ask why I am here Sir?" Harry tilted his head so he looked up to the schools current leader. "Am I in trouble?"

"No, my dear boy I was told that you came across a door way today and wanted to make sure that you knew that you knew to not talk to anyone about it." Harry watched as the man in front of him fiddled with a few rolls of parchment.

"I understand, Sir. Is that all, Sir?" Harry waited to be dismissed.

"Yes it is Mister Potter." Harry scowled at the use of the name.

"Not to be rude Sir, but that is not my name. As I understand it you were the one who made sure that it was not my name so I would appreciate it if you stopped calling me it." He stood at the end of his little speech.

"Now Harry you now that you will become Lord Potter when you turn seventeen. I only made sure that you would gain full control of your inheritance when it came time." Harry clenched his fist at the sloppy smile the Headmaster was giving him.

"No, you punished my mother for not following your stupid little plan that night. My mother told me everything that she could about why things are the way they are. So since you made the law and had it passed in the Wisengamot that non magical born wizards and witches could not take control of the estates that they might inherit due to death." Harry turned and headed form for the door way. "And that only at my seventeenth birthday when they perform a spell to make sure that Iam the heir. So than and only than will be the time when you can call me Mr. Potter or Lord Potter. So with all due respect Sir until that time my name is Harry Evans Sir."

"I didn't mean to offend Mr. Pot... Mr. Evans. I'm sure that you have classes to prepare for so I'm sorry for impeaching on your time. Have a good evening." Harry didn't bother to respond and gently shut the door behind him. He walked down the spiral stair and waited for the gargoyle to move so he could get out. The sound of the stone piece sliding back into Harry turned and punched the wall in front of him. His anger masked his current pain.

Harry ignored the pain until the fat lady opened up and he walked into his common room. Once he was inside he crashed on the couch. He finally looked down at his hand and grimaced at the scrapped flesh and blood. "You should have Madam Pompfrey take a look at that."

The voice came from behind him and he turned and answered. "It's fine."

"Sure it is and falling off a broom at a few hundred meters only leaves a scratch. Look she will just get you out really fast okay." The woman glaring down at him didn't seem the type to take no for an answer though. The scowl on her face could put his mother to shame.

"Don't worry Angelina. I'm positive that I can take care myself." He walked off towards the boy dorms only to struggle holding in a smirk as one of the twins made acomment on how nobody had ever shut her up so fast.

After reaching the top of the staircase he quickly grabbed some clothes from the wardrobe next to his bed and headed to the bathroom. He headed to an empty stall. He shifted the water on to almost near scarring hot wand stepped under letting the water rinse off the nonexistent grime of the day. He ran a small amount of soap across his body trying to minimize the exposure on the cuts in his hand. He clinched his teeth as the soap traveled into the wounds. He waited for another few minutes and walked out of the stall with a towel draped across his midsection. He walked back to his dorm and weaved in and out of his dorm mate's beds. His was in the back of the room where his mother told him to be. He knew it was more because she was mildly paranoid, but just did it to calm her. Harry ran a hand through his hair to brush the thoughts out of his head. Just before getting dress he waved his wand over the cuts on his hand and they closed enough to not let any dirt in them. Next he reached in to the wardrobe next to his bed and grasped a few pieces of clothes. As he started to get dressed avoice behind him brought him form the task half done.

"What is your problem with me?" Harry turned around and saw Ron standing behind him. "You have been cold to me ever since the boat ride." Harry turned back around and buttoned up a shirt hoping it would be signal enough to have the conversation dropped. "Come on I want to know what I did that has you and your little girl group pissed at me."

Harry turned back to the red head as he finished buttoning up his shirt. "You're rude, but to be more detailed you just do. Don't take it personal mate a lot of people do for less around me. So does that is the answer to your question?" Harry sat down on his bed and placed some socks on his feet waiting for Ron to answer.

"So is that it. You don't know and I just annoy you. Well bugger off. You're not that bloody important to think any one is below you." He stopped for a second and Harry watched as his face started to match his face. "And another thing I'm not your mate."

"One I don't think I'm that important. Most people get on my nerves and piss me off. I told you not to take it personal. And I'm sorry for calling you mate. I won't make that mistake again. So unless you have another complaint about our non-existent relationship I have some studying to do so have a nice night." Harry grabbed his trainers and book bag as he walked out the dorm room.

As he was halfway down the spiral staircase Harry sat down and laced up his trainer so he wouldn't dirty his socks anymore. He noticed that the room had a lot of older students at the tables scribbling quickly to rolls of parchment at what must be the first essays of the year. The couch had an open spot so he sat down there and began read transfiguration book for class the next day. He was a quarter of the way through the third chapter when he looked back up and saw Hermoine come in to the common room. She had a few extra books indicating she had been to the library since dinner. Harry watched her detour over to the couch when she made eye contact with him.

"You okay Harry?" The tone of her voice told him that she was really worried about him."You were on autopilot or something at dinner making Pansy and me worry about you." Harry just dropped the book to his lap.

