Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Abbey Road Medley

Carry That Weight

by MasterBakatare-san 0 reviews

AnyoneKagome

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Romance - Characters: Kagome - Published: 2008-04-13 - Updated: 2008-04-13 - 592 words

0Unrated
MasterBakatare
March 2008
Room

Disclaimer: Both the characters in this story and the song, 'Carry That Weight' belong ONLY to their respective owners.

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

He remembered that day so long ago... The day that he left her standing... alone...

She always used to tell him that she hated being alone, but he had still left her there... Closing his eyes, he sighed. "I'm so sorry... I wish... I wish I could take it all back... start over..."

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

His loose clothing fluttered in the gentle kaze, and the otoko felt his eyes burn. "You told me once," he murmured to himself, "that I was too damn proud to cry... You were right... But if you could only see me now..." Feeling a heavy pull on his heart, he sat down.

Her hair used to sway with the wind like they were two parts of a whole, and he remembered how she used to smile at him when he would tell her so.

I never give you my pillow
I only send you my invitation

Burying his face in his calloused hands, he let out a mournful cry, "I was such a fool!" He bemoaned. "How could I have been so stupid..."

Clutching his chest, the young man felt a single tear slip down his cheek. "Come back to me..." he begged in vain, knowing that nothing would bring her back to him.

And in the middle of the celebrations
I break down

'It is the burden that I must forever carry...' he mourned, "I chased her away from me, and I left her there..."

"Forgive me, my love, forgive me... I was such an ignorant child back then..." his pleading was futile, and he knew it. She was gone forever, and never coming back; is words were just floating memories on the breeze.

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Looking down at the accusing grey stone before him, he glared angrily.

"Dammit."

The single word was spat out as if poison. Looking away gravely, he turned to leave the grassy area he was in.

He stood unmoving, feeling the cool drip of blood rain down from his tightly clenched fist. Taking a deep breath, it was obvious that the ninja had no desire to leave. Unclenching his hands, he let his eyes flutter closed as he felt his palms healing.

Cracking open an eye and groaning confusedly, he looked down at his, once damaged, hands. "That's not possible..." Blinking, as if to rid him from false sight, he looked down again.

Still seeing the scarless areas where there should have been at least scabs, he found nothing.

It could have been his chakara, but he highly doubted it. His mind was set on believing that, somehow, she was here, and that she still cared for him...

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

It seemed as if the whole wood was crying with him as he uttered six final, broken, words that echoed, breaking through the forest canopy.

"I love you... Kagome."

Ijou-desu

MB: It's been a long time, now I'm commin' back home...

MB: Sorry, listening to music! ^_^

MB: Anyway, there is no specific person other than Kagome in this fic, so it can be whoever you choose it to be (I originally meant it to be Neji/Kagome, but it took on a life of it's own...)
Sign up to rate and review this story