Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Life You Created

Mary's Secret

by Moonshyne 1 review

Mary let's Bob in on a little secret.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-04-17 - Updated: 2008-04-17 - 1502 words - Complete

0Unrated
Bob rubbed his now blonde beard as he looked at the clock for the millionth time. He watched the second hand move slowly toward the twelve. It was two minutes until two o’clock. He was a nervous wreck to say the least. It was bad enough telling the guys everything but now he had to tell the person he loved most in the world, the person he wanted to do this all to.

Ray looked outside again. Michael’s car had been parked there for the last ten minutes and the couple seemed to be in an intense discussion. He was sure it was about she not wanting come in and him thinking it was best if she did so. Ray also noticed another car sitting there it had been there yesterday. It wasn’t one from the neighborhood, after ten years you know all those cars. Maybe it was a visiting friend of one of his neighbors. He’ll keep an eye out for it.

When he looked back at Michael’s car he saw that Michael and Mary were finally getting out. It was two o’clock exactly when Ray opened the door.

“Hi Michael, Mary.”

Bob got up and went to give Mary a hug but she stood there motionless.

“New look Bob?” she asked glaring at him. “No wait a minute, that was the old look. The new look is the one I’ve only known my whole life.”

She called him Bob. It meant she was really upset at him. She knew how much he hated that. It was a pet peeve of his. Out in California the kids call their parents by their first name all the time. Mary only did it once when he wouldn’t let her go on a skiing trip with her friends. Just as well he found out later it was a love fest and a girl was even date raped. The two never talked about it but she stopped calling him Bob and seemed grateful he had refused her. He almost gave in at the last second. He really hated denying his princess anything.

Gerard looked at his son, “I think we better leave them alone. Let’s go for a ride.”

“Actually Dad there’s someplace I need to be. I’ll be back in a few hours.”

Michael walked over to Mary grabbed her hand and squeezed it as he gave her a kiss on the cheek. “Call me if you need anything.”

“Have fun.”

“Good luck.” Michael pulled her into his arms and held her tight. This time his lips reached hers. He kissed her hard never wanting to let her go and she reciprocated in the need of wanting him to stay. When they finally broke apart, Michael whispered in her ear, “I’ll be less than five minutes away, if you need anything call me.” He squeezed her hand one more time and mouthed “I love you.”

Mary swallowed hard she had no idea what to think of this new development in their relationship. But she would have to sort her feelings out about that later. What she needed to focus on was right in front of her.

“Princess you better be careful. You’re leaving soon and I wouldn’t want either of you to be heartbroken. Distances are tough on a relationship. You really need to find someone special.”

Mary bit her bottom lip. Her father wasn’t the only one that kept a secret. She did too. She knew she had to tell him but before she didn’t want to break his heart, now that’s all she wanted to do. But she’ll wait. She’ll hear him out and then drop her bomb on him. Maybe even the one she learned last night. Maybe then he’ll feel as hurt and betrayed as she did.

“So Bob is Bryar your birth name or are there any others I should know about?”

“That’s my birth name.”

Mary knew full well it was, but she wanted to give him a hard time. She learned a lot about his secret life from the internet last night. The only reason she couldn’t find out was why?”

“So Bob why all the secrets?”

And for the second time that day he told his story. She was shocked when he told her of his plan to kill them both and how Ray and the rest had saved her and him in the process. How hard he worked to get her back. Once he got her back how he wanted to run away from it all, good and bad. He wanted to start over new Bob, new life. So he created this life for her, a life where he wasn’t the monster that he saw in the mirror, a life where they did normal father and daughter things. He prayed to Sam everyday to give him the strength to keep his promise. In the end they were both in tears.

“In the end princess whether my name was Bryar or Green, whether in the past I was a drummer or a website designer. It never would change the way I feel about you. I still would have been there to kiss your tears away when you fell or your latest broke your heart. I would have still been there for all your birthdays, all your triumphs and failures. I may have not told you truths about certain parts of my life. But there is one thing that I was always truthful about and that was how much I loved and cared about you. My being stupid and pigheaded lost you a relationship with your godfather and growing up knowing the greatest guys I know. I’m sorry princess I just hope someday in your heart you’ll forgive me. I know I never will.”

“No more secrets?”

“I promise never to keep anything from you again.” ‘Thank god she never asked about my disappearance for four days’ thought Bob, ‘but if she ever does I’ll make sure I’ll tell her everything, no matter what.’

Mary looked sadly at her father. It must have been really hard for him to tell her all that. In the end he was right did any of that matter. The only thing she was really sorry about is how she missed out with Ray and the rest of the guys. But then again would Michael and her have the same relationship or would they be more like brother and sister. So far the only cross dating she knew about was Frankie and Anjelica, and they haven’t even let each other know how they felt. But it was so obvious.

Besides she’ll be able to get to know them all a lot better. Now was a good time to tell her dad her secret. It was time to get it all out in the air.

“Dad I have a secret too. I know you had your heart on me going to Stanford in the fall, but I secretly applied and got into Princeton. I forged all the paperwork so you wouldn’t find out. I start in the end of August.”

“But signed a check to Stanford.”

“No Dad you signed a blank check.”

Bob remembered signing the check now. Mary said she wasn’t sure where it needed to go so she would fill that in later.

“Why didn’t you just tell me?”

“Dad you did everything to discourage me.”

“So you decided to go to Princeton without even checking out the campus?”

“I did. Remember that school trip back in March? Well I came out here instead. Kimmy came with me and took the tour with me.”

Bob wasn’t even going to ask how she got the money. He gave her a signed check for the amount of the trip, but no payee. He’s gotta stop signing checks that way.

“I can stop this you know. You were under age, you forged my signature and broke God only knows how many other laws and rules.”

“I know Daddy. I just really wanted to go there. You’re not going to stop me are you?”

“I thought we chose Stanford because we’d still be close together.”

“You chose it because of that.”

“You really have your heart set on it?” Mary nodded, “I’ll miss you like crazy,” sighed Bob.

He was holding Mary at tight as he could when the door bell rang.

“Ray there’s someone at the door,” yelled Bob over Mary’s shoulder.

Ray looked at his watch Kat was coming here over in another hour and a half. It must have been Michael.

“It’s only Michael you want to let him in and tell him we’re down here.”

Bob let go of Mary and went to the door when he opened it. When the figure turned around Bob stood there in shock.
Sign up to rate and review this story