Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Life You Created

Epilogue

by Moonshyne 4 reviews

It's Mary and Michael's wedding day.Mary is missing her father and Michael is just missing.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2008-04-19 - Updated: 2008-04-20 - 1722 words - Complete

0Unrated
Mary stood in the Bride’s room at the church looking in the mirror. She felt like what her father always called her, a princess. She wore her hair in an updo with a small tiara attached to her three quarter length veil. She wore a simple off the shoulder satiny bodice and tulle on the bottom with small rhinestones running through it. She had posed for all the sorts of pictures earlier but hated that there was never going to be one with her father.

She was worried. Not about becoming Mrs. Michael Way, she was sure about that. She was worried if she was gong to become Mrs. Michael Way. She and Michael had a huge fight the night before. He walked out on her and ever since then no one has been able to reach him. Gerard and Lyn-Z tried everyone and everywhere but to no avail.

Just then there was a knock on the door.

She took a deep breath hoping it was him, “Come in.”

She exhaled slowly, it was only Mikey.

“You look beautiful, just like your mother. If there’s anything you need.”

“Have you found Michael yet?”

“No. But he’ll be here.”

Mikey gave Mary a hug then left.

There was another knock on the door, again Mary took a deep breath.

“Come in.”

This time it was Frank.

“You look beautiful, just like your mother. If you ask me he’s being a dumbass. Nate wants to kick the shit out of him. Nate reminds me of your father so much.”

“I know.”

“Don’t worry he’ll be here.” Frank gave Mary a kiss on the forehead.

A couple of minutes later it was Gerard at the door.

“Don’t worry we’ll all be related soon enough. I’ll kill my son for putting you through this, as if you didn’t have enough to think about?”

Gee gave her a kiss on the cheek, “You look just like your mother, absolutely beautiful.”

Gerard left as Ray was coming in.

“I know you’ve always wanted your Dad to walk you down the aisle but I’d be honored to do so.”

This touched Mary deeply and a tear started rolling down her cheek.

“Thank you Ray, for everything. You’re the best godfather ever. But as you know ever since I was little I’ve just wanted my father to walk me down the aisle, but since he’s not here I’ll walk myself. That’s if I’ll need to”

“Don’t worry he’ll be here. I’m sure he just needs to sort things out. You guys have a lot on your plate right now.”

Ray held his goddaughter tight. “Don’t worry it will all turn out fine. Did I tell you how beautiful you looked and that you look just like…”

“I know.”

He kissed her forehead and then left.

Mary once again stood in front of the mirror fixing her veil when she saw his reflection in the mirror.

“You’re here.”

“Where else would I be?”

“I don’t know after you left in a huff last night. You had me worried for a while there.”

“I just had to come to terms with everything.”

“How do I look?”

“Just like…”

“I know. Just like m…”

“A princess. But you’re not going to be my princess anymore are you? You’re going to be Michael’s.”

“If he ever shows up. Besides I’ll always be your princess”

“He’s here. He was busy showing an old fool the errors of his ways.”

“Daddy we never meant for it to happen.”

“I know. I just wanted you to finish all your schooling before starting a family. You just finished your undergrad and should be starting law school in the fall. But here you are three weeks pregnant and probably will never go back again.”

“I wouldn’t say never. I just look at you and Kat and see how much you love Sam and spend every second with him. I can’t say that I don’t want that too.”

“Forgive me?”

“Always Grampa.”

Bob suddenly burst out laughing.

“What’s so funny?”

“Pretty boy Gerard is going to be a grandfather too!!”

Then Bob got serious.

“Turn around and close your eyes.”

Bob took out a three layered pearl choker it was graced with four double columned, three rows of diamonds, separating the pearls into sections. He placed it gently around her neck.

“I heard you had the something new, something borrowed and something blue. So I wanted to give you something old. This was your mother’s, her mother gave it to her on our wedding day and I know your mother would have wanted you to have it on yours. It’s been passed through for generations so maybe someday you can give it to either your daughter or daughter in-law.”

“I love it and you Daddy.”

