Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Living For The Car Crashed Hearts (Patrick Stump)

Say A Prayer, The Summer Nights Are Dead

by Holli-Bee 1 review

Patrick Stump story, Ch.1. Sometimes fate brings two people together. ~Say a prayer The summer nights are dead The fall is coming We were careless hearts Who got caught up in this...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-04-20 - Updated: 2008-04-21 - 866 words

0Unrated
Say a prayer
The summer nights are dead
The fall is coming
We were careless hearts
Who got caught up in this
You were shy
Until the night you drove me wild
And you crashed into me
And I won’t lie
I wish it lasted a lifetime



The moon was high in the summer’s night and Patrick was lost in his own thoughts. He walked his way through central park staring up towards the sky just waiting for an answer. An answer to his worries and problems that troubled him each and every day, although things seem to always turn out ok he still wished for something more. Something that would completely take his breath away, anything to make his life worth living for. Patrick settled down on a park bench slowly closing his eyes then just listening to the wind blow past him and across the pound.
“The only place that I can get away from… everything.” He whispered to himself
Patrick reached in his back pocket and pulled out a small notepad with a pen attached to it. He began to write his thoughts on paper, just random lines that popped into his head.
“Am I more than you’ve bargained for yet?”
“Is this more than you’ve bargained for yet?”
“Isn’t it messed up, how I’m just dying to be him. I’m just a notch in your bedpost… but you’re just a line in a song.”
Nearly every relationship Patrick had been a part of, he was always the one left standing… alone. “Maybe its just time to say screw it, and be the single horny dog that everyone makes me out to be.” Writing; “Drop a heart, break a name.”
“My whole life summed up in six god damn words. Even when I’m alone I’m frustrated either at myself or someone else.” Speaking to himself; “A guy my age shouldn’t be worried about ‘love’ or ‘the one’ but I always find myself talking about, whoever she is. Maybe it’s my heart that has taken too many beatings and is just fed up with the whole limbo of going from one to another to another. Well whatever’s bothering me I have to figure it out, because if I have one more anxiety attack I’m going to go crazy!” Patrick placed his head in his hands and soon became consumed in his own mind. Nothing existed around him; he was along so he thought.
Suddenly a loud bark echoed through the park shaking Patrick from his mediated state. The barks quickly became louder as he looked around for the animal it was coming from, yet he saw nothing or no one.
“What the hell? Where is that….” Suddenly he was tackled to the ground by a huge German shepherded. “Oh my god.” Scared and afraid he was about to get eaten by a ravage animal a young women screamed at the top of her lungs; “Buddy! Buddy, oh my god I’m so sorry! He’s a little hyper, I’m so sorry.” The young women pushed the dog off of him praying that she wasn’t about to get sued.
“It’s ok, good lord he should be on a lease or something. I mean…” He looked up at her, and quickly became speechless. “I mean, don’t, don’t worry about it. No harm done.” He said with a light laugh and a smile
“Are you sure?! He was on a lease, the stupid dog spotted a squirrel and ripped the leash out of my hands.” the young women said in a panicky voice
“Yeah