Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Life You Created

Chemical's Combustion

by Moonshyne 1 review

Michael's secret could destroy an up coming tour for My Chem. How will they replace their drummer?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-04-19 - Updated: 2008-04-19 - 1310 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Dad I’m sorry,” sighed Michael.

“We’re leaving on a tour in less than one week and you’re leaving me high and dry without a drummer?”

“You know I never wanted this. I did it for you. I wanted to play my own music have my own message.”

“How long have you had this band behind my back?”

“Two years.”

“Two fucking years. We’ve been doing shows the past few months together and the crowds love you.” Gerard looked to the heavens, “Why do we have such problems keeping drummers? We’re taking out this new band and what are they going to think that we don’t even have a fucking steady drummer. Who’s in this band with you?”

Michael looked and Frank, “Frankie plays lead and Rosalie plays bass.” Then he looked at his uncle Mikey, “Donny plays rhythm and Little G sings.”

Gerard started to feel bad he really should be happy his son wants to make his own mark. But it left them short.

“So what’s the name of your band?”

“Chemical’s Combustion.”

Mikey looked down, and Gerard knew exactly where they got the name.

“Fine for this tour you play for both bands. Where does Nate fit into all this?”

“I’m doing their sound.”

This was the point that Bob and Kat walked in with their arm around each other’s waist.

“So what’s been happening since we’ve been gone?”

“Not much, and you two?”

“Not much.”

“Daddy?”

“Yeah princess.”

“My Chem needs a drummer, would you be interested?”

“I thought Michael was their drummer.”

“He just informed me he has his own band, not only that their band will be touring with us over the rest of the summer.”

“So you’ll be doing sound for both bands sweetheart?” asked Kat.

“Mommm, not in front of the guys.”

“You’re coming on tour too?” asked Bob.

“Yeah.”

“So Bob?” asked Gerard.

“I guess I’ll give you the same answer I gave you all those years ago. Hell yeah!!”

“Then we better get practicing, we gotta break in a new drummer. Again,” joked Frank

“Fuck you,” said Bob.

“Just like old times,” smiled Mikey.

“So Bob when was the last time you picked up a pair of sticks?”

“Two days ago.”

They all just stared at him. “Um Princess about the locked room in the basement. It holds a drum kit, stereo and a bunch of other things from the old days.”

“It’s kind of late tonight, we’ll practice tomorrow,” said Ray.

“What time tomorrow?” asked Bob

“Nine?”

“I can’t I have a video interview with some clients about a website tomorrow. I’d cancel but their friends of Kimmy’s.”

“What’s the name of the company?” Frank asked innocently.

“Revenge Comics.”

“Think about it dumbass,” laughed Frank.

“Fuck, are you kidding me?”

“So Gerard should we break in the new drummer or meet with the web designer?”

“I don’t know the web designer seems like such a geek.”

“I betcha the drummer isn’t so hot either.”

“Fuck you both.”

“Now I would pay to see that,” laughed Ray.

“Well we’ve just about have seen that on stage from Frank and Gee, how would they do it with the drum set in the way?” asked Mikey.

“I can fall on Bob’s lap again and then Gerard can...”

“My daughter’s in the room.”

Mary was laughing, “Oh Dad!!”

“You sure you’re ready for this Nate?” asked Bob.

“What about me?”

“What about you, Princess?”

“I’m going too.”

“Oh no you’re not.”

“Well as I see it you have two choices either I go with you, or I go with Michael.”

Bob was resigned to the fact that his daughter was coming with him no matter what. At least with him she’ll have a nice bus to ride in and he can watch her.

A few days later it was the first show of the tour. It was at the Tweeter Center near Boston. Bob was a nervous wreck it would be the first time in over twenty years he played in front of a live audience. Chemical’s Combustion had just finished their set when it was their turn to go on. It was twice as bad for Bob because Gerard wanted to make a big deal about him coming back. Bob personally just wanted to get on the kit and just start playing. James started the piano part of “Sleep.”

“As you may have noticed my son Michael was playing before us, so this means once again we have a new drummer. He’s played with us a few times before.” Bob was on the rotating riser with his hoodie up. As the drums came in and the riser rotated to the front Gerard said, “Let me introduce our new drummer, BOB BRYAR!!!!

Mary’s POV

I can’t believe I’m going to school next week. What can I say? Right now our lives are perfect. Dad is laughing and having a great time especially hanging around Frank. Also he and Nate are getting along great, though I have seen some arguments at the sound board. Somehow by show time they are quickly resolved and Dad gives him a huge hug. The other great thing was the other day Nate called him Dad for the first time. I could have sworn that he had a tear in his eye.

Michael and I have just become more and more in love everyday.
Speaking of love, Dad and Kat have become really close and talk like three times a day. I’m happy she’s back in his life.

Because of the tour I haven’t been able to spend as much time with Dad. He’s just so busy all the time. So he made sure that we spend Sunday mornings together. This Sunday after our breakfast I’m meeting Donny and then we’re going to meet up with Michael, Nate and Gerard. Gerard is planning a surprise party for my Dad under the premise of it being a Bon Vouyage party for me, like I’m going really far. As long as it has my father fooled who cares. They just felt real bad about missing his fiftieth and with Mikey’s coming up Gerard just wanted to do something nice. So we were going to pick out a hall and decorations together. At one o’clock Donny came and got me and it was time to go.



Thomas Philips POV

I’ve been watching them for weeks now. First it was at the guy with the hair’s house, I think he plays guitar. And since I’ve traveled from venue to venue and now we’re here back home. They have been around body guards constantly so it was hard to get to them. But because they are home there is no one around to watch over them. Actually they’re around just not around the right people. I sent around death threats to the others so the focus is around them. I just need to have the father and son alone. Gerard is his name he’s the one who writes the lyrics, he’s the reason my son is dead. I wonder how he’ll react to his son dying in front of him. Then after he’s taken care of there is only one more loose end, the one who gave my son the cd that made him kill himself. The kid was supposed to be his best friend and now because of him my son is dead. I looked towards the house and today must be my lucky day there they all are Gerard Way, his son Michael and the “best friend”, Nate Schechter.
Sign up to rate and review this story