Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Life You Created

The Misconception

by Moonshyne 0 reviews

'They all knew the circumstances of Nate’s conception and it wasn’t pretty.'

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-04-15 - Updated: 2008-04-15 - 1361 words - Complete

0Unrated
Nate got up and shook Mary’s hand, “It’s nice to finally put a face to the name.”

“You know about me?”

“Yeah. I actually didn’t know we were related until six years ago.”

“Another secret my father kept from me.”

“Don’t blame him on this one. He didn’t know. He still doesn’t.”

“Good, maybe he’ll know how I feel about finding out secrets, big secrets that change your whole life.”

“You have every right to be pissed. I’m pissed and I don’t even know the guy.”

“You must hate him.”

Nate shook his head no. “How could I be mad at someone who just doesn’t know?”

“Are you mad at your mom for not telling him?”

“I was at first, but now I feel bad for her. She loved your dad, well our dad I guess, so much that she gave him up once she saw how happy he was with your mom.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. It’s not like my life is tragic or anything. My mom married my dad Brian before I was born and I have a younger sister about your age named Isabel, we call her Izzy for short. So what’s he like?”

“Nate, I just find out the man has been lying to me my whole life and not only that he has another child older than me. How old are you nineteen, twenty? That would also make him a cheat. Everything I knew or believed in about my father was a lie.”

Ray finally interjected, “Mary, Nate will be twenty two at the end of November. He never cheated on your mother. He loved her way too much.”

“That would be my mom he cheated on.”

“Nate he didn’t cheat on your mom either.”

“Maybe not physically.”

“I’m sorry my dad hurt your mom, but my mom was my dad’s first crush in high school. And when she rescued him they fell in love. And she was going out with Kimmy’s dad at the time. I feel bad that people got hurt but it was meant to be.”

“Listen,” interjected Ray, “Bob should be here in a few hours he can straighten both of you out. Nate, I’ll be honest I don’t know how Bob is going to take the news about you. He’s going to be pissed at your mom I know that. She’s kept you a secret for twenty two years.”

“Well seventeen of them she didn’t have a choice.”

“And four of them she did.”

“Would it have made a difference?”

“Maybe, but we’ll never know.”

“I don’t get why you think Bob was a saint in all this.”

Frank, Gerard and Mikey got there just after Mary and Ray came up the stairs and kept their silence.

They all knew the circumstances of Nate’s conception and it wasn’t pretty. It was the night before The Metro gig, the night before Sam reentered Bob’s life. Bob’s friend Emo was throwing a party and since they had the night off they all went. Kat was there too, as she and Emo still remained friends after the breakup. Bob tried his best to avoid her but she kept persisting. They finally talked and after a while they seemed cool with everything. They all hung out the rest of the night like old times, but something seemed off. When it was time to leave Bob and Kat was all over each other, which in itself was unlike Bob. The rest of the band went back to Bob’s place but Bob never came home that night. And when he did come home very early the next morning the first thing he did was take a shower as if to wash away the filth of the night. They asked him what happened and he replied he didn’t know. All he knew was that he woke up naked in Kat’s bed so it was safe to assume they had sex.

Over the next few weeks Sam and Bob started dating and you could see how happy he was. The way his eyes lit up when her name was mentioned was nothing compared to the way his face lit up when he saw her. It was so obvious that the two of them were meant to be together. Kat saw them in a mall one day right before she was going to tell him but even she could see he was happier with Sam than he ever was with her. She made her decision then and there to let Bob have his happiness. She’s the one that set it all up. It was supposed to be a way to get him back so they could be together. But that was never going to happen now and there was no way she could deal with him in her life and not be with him. A few days later Brian had come to Chicago and they had dinner together where she broke down and told him everything. He proposed and they led everyone to believe, including Bob and Sam, that the baby was Brian’s. Even after Nate was born and they tried to say he was Brian’s until he turned five and then it was obvious who the father was. Brain still to this day treats Nate as his own.


Ray grabbed Mary’s sidekick. There were fifteen messages, all from Bob. He skipped through the messages until he found the one that he wanted.

“Your father is leaving LAX at twelve-thirty our time and should be at JFK at five forty-five. Mary he wants you to pack your things ‘cause he’s taking you home.”

“I’m not going anywhere.”

“I’m not even going to meet him? I won’t tell him who I am; I just want to meet him,” pleaded Nate.

“Nate don’t worry you’ll meet him. Besides there is no way he won’t know he’s your father,” insisted Frank.

“Why don’t we all just go home and see what happens in the morning. Mary you’ll come with me and the guys to the airport to get your dad.”

“I really don’t want to Ray. Right now the thought of seeing him makes me sick.”

“Okay why don’t you and Kimmy stay here.”

“We actually were planning to stay with Donny and Michael tonight,” said Kimmy.

“Mary I don’t think that’s a good idea. He’s already going to be in a foul mood when he gets here.”

“And I care about this why?”

“You’re eighteen I can’t force you to do anything, just think about it?” said Ray.

“I want to be with Michael tonight. I’ll deal with my dad in the morning.”

Gerard turned to his son and whispered, “Touch a fucking hair on her head, I’ll kill you.”

“Don’t worry Dad. I won’t do anything to make the situation worse. I love her.”

Gerard was taken aback by what his son just said. He’s never felt this way about a girl.

“Just be good.”

Donny got his keys and the rest got ready to leave. “Mary, what time are you coming over?” asked Ray.

“Never.”

“Come by around two. Michael make sure that she’s here.”

“What about me?” asked Nate with his head bent down and he’s eyes pleading at Ray.

“Have your mom come by for desert around seven, we’ll call you if Bob wants to see you.”

Frank squeezed his godson’s shoulder “He’ll want to see you don’t worry.”

The four got back to Donny and Michael’s apartment.

Kimmy turned to Mary, “Are you okay?”

“Yeah. You and Donny go have some alone time.”

“Thanks, just call if you need me.”

Mary sat on the couch and turned on a large screen.

“Whatcha ya doing hun?” asked Michael.

“Finding out who my father is.”

She turned to the screen and said, “Bob Bryar.”
Sign up to rate and review this story