Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Abbey Road Medley

Golden Slumbers

by MasterBakatare-san 0 reviews

ItachiKagome

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Romance - Characters: Kagome - Published: 2008-04-13 - Updated: 2008-04-13 - 741 words

0Unrated
MasterBakatare
January 2008
Room

MB: This is the continuation of Chapter 9: You Never Give Me Your Money

MB: It's part 2 of 3 (third part will be Chapter 16: The End)

Disclaimer: Both the characters in this story and the song, 'Golden Slumbers' belong ONLY to their respective owners.

Once there was a way to get back homeward
Once there was a way to get back home

Opening her eyes, she found herself in Kaede's living arrangements. "How are you this morning, Kagome?"

"Very well, thank you." Smiling at the old woman walking out of the hut, she sighed.

"Hey! Woman! Get up! We were going to visit Sango and the Perv today!"

Sighing again, Kagome rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and quickly got changed. She couldn't help but wonder about the quiet man she left behind on the outskirts of Konoha so many months ago...

Placing her hand over the Shikon Jewel, she began to feel dizzy. "I-Inuyasha... Can we take a break? I don't feel all that well."

"Keh. Damn wench... Fine..." The hanyou walked away grumbling about weak humans.

Closing her eyes, she recognized this sensation. "How is this possible? The jewel is only supposed to grant a single wish..."

Sleep pretty darling do not cry
And I will sing a lullaby

Itachi's blood red eyes shot open as he bolted straight out of bed. Taking a deep breath, his hand clutched his chest. Eyes narrowing, he growled to no one.

He had been dreaming of her again. Her beautiful navy blue orbs seemed to call to him in his dreams... Groaning, Itachi buried his face in his hands.

He just missed her so much...

Not that he'd admit that to anyone... aloud...

Golden slumbers fill your eyes
Smiles awake you when you rise

A pristine white cloaked figure appeared in Kagome's line of vision. "Midoriko-sama!" The girl gasped, "How is this... I mean-"

"When you wish upon this jewel, dear child, you do not call upon the jewel's power... you would need a truly and utterly pure and unselfish wish to do so..."

Kagome nodded, slightly dazed. "You on the other hand, have been drawing on your own powers and channeling them through the jewel in order to grant your wish... that is why it hurts so much to call upon me..."

Her eyes widened, "Please, Midoriko! I miss... him... Take me back... No! Wait!" Grabbing a parchment and quill she wrote a long goodbye to her friends from the past explaining her choice to them before allowing that numb unconscious state of mind overwhelm her knowing that soon she was to be with the man she loved.

Sleep pretty darling do not cry
And I will sing a lullaby

Itachi growled as he got out of bed. He obviously wasn't going to get any sleep that night.

"Damn that wench." He grumbled to himself. Why couldn't he get the foolish disappearing female out of his mind?

Clutching his bare chest, he stumbled over to his clothing drawer and threw it open. Grabbing the shirt on top, he quickly pulled it on and tried to focus on something other than the blinding pain that was currently coursing through his body.

"What the hell is wrong with me?" He groaned as he fell into an welcomed yet unpleasant unconsciousness.

Once there was a way to get back homeward
Once there was a way to get back home

When Kagome opened her eyes, she found herself on a cold bed. Closing her eyes and inhaling deeply, she smiled contentedly. "I'm home," she mumbled.

Sitting up slowly, she looked around. "I-Itachi-kun?" Gasping, she ran to a crumpled person on the ground. "Oh! Itachi! What happened!"

Helping him into a sitting position, she smiled as his dangerous, scarlet eyes fluttered open. "God dammit woman! Why do you haunt me once more..." Closing his eyes again, it was clear to Kagome that he was dreaming.

Sleep pretty darling do not cry
And I will sing a lullaby

Sighing, she kissed him on the forehead and somehow maneuvered him to his bed where she laid him, deciding that she would have to surprise him tomorrow, when hopefully he was more lucid.

Ijou-desu

MB: Curse myself! Why can't I write a sad ending!?!

MB: GRRRRRRR!!!!!! ARRRRRRGH!!! Oh, well... I'll finish it off with a sad one for the next time... so, if you want a happy ending, don't read 'The End' when I publish it! ^_^ G'night!
Sign up to rate and review this story