Categories > Original > Drama > Lights in Darkness

Where shall we go from here?

by zoe15 0 reviews

Set in the third person narrative. In this chapter things take a turn for the worse and a turn for the better at the same time, can they all cope?

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-04-20 - Updated: 2008-04-22 - 1010 words

0Unrated
She leaned over towards him as he turned to look towards her. He could tell what was coming, but yet he felt it would be wrong. Their lips met and they both felt the same thing, it was right but so wrong; they’d been friends since they were 10 and had never felt this way. At least that’s what he thought, but as for her; she’d always known that there was something she felt for him other than the love of a friend and she’d only realised it last year, but back then he was going out with this bitch of a girl called Clarissa, they’d broken up not long after the school prom and ever since then he always seemed to be putting it on, all his happiness and all of his pissing about, to her it always seemed fake even if it fooled everyone else.
Their kissing had become more passionate now and they could both sense where this was going. But before it could go any further they both heard a giggle coming from behind them and quickly separated, resuming their positions of staring into the fire. Effie turned round when the two behind them came closer; she wasn’t surprised to see that it was Eleanor and Alfie, hand in hand whispering to each other.
“So nice of you to join us” She snarled at Eleanor, she had sobered up a little now and she was remembering everything now.
“We’re sorry, we went for a walk” lied Eleanor as she sat down next Alfie. They all sat in silence for a long while until Chrissie and Sawyer appeared. Chrissie didn’t look any different but Sawyer’s hair was messed up and his clothes were muddier than they were when they left. It didn’t take a genius to work out that they’d been doing the horizontal dance, knowing them more than once too.
“Geesh you could cut the tension with a damn knife!” Sawyer whispered. Effie threw him a dark glance before getting up and standing by Eleanor.
“Get up we’re leaving, NOW” she commanded with a tone in her voice Eleanor hadn’t met before.
Eleanor got up threw a longing look at Alfie and followed Effie out of the clearing. They walking in silence for a few minutes before they heard the sound of footsteps running up behind them; from what they could tell the person following them was being followed also. It wasn’t long before a familiar voice reached their ears, calling Effie’s name
“Effie, wait, please Effie just wait a sec!” you could hear the desperation in Scott's voice and even though it took every inch of self restraint she had not to stop, Effie kept walking even though she knew that Eleanor was no longer with her. “Effie, c’mon just calm down, why doesn’t Eleanor go back with Alfie while you and I go for a walk?” he was pleading with her now; she didn’t know what to do, the past half an hour was whirring around her head blocking out all other thoughts. Before she knew what she was doing she gave a small nod and watched Alfie lead Eleanor away by the hand, leaving her and Scott alone in the woods. He took her hand and led her off in a direction she didn’t know; she couldn’t bring herself to ask where they were going, her brain felt like it wasn’t working properly so she allowed herself to be led off into a part of the woods that she didn’t know. The sky was slowly getting lighter, she could see the ground beneath her feet more and more as they walked for what felt like forever before they finally reached the edge of the woods, she could see houses off in the distance and yet she did not recognise them even though she had once known every area of the town she grew up in, but she’d spent so long hiding from the rest of the world that she’d forgotten everything about this area.

“Where is this place?”
“It’s not too far from my house I normally cut across here whenever I come to meet you guys.”
They stood in silence for a while before Effie whispered
“Look, about earlier, I’m sorry”
“Don’t be, I let it happen, and wanted to happen just as much as you did.” His voice was strained and when she looked at him she could see his face was glistening with tears “I’ve always tried hard to think of you as just a friend, it wasn’t easy; it did get easier when I started dating Clarissa, but the feeling was always there. Then when we spilt, me and Clarissa that is, I started acting as though everything is ok when it’s not, I feel so lonely, I miss being with someone, I need someone to hug me, kiss me and tell me that they love me; and I know I sound like a girl, but well, it’s hard...” he couldn’t finish his sentence.
A thought flashed across Effie’s mind, and as quick as the though she acted, moving in front of him so he could see her face, then she kissed him, no hesitation, no worries just the love and lust she felt for him. She could feel his longing for her in the way that he kissed her back, she’d been waiting for this moment for most of her life and now that it was here it felt just like she thought it would. He broke off the kiss earlier that she had wanted it to end.
“Some one’s coming” he whispered in her ear
“Just stay still, it might be an early morning jogger” but in her heart she knew who it was, she was just praying she’d be wrong.





_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please review!! I hope you're enjoying it so far! More soon
Sign up to rate and review this story