Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Life You Created

To Save A Life

by Moonshyne 2 reviews

Bob goes after to save Gee, Michael and Nate but it's not the rescue that was intended.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-04-19 - Updated: 2008-04-19 - 1719 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N: This is the last of the regular chapters. There is an epilogue, so I hope you stick around.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mary and Donny got to the Way house and noticed Gerard, Michael and Nate getting into a car. Mary was the first to notice the gun.
The driver got into the car and sped off.

Mary and Donny were standing there in shock they didn’t even hear Bob pull up next to them.

“Princess you forgot your…Guys what’s the matter?”

“Thomas Philips just took off with Gerard, Michael and Nate,” said Donny.

“He had a gun Daddy.”

“Whose Thomas Philips?”

“His son Eliot killed himself while listening to ‘The Black Parade’. He wanted to ban the stores from selling it. He was quoted ‘How would Mr. Way like to watch his son die’. Now it seems it was more than a quote.”

“Fuck, and Nate somehow got caught in it.”

“Nate gave him the album. I know I was there. He was going through some shit and Nate wanted him to listen to it and understand the message. He made Elliot promise to listen to the end, really listen to it especially ‘Famous Last Words’. He only got to ‘Sleep’ before he pulled the trigger. Nate was devastated, for the longest time he blamed himself. It didn’t help that Philips banned him from the wake and funeral. It took Brian a long time to convince him it wasn’t his fault.”

“Do you know where he might be taking them?”

“He owns a small music store it’s on a dead end road called Monroe Place. Right after the store closed his father was counting the till and cleaning up, he killed himself in the basement. I’m guessing that’s where he might be taking them.”

“I think I know the place. You two call the police, I’m gonna go there and talk some sense into the guy.”

“Daddy, no!!!”


“Don’t worry Princess, I’ll make sure everything turns out okay. Let the others know too.”

Mary watched as her father took off hoping his words rang true that he would make sure that everything was okay.

Bob reached the record store and sure enough there was a car parked out in front of it. He has seen the car in front of Ray’s a few times, he wished he paid more attention. The gate was down in the front of the store, so he went around to the back and found an unlocked door. Bob entered and turned slowly and quietly to shut the door. When he turned back around there was 9 millimeter gun pointed at his head.
Bob swallowed hard flashing back to when Sam held him at gunpoint all those times. He swore he wasn’t going to be a victim again. He wasn’t going to let the fear of not being in control take over. The first chance he got he was taking control of the situation. Tom Phillips dragged Bob down the stairs to the basement where he had Gerard, Michael and Nate tied to chairs.

“I wasn’t expecting any uninvited guests.”

Just then the first of the sirens came blaring. An officer got out with a megaphone, “This is the police, come out with your hands up.”

There was no response.

In the basement “Mama” was starting to play, Bob knew that “Sleep” was the next song and soon this might be all over.

“Mr. Philips, I can’t even imagine what you are going through but please listen. Your son was suicidal before he heard the record. Nate gave him it to hoping he was going to save his life.”

“I’ve heard it all before. A bunch of lies Nate created so he wouldn’t have to face the truth.”

“Let them go as good faith. I’ll tell the police it was a huge misunderstanding.”

Bob heard ‘Well mother what the war did to my legs and to my tongue.’

“It will all be over soon, and you and Gerard will have ringside seats.”

“You’ll spend the rest of your life in jail, that’s no way to spend a life.”

“You’re right that’s why I plan on killing myself too. You and Gerard can live with the guilt.”

‘She said you ain’t no son of mine’

“Please be reasonable, we never meant for anyone to die from this. How bout the next year of record sales you get twenty-five percent.”

“It was never about the money!! Bring me my son back and you can have them.”

“You know I can’t do that.”

“Then I can’t let them go.”

‘And if you call me your sweetheart.’

The whole time the gun was pointed at Bob since he was untied. Nate took advantage and tried working on his restraints. Bob noticed what his son was trying to do.

“Tell me about Elliot, did he have a girlfriend, because Michael does. It’s my daughter and she would be heartbroken if anything happened to him.”

‘And return from the ashes you call’

Nates chair fell over and Bob rushed Tom Philips. There were three gunshots and Bob’s eyes went wide as he felt intense pain and a wetness spreading across his shirt.