"Don't worry Hermione. It happens sometimes I sort of blank out but my body keeps working. Its nothing major, but be prepared to see it happen again." He winched a bit at letting such a personal fact out, but he figured it was something she would figure out eventually any way so it was best to get it out.

Hermione frowned at the explanation. "Doesn't anyone know what causes it?"

"No. My mom says that I've been doing it since I was a toddler. All the doctors say nothing is wrong with me physically so unless it causes a problem not to worry about it." He picked is book back up. "Are you ready for class tomorrow?"

"Yeah I think so." Harry watched her take the hint to drop the subject and helped push the new conversation on. "Do you think she will let us do some actual magic in class tomorrow? I mean Defense was nice, but I was looking forward to actually learning some spells today other than what is in the book."

"Don't work we most likely will. I heard Professor McGonagall is really stern so she won't want to let us go like Professor Black will." Harry slid over on the couch alittle letting Hermione have a space on the couch. She sat down and pulled out her own text.

"So any thing else you can tell me about our Professors Harry? You seem to know a lot about them." Hermione opened her book as she asked the question.

Harry just ignored the hidden meaning behind the question. "Not really. Nothing you could have heard if you asked the older students like I'm sure you have by now."

"Okay." She wanted to frown a bit at how easy he dodged her question, but let it go. They both started to read again and the time flew past between them as both were submerged in their copies of the text. Hermione was the first to notice that the common room was empting as other students headed to bed for the night."Harry can I ask you a question?" He just nodded behind the book. "What did you mean by your definition of therapy earlier today? You obviously have lived in the muggle world enough to know that wasn't the meaning I was using." Harry dropped the book to his lap. He had an emotionless look on his face the worried her. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked. It is none of my business."

As she went to get up Harry reached up and pulled her back down. "First quit saying muggle. Its just a term some wizard created to degrade non-magical humans a long time ago. I can't see you using any other racist term so don't use this one." The look on her face told him that his tone was a little to hostile to get his point across. He reached up and took his glasses off for a second rubbing the bridge of his nose in the process. "It just some thing that slipped out okay, Iknow it was not the use you meant I just thought it would make the little speech you gave funnier." He closed his book and stuffed it in to his book bag with out looking her in the face. "Well I'm going to head to bed. I'll see you in the morning."

He got off the couch and started towards the stairs. "Harry I'm sorry." Her voice caused him to stop. "I just let my mouth run away from me."

"Don't worry Iunderstand. Its just I guess my problem is." He stopped and she got up to make sure their conversation stayed more to themselves than with the rest of the common room. "Look Hermione. I don't like to talk about myself. Its just the two of you have me off guard. Most of the time everyone avoids me because they see that I don't want them around, but everyone here seems to want to gravitate around me. I don't take attention well." Harry looked into her eyes and continued. "How does this sound you ask questions since I doubt you are going to be able to hold them in and I'll ether not answer or I will. I just want to be able to have the same privilege and you can not answer or answer like me. How does that sound? Will it keep you obviously curious nature satisfied?"

"Yeah." Harry turned to head back up the stairs. "But the way Isee it you have a few questions to ask me to make it even." Harry could see the smile on her face from the agreement he had created.

"Okay. I want you to remember you don't have to answer." She just nodded and he went ahead."Why are you here?" He could tell his words went in the way he had meant them to as her smile disappeared. "Don't take this the wrong way, but you obviously are observant so why are you here. You had to know that a war was going on. So why did you voluntarily enter it? If you look around a lot of people want to pretend we aren't, but almost everyone here knows that they may die tomorrow. So why do you place yourself in the middle of something like this?" He reached out and grasped her hand to let her know not to take the question to personal."If you answer I don't want your answer right now. Give it a few days and than tell me." He stepped off the stairs never letting go of her hand the whole time. "Come on let's get your stuff and show you up to bed."

She just followed behind him in a in a quit thinking session. She helped him gather her stuff and walk over to the girl's dorm staircase. He had never let go of her hand and as she stepped up to the first step he lifted her hand to his lips and gave it a slight kiss. The action caused a shocked expression to plant itself on her face. "My uncle says that the quickest way to make a woman happy is to do something utterly romantic for them like kiss her hand as you say goodnight. I think its rubbish since he never can keep a girlfriend that long so it must not work that long. What do you think?"

The question brought Hermione out of pondering his previous question. "It only works for ashort time before it is obviously a ploy to make the romantic look good."

"Well the same uncle says I should start young to so I figured it was something along that lines, but did it make you happy for a second?" Harry felt himself smile as she did.

"For a second, but more so after you explain it like you did." She let out a small laugh out."And I wouldn't take his advice on starting young seriously since it more than likely get you in trouble with bad wisdom like that."

"I never plan to. I have found that most of his advice gets me in trouble than out of it. Well goodnight Hermione. I'll see you in the morning."

"Okay Harry. See you in the morning." Harry watched her walk up the steps before heading back up his own steps and lying on his bed. His entire dorm was asleep already. Harry just let his head hit the pillow and kicked his trainers off before closing his eyes.

