Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > . . . Fly like an Angel. . .

Always wear cute pajamas.

by Meg2005 0 reviews

You never know who you'll run into in your dreams.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-04-14 - Updated: 2008-04-15 - 1168 words - Complete

0Unrated
As the weeks past, Grace continued to encourage Brendon. He actually liked spending time with her. Brendon fought off feelings that were quickly taking over his heart as this stint in rehab slowly wound down.

‘So what are you going to do when you get out of rehab?’ Grace asked on night as she sat with his guitar in her hands while he lay on the bed.

‘I’m thinking of taking a trip.’ Brendon said before a big yawn.

‘Where are you going to go?’

‘I don’t know, maybe some place on the east coast. I’m thinking about going to a football game.’

‘May I recommend a team?’ she smirked.

‘Sure.’ Brendon chuckled unbeknownst to him his doctor was standing outside the room.

‘Mr. and Mrs. Urie, I have a couple of questions for you.’ Brendon’s doctor said as he sat in the Urie’s living room the next morning.

‘Okay? Is everything alright with Brendon?’

‘Oh yes, everything is great with Brendon he’s progressing very well.’

‘Is there a problem?’

‘Have you ever noticed any strange behavior out of your son?’

‘Not really, why do you ask?’

‘I’m not sure and I haven’t talked to him but have you ever noticed him talking to himself?’

Brendon father began laughing, ‘My son is not insane if that’s what you’re getting at.’

‘It’s just something I’ve noticed about him, in his room, he talks.’

‘Did you ever think maybe he’s on his phone?’

‘I didn’t know he had his phone.’

‘Our son is attached to his phone.’

‘My next question for you two, do you know a girl named Grace Brady?’

‘That our son knows?’

‘Yes.’

‘The only Grace Brady I’ve ever heard of is that quarterbacks sister but I don’t think Brendon knows her. He’s never talked to us about her.’ Mrs. Urie said.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

‘Hey man.’ Ryan said as he, Spencer, and Jon walked into the room.

‘Hey,’ Brendon said with a big smile as he hugged the three boys, ‘How are you guys?’

‘I think the real question is how are you?’ Jon asked.

‘I’m alright, really ready for get out of here. That’s for sure.’

‘Only a couple more weeks and then you’ll be done.’ Ryan said reassuring his best friend knowing he probably needed it.

‘I know I can’t wait to get back to work. See the fans, my family, spend time with you guys.’

‘Bden you must be doing great in here, I haven’t seen you this happy in years.’

‘I don’t think I have been this happy in years.’ Brendon said honestly as he looked over at Grace who was sitting still on the bed watching the events unfold in front of her.

‘Well Brendon, when you get out we’re going to Boston to start on the next album so I hope you’re excited about that.’

‘Oh you know I am.’ Brendon said with a smile.

Hours past as the four boys joked, laughed, and played card games together. Visiting hours were nearly over when a nurse came into the room to let the boys know.

‘We’ll come back and visit soon.’ Spencer said as he hugged Brendon, followed by Jon.

‘I’m proud of you man, you’re doing great. I can’t wait to have you back. I kinda miss you.’ Ryan said with a hand on Brendon’s shoulder.

‘I miss you guys too.’ Brendon said pulling Ryan into a hug.

Ryan and the boys left with smiles all around before Brendon shut his door and turned around to see Grace laying back against the pillows on his bed, she chuckled softly to herself as Brendon walked over and sat next to her.

‘What’s funny?’

‘I like your friends. They are sweet and they really care about you.’

‘I know they do. I don’t know what I would do with out them.’

‘I loved having friends like them. I miss those friends.’ Grace said.

‘I don’t mean to change the subject but if you know everything you can tell me how I’m doing in this whole rehab thing and how much longer I have.’

‘Well you’re doing great so far. You may have a couple of problems with your doctor coming up but other than that you’re almost done. And when you finish something big is going to happen.’

‘What is it?’

‘Not even I know that.’ Grace whispered. Brendon got up and went to change for bed.

Grace watched as Brendon brushed his teeth and got ready for bed. She chuckled a little remembering her routine for bed, how it took her nearly half an hour to get ready for bed. She missed it.

‘What are you laughing at?’

‘It took me half an hour to get ready for bed. Between my teeth, my hair, getting my make up off, finding the right pajamas; it just took me forever.’

‘Finding the right pajamas?’

‘You never know who you’ll run into in your dreams, girls have to look cute you know.’

‘I’ll never understand the female race.’

‘It’s okay if you did what would you have to look forward to?’ Grace chuckled.

‘I miss having a girlfriend.’ Brendon whined as he laid his head down gently on the pillow.

‘Why?’

‘I like having girlfriends. There is something special between guys and their girlfriends. It’s like it doesn’t matter how wimpy the guy is his girlfriend always feels safe and comfortable with her boyfriend. I miss having that bond with a girl.’

‘I get it,’ Grace said softly, ‘Just wait until you get out of here then you can have your perfect girl.’

‘No, I don’t think I’ll ever have her. I think the opportunity has come and gone. Or maybe it was never there but my perfect girl is no more.’ Brendon said looking up at the beauty next to him.

‘Brendon, you never know what would happen. For all you know, this could all just be a bad dream. Things have this weird way of working themselves out.’ Grace said.

‘I guess you’re right.’

‘I know, I’m right; now close your eyes and go to sleep.’ Grace whispered. Brendon shut his eyes and with in a matter of minutes his breathing steadied out and he was off to dream land.

Grace smiled to herself as she brushed some hair out of his face, ‘you’ll have your chance Brendon, I’m right here.’ She smiled before leaning down and pressing her lips to his soft pale cheek before she shut her own eyes drifting off into a day dream.
Sign up to rate and review this story