Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Teenagers

Happy New Year

by Music_Is_Love 1 review

*read

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-04-23 - Updated: 2008-04-24 - 527 words

0Unrated
Six days later, it was the countdown to midnight. We were in the Way’s living room with the TV tuned into a live broadcast from Time square in New York. I remembered being there with Jimmy and my parents when I was six. The intoxicated, care-free crowds, the lights, the streamers and the music, it was all so beautiful and exciting. That was before we got caught in the middle of a riot, though. Our parents never took us back for New Years again.
We all watched care fully. There was only about two minutes left when Frank, totally hammered, stands on the couch, wearing his favorite, dying, dirty pair of sneakers and begins clearing his throat and tapping on a plastic cup of beer with a nut-cracker.
“Attention, every one. B’for the ball drops, I’d like to ask someone a very, very special question.” He slurred. He turned to my sister, holding out his hand. She motioned to herself drunkenly, laughed, then took his hand. Quickly, he pulled her up onto the couch with her own favorite, dirty sneakers (rip-offs, unlike his).
“Jimmy… will you go out with me?”
She smiled brightly, nodding wildly before pulling him into a movie-style dip-kiss, but backwards. We all cheered like the drunken idiots we were, until we heard Dick Clark say that the ball was dropping and our attention turned back to the small, static-y television set.
“Five, Four, Three, Two, One!” We all cheered as the confetti flew in Time Square. Gerard grabbed me by the waste, pulling me to him. I smiled as he nuzzled my nose with his.
“Happy New years, baby.”
“Happy New years.” I replied. He leaned in and kissed me gently before Jimmy and Frank broke us apart.
“Gerard, we’re gonna be outside if you need anything.” The younger boy said. Gerard nodded and they went outside.
“Way to ruin a mood.” I laughed.
“I don’t think they ruined it at all.” He replied, kissing me again, harder this time. His tongue slipped into my mouth, running along the edges of my teeth before retracting. He bit down lightly on my bottom lip lightly and I laughed. After one last peck, he stepped back, his arms sliding up, then back down my arms so he was just holding onto my fingertips. I yawned and he chuckled.
“Tired?”
I nodded.
“Do you want to go to bed?”
“Yeah, but you don’t have to come. You can stay up here and party.”
“Nah, I’m pretty tired myself. I’ll come.”
I nodded again as we started to his room. He locked to door before descending down the stairs and leading me to his bed. He motioned for me to get in and I did so, crawling under the familiar covers. I smiled tiredly as he got in beside me, wrapping his arms around my middle.
“Where will the others sleep?” I asked.
“They can find a place.
He smiled and I cuddled close, closing my eyes.
“I love you.” He mumbled sleepily.
“Love you, too.”
I fell asleep to him whispering the most beautiful things in my ear.
Sign up to rate and review this story