A figure appeared on the ground floor of a mansion not long after Hogwarts had shut down for the day. The figure walked to the door in the back of the sitting room letting his cane echo on the floor with each step. Just before he reached the door woman stepped out the archway stopping him. "What are you doing here Lucius? You know that unless he summons you that you are not allowed here."

"Step aside Bellatrix. I have news that the master has been wanting for close to ten years." He moved to pass her, but found a wand pointed in to his chest.

"No. He told me to make sure that he was undisturbed for the next day. He is working on an experiment that requires his utmost concentration and no one is allowed in. So tell me your news and move on."

"I will not."He stepped back so that her wand was out of his chest.

"What are you going to do? Sit here and wait like the dog you are to drag your information to him like a thrown ball. You and I both know that you have responsibilities in the ministry to keep up with so waiting all day will not be an option. So just tell me and when our lord emerges I will give him the information." She held in the laugh form the shocked expression on his face. "Oh get over it. And I'll tell him that you supplied the information. You won't lose the credit." She started to wave her wand to prove the point she wouldn't let him pass. "I don't care if he did want the news bad it's not worth a session of the cruciatus curse for you, because good news or not he will use it for disobeying orders."

Lucius stepped back farther. "Fine, tell him that my son said a child with the last name of Evans is going to school with him. It is possible that this maybe the child that he has been looking for."

"Any thing else Lucius?" She watched him shake his head. "Good now leave. I'll tell him when he gets out. And tell my sister that I said hello. Also if she has time I would like to talk to her." She smiled as he just agreed. As soon as he was good she frowned.

"Bellatrix you know as well as I that the master would like to have this news as soon as possible. " She turned to the figure leaning over the railings of the stairs.

"If you are going to have a conversation with me Barty get down here." She waited for the man above her to walk down the steps. She met him and they sat down on the couch in the sitting room. She sat across him. Than she waved her wand placing a silencing charm around them before she started back up. "Of course he would and even if I get a session for delaying the message it will be worth it."

"Are you as stupid as your brother-in-law Bellatrix?" She reached over and slapped him for his comment.

"Don't you ever compare me to that piece of filth again Barty, or you may just end up with the same problem my former husband had, dead and nobody able to find the body."She sat back down bringing a pillow to her chest for comfort. "You know better anyone the results of this war we wage since your father is the minister."

He just agreed and waited to see where she was going. "Well once he hears about this boy who may not even be the child he has been obsessing about for the last decade what do you think he is going to do? Do you think he is going to let a subordinate handle killing the child?"

"Of course not he will want another shot at him just to show us that he isn't weak in our eyes. Why the question when you know the answer?" He sat up straighter with the conversation gaining his interest.

"Are you stupid? The only way to get to the child is ether at home with a tracking charm, which with the way he has been hidden for the last decade he will be checked making that plan impossible. We attack the train station was he comes home which will be filled with tons of Aurors and parents. Or we take on Hogwarts herself. Now you know that I support our cause, but none of those choices appeal to me, how about you? Can you sit there and tell me you want to attack ether place?"

"When you put it that way, no I don't." He sat there and watched her. "What else is bothering you?"

She looked up and squeezed the pillow tighter, more taking out her frustrations than for support. "When we attack do you think you can make your spells a not hit the children? I mean here we are fighting to destroy the influence that muggles have on our society, but lately we just destroy any one that get is our way. How much long will there be any purebloods to fight for? My sister has been trying to have a second child for years. She said it was a miracle that they had Draco. I was with my husband for decades and I'm still childless. Bartemius we have been together for six years and even with a fertility potion I still don't have a child." Her last word came out soft and brought shocked look on Barty's face.

He got up and held the raven haired woman in his arms. "I didn't know." He could feel a few soft tears dampen his shirt.

"I didn't want you to know. I didn't want to look at you and tell you that I had gone barren, or that I think for the most part purebloods as a whole have. Look at us here we are to save us and we are making what is more than likely the resolve to attack the very children we want to protect. You know that is what he will do?I don't care what Lucius thinks we all look the same. In a battle will we be able tell a child from another. I know in the past I wouldn't have worried about it, but I'm not as naive as I use to be. Is one child going to be worth all the pain?" Barty didn't answer her. Instead he just brought her closer to him and held her in his arms. He just rocked his wife assimilating everything she had just told him. He even felt the tears go down his own face as the fact he wouldn't be a father slammed into him. The fact made him hold his usually vindictive wife harder.

End Notes. Okay for once I actually have want to hear what everyone's thoughts on the ideas I laid out in this chapter. The original plot I had is still the same except that I have come across some side route to get there. Now before I get a flame on my dislike of Ron in this, I have a reason for the way he is that will come up later on. Although I am looking forward to the comments on Barty and Bella. In my defense Ithink more of her insanity comes from the fact that she was in Azkaban and not anything else. She has matured more in my story and I hope that I keep her to the liking of everyone. I just find it fascinating at what the magical society would be like if some of Tom's major followers werenot imprisoned since none of his followers were identified without his downfall inspiring the every man for himself attitude. Anyway review, flame, or move on to another story as you like. I hope you enjoyed the chapter and hope to have the next one up sooner than I had this one up. Later everyone

Sign up to rate and review this story