Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Teenagers

Christmas Party

by Music_Is_Love 2 reviews

*read

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-04-17 - Updated: 2008-04-18 - 892 words

0Unrated
Christmas day, Jimmy, Pansy and I were walking the long road to Gerard and
Mikey's house for the party, chatting away, trying to forget the cold.
"What did you get everyone?" Jimmy asked me. I shrugged.
"Well, I got Tori an album; I got Ray a new guitar strap, Mikey this cute trench coat,
Chris a few shirts he not-so-casually pointed out to me while I was getting everyone else shit, and Frank a few pairs of gloves from the rock 'n smoke shop."
Jimmy smirked.
"And Gerard?"
I looked down at my feet, blushing.
"Just some art supplies."
"That's it?" Pansy laughed.
"Yes."
"Cheap bastard."
When we finally got to their house, they were all downstairs, as usual. Their parents had already left for their thing and wouldn't be back until the next day.
"Hey, guys!" Jimmy yelled as we entered Gerard's room.
"Hey." Came a simultaneous murmur.
"Merry Christmas." Mikey smiled.
"Merry Christmas." Jimmy replied. Gerard was sitting at the table when we came in, smoking a cigarette, He stubbed it out on the already burned wooden surface and walked over.
"Hey guys. There's beer and stuff if you want. We'll open presents in a bit." He added as he took my bags of presents from me. Jimmy walked away from us to the table, grabbing a beer before heading over to where Frank was sitting. Pansy and Mikey were engulfed in conversation already, so I looked back at Gerard.
"Cooler?" he asked, holding out his arm. I took it, grinning.
"Fuck yeah."
A while later, we were all sitting in a circle on the floor, opening presents.
We were all just handing out the last presents of the night. I handed Gerard the art supplies, hiding a second, larger gift behind my back as he handed me mine. We all opened our presents at the same time. Shocked, I stared down at the present he had gotten me. It was a golden chained necklace with a small, silver cross hanging from it.
“Gerard…” I mumbled, looking up. He smiled and I smiled back.
“This is beautiful.”
“I thought you’d like it.” He replied. I leaned over and hugged him tightly.
“I have one more thing for you later.” He whispered. He let me go and I stood, holding onto Ray for support, as he was standing beside me. He laughed.
“Little tipsy?”
I nodded.
“Just a little, though.”
I watched as Chris threw the remainder of the garbage in the bag and stood. I stepped over to my new best-friend, (one of many), and hugged him tightly.
“Merry Christmas, Chris.”
“Merry Christmas, Tam.”
I let him go and picked up the box containing Gerard’s second present as the boy himself walked back over to me.
“Come upstairs.”
I nodded and followed him as he headed upstairs.
When we were in the living room, he sat down on a chair and I sat down on the couch across from him. We were silent for a moment before he pointed to his present.
“What’s that?” He asked.
“Oh, it’s for you.” I handed it to him and he smiled.
“It’s nothing much.” I said as he opened it. He took off the boxes lid and pulled the gift out. It was a black, pure leather jacket with an insolated inside and a studded collar.
“Wow…” he trailed off, “…it’s awesome.”
I frowned.
“You don’t like it.”
“No, no, I love it. Really, it’s great.” He smiled and I smiled back as he put it back in the box. He put the lid on slowly, glancing up at me quickly while doing so, before looking back up.
“Tammy, there’s a reason I brought you up here.”
“Yeah?”
“Yeah… well… I know, we haven’t known each other that long, but you know I’ve liked you for a while, right?”
I nodded.
“And you know I’d never hurt you, right?”
Again, I nodded.
“I would… do anything for you and, since it’s Christmas and all, I thought, this would be a good time to ask you… will you go out with me?”
I stared at him blankly for a moment. I couldn’t tell if he was joking or not. He sounded serious, but for some reason I just didn’t want to believe it.
“I know you’ve been through a lot, but I’m not like that. I’d never do anything like that to you.”
I covered my face with my hands, taking deep breaths which prompted him to set my gift down and come over to the couch. He sat beside me, wrapping an arm around my waist.
“Are you alright?”
I looked up at him, putting my hands in my lap.
“I’m fine; this is just so... unexpected.”
“I know, Tamika, and I thought about waiting, but I’ve liked you for so long; longer than you know. I want to make you feel special. I want to be with you.”
I smiled lightly.
“I like you, too.”
“So you’ll go out with me?”
“Yes.”
He searched my eyes for a second before pulling me into a hug.
“I promise I’ll never hurt you.”
“I believe you.”
He pulled back a bit, a large grin shining brightly on his face.
“Merry Christmas, Sugar.”
Sign up to rate and review this story