Outside a few minutes earlier

Ray was holding Mary while Frank and Mikey were holidng each other. There was so much to lose in that room, brothers, bestfriends, nephews, godchildren, boyfriends, husband and a rekindled brotherhood. They all waited hoping for the best. Ray, Mikey and Frank could’t believe they were back in this position, fearing for a loved one’s life

“Ray if anything happens to any of them,” cried Mary. They all had so much to lose.

“The police will have it under control.” Ray knew he didn’t sound to convincing. He also knew he had to be the strong one here.

He was holding Mary and then they jumped hearing three gunshots. The police rushed in.

When the police got there, Tom Philips was holding a gun to Nate. Bob could only watch as he was slowly dying.

“Get away from him yelled the police man in full riot gear.”

“He killed my son.”

“You kileed your son, with your drunkenness and abuse, He had given up and lost hope of ever having a normal life so to get away from you he killed himself.”

“Shut up Nate.” Just as he was about to pull the trigger, the police shot him.

“Get the paramedics down here.”

The police cut Gerard, Michael and Nate free. Nate ran to his father.

Barely breathing and in pain Bob whispered, “Take care of your sister and your mother for me. Let them know I loved them very much.” Bob winced in pain, “And Nate, I love you too.”

“It’s going to be okay Dad. You’re going to be okay. You can tell Mom and Mary yourself.”

Just then a police officer slowly escorted Nate away from his father. Gerard and Michael were just holding each other.

Gerard looked over at Nate, “He’s a fighter, he’ll be okay.”

The paramedic looked down in sadness, he’s seen plenty of shot wounds in his day. And one thing he knew was this one was not going to make it.

As the scene grew intense outside after more gunshots they watched as the paramedics rushed down. Less than five minutes later Gerard and Michael came up and Mikey rushed to them. Then Nate, Frank and Mary rushed over to him.

“Where’s Dad?”

“The motherfucker shot him.”

“Is he okay?”

Nate just shook his head no. He enveloped Mary into his strong arms, “He wanted me to let you know that he loves you.”

Ray was listening to everything he wanted to sit there and cry. ‘It was so fucking unfair we all just found each other again’ he thought to himself.

They brought both gurneys out. Bob had an oxygen mask and an IV stuck in him you could see how the blanket was getting covered with blood. Bob raised his hand weakly for them to stop. Ray,Mary and Nate rushed over.

“Ray take care of my children for me. Nate, make sure your mom’s okay. I love you princess.”

Then Bob’s world went black.

Ray looked at the paramedic who shook his head sadly.

“Where are you taking him?”

“Palisades Medical Center.”

“I’ll get my car.”

They watched as the ambulance took off. After only a hundred yards the ambulance stopped.

“What’s going on?” cried Mary.

He knew why the ambulance stopped. Bob went into cardiac arrest. Thirty seconds later the ambulance started again sirens full blast as it sped down to 60th Avenue.

“Mr. Schechter we have a few questions for you,” said a police detective.

“His father was just taken away in an ambulance could this wait? You have Gerard and Michael,” yelled Ray.

“These will be quick I promise.”

Nate answered the questions best as he could as his mind was elsewhere. How was his mom taking all this does she even know? She had to fly back to Chicago for a family funeral so she was hours away and alone. This was going to devastate her.

Ray looked at the officer after ten minutes of questioning, “Are you done?”

“Yeah,” he turned back to Nate, “Good luck son.”

Ray drove Mary and Nate to the hospital. They rushed straight to the desk. “The gunshot victim from the hostage situation?”

The nurse called someone and thirty seconds later a doctor came through.

“I’m sorry we did all we could. You can see him in a few minutes.”

Ray decided to let Mary and Nate deal with this own their own, but he would be watching.

Mary and Nate moved closer to the covered body. Mary slowly lifted the sheet and then started pounding on Nate’s chest screaming “NO!!!”

Nate just held her tight as the tears flowed freely from his face.

Ray watched as the children of his best friend were suffering in anguish, much like Bob did all those years ago. Ray started to cry because he couldn’t believe it was all over and Bob was dead.
Sign up to rate and review this story