Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Half Way Around The World

The Date: Dinner, A Movie And Kisses

by fob2adelaide 1 review

Emily and Patrick go on their first date together...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-04-21 - Updated: 2008-04-21 - 817 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N: Reviews = Motivation to write the story!

“What time do you reckon you’ll be back?” Sarah asked Emily who was busy getting ready for her date with Patrick.
“Not sure,” Emily replied, “But you don’t have to wait up for me or anything though.”
“Yeah, but I’ll want to know what happened,” Sarah said stretching out on her bed.
Emily raised an eyebrow and then smiled, “I might not want to tell you anything.”
“I’ll just have to make you!” Sarah laughed, “Alright, I won’t wait up, you’ll probably be out all night right?”
“Oh yeah,” Emily said sardonically and then asked, “You think on our first date?”
“Well...”
Emily shook her head indicating to Sarah to not to continue that sentence. Wisely Sarah changed the subject by saying, “I’m going to call Pete and see if he wants to do anything tonight.”
“Okay, I’ll just finish getting ready. Patrick should be here soon.”
Sarah turned around from walking to the bedroom door with her cell phone, “I didn’t know he was picking you up,” she said and then added in a high pitched voice, “Cute.”
Emily laughed before saying, “Get out of here!”
Sarah exited the room promptly.

After a short while a knock came on the front door and knowing it would be Patrick, Emily looked at her appearance one last time before heading out to greet him. She opened the front door to see Patrick standing there smiling. Emily couldn’t help but notice that he looked very handsome tonight.
“Hi Emily,” Patrick said giving her a quick hug. Emily returned it while subconsciously taking in the nice smell of his aftershave. It made her feel a comforted feeling as Patrick had been wearing it when he had helped her during her medical drama.
They pulled away from the hug and Emily yelled out, “Bye!” To Sarah who she could see was sneaking about the house, presumably wanting to see what was happening between Emily and Patrick. Emily then closed the front door before walking with Patrick to his car.
“So how was your day today?” Patrick asked breaking the silence between them as they got into the car.
“Pretty good but this morning I got dragged around the shops by Sarah.”
Patrick chuckled, “I see,” he said.
“How about you?” Emily asked.
“Nothing eventful happened, I wrote a couple of songs though,” Patrick said starting the car’s engine.
“Pete said you were getting stuck into writing,” Emily remarked, “Do you reckon I could have a listen to some of the songs?”
Patrick nodded his head, “Sure, you can give me your opinion on them. Actually I was thinking…” he stopped mid sentence and Emily saw him bite his lip.
“You were thinking?” She asked.
Patrick looked at her briefly before returning his eyes to the road, “Nothing,” he said quietly.
“You have to tell me now,” Emily said urging Patrick to continue with what he was saying.
“Okay, well tell me if it’s a bit too forward…but I was wondering if you’d like to collaborate. Write a song together.”
Emily beamed, “Really?” She asked sincerely.
“Only if you want,” Patrick said uncertainly looking a little bit concerned.
“I’d love to,” Emily said, “If you can trust my song writing skills.”
Patrick laughed, “Long as you can trust mine.”

After about ten minutes of driving, Patrick brought the car to a stop in front of a nice looking restaurant and they both got out of the car, Patrick opening the car door for Emily. They then went into the restaurant and had dinner before heading to the cinemas to watch a movie. After a bit of discussion they both agreed to watch a comedy and so they headed into the theatre to watch it. They decided to sit down the back of the theatre where it was more private, a spot where fans would be less likely to find Patrick and a spot Emily noticed, where they could hold hands or kiss without being seen.
The movie finally began and it was enjoyable to watch, however, Emily became a little distracted when she felt Patrick’s hand touch hers. She turned to look at Patrick and smiled briefly indicating that she would like him to hold her hand. He did just this
and then Emily turned to face Patrick properly. For a moment they looked at each other in the eyes and then suddenly Patrick leant in towards her and kissed her gently on the lips. Emily returned the kiss and then they slowly parted. Patrick smiled and then they kissed again, this time a little more passionately. After a few more kisses they then returned to watching the movie, both so happy that they had finally kissed, something they had both wanted to happen for a long time.
Sign up to rate and review this story