The minister knocked on the door and quietly opened it. “It’s time.” As they got out there to line up Nate was escorting his mother to her seat and then took his place with the other groomsmen.

One by one her bridesmaids made their way down the aisle. Mary looked at the man who by all accounts should be dead right now and couldn’t help but remember what happened all those years ago.

Mary’s POV

I lifted the sheet slowly and saw the man under there wasn’t my dad at all. It was him Mr. Philips. I started screaming No as I pounded my fists into my brother’s chest.

“It’s okay,” he said through his tears “He might be alive somewhere.”

I looked up and saw Ray he was looking at us so sadly. We ran out of the room.

“What’s going on?” he asked.

“It’s not him.”

Ray ran to the doctor, “The other victim where is he?”

“He was stabilized and air lifted to Mt. Sinai, the best heart surgeon in the world is there.”

We got in Ray’s car and were silent as we got stuck in traffic.

“Is this how you felt when he was missing?”

“Yeah.”

“I wish they caught that Barbie Doll Bandit and sent her to prison for life.”

“No you don’t.”

“Why, was she nice to him?”

“Actually she broke his nose, foiled two escape plans, drugged him, dyed his hair, cut off his beard, held him at gunpoint several times and took away his coat so when he did escape he nearly froze to death.”

“So why wouldn’t I want her rotting in prison?”

“Because, she was your mother.”

Nate and I just looked at each other like he was crazy.

“Your Aunt Brianna was dying and needed a heart and lung transplant. She really needed the money so she started robbing banks. Her last job was supposed to be the bank where your father was putting away a ring in a safety deposit box. Nate, I still think your mother feels guilty about the whole thing.”

“Why would she?”

“It was her ring he was putting away. Anyway she took your father hostage just to get away. Then she realized he was in your aunt’s favorite band. Brianna tried to see us twice but because of an injury to your father during a video shoot we had to cancel both shows.”

“When he burnt his leg?” asked Nate.

“So that’s how he got that scar.”

“Your aunt’s dying wish was to meet the band, since she had him she took him cross country.”

“So my mom never did save him.”

“She did. The rest is true.”

“I thought the lies were over.”

“This is the one that you had to ask about. Your father never wanted you to think ill of your mother. Though I’m sure he wanted to tell you himself.”

“Why are you telling me?”

“Honestly Mary, we still don’t know what’s going to happen in there.”

It was then that Ray’s phone rang, all he said was that we were on our way now.

We finally got there and Michael just held me like he never wanted to let me go.

“Your Dad’s a hero you know.”

“He’s always been my hero.”


I look at him standing next to me as we proceeded down the aisle and thought ‘and he always will be.’

Third Person POV

The walk down the aisle was different to say the least. When Sam got to the end with the flower girl he ran towards Nate, and as everyone watched Mary and Bob walk down the aisle, Sam looked at his older sister and shouted “Pwintheth Mawey.” When Bob and Mary were about halfway down the aisle Sam took off and ran up it screaming “Daddy!!” Bob knelt down and instructed his son to go sit with Mommy, and Daddy will be there shortly. Sam ran to his mother and Kat picked him up and placed him next to her. They made it to the end smiling, at least Sam didn’t cause too much of an embarrassment to the family. Bob lifted her veil from her face and gave his daughter a kiss on the cheek and handed her over to Michael.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, we are gathered here today to join this man Michael Donald Way, and this woman Mary Samantha Bryar in holy matrimony.”

Bob looked stunned at his daughter. Before he and Kat got married he changed his name back and once they were married Nate followed. As far as he knew Mary was always going to keep Green. Mary turned to her father and winked at him and he smiled.

Bob looked around at the three lives he created. Sam, who was named after Samantha at Kat’s insistence, was wild and carefree and like Nate had blonde hair and blue eyes, however every other feature about him was Katlyn. Nate who was so much like him it was scary some times. Lastly Mary, they had been through a roller coaster together. And even though she was now married and soon will have her own family like she said she would always be his princess.


THE END
Sign up to rate and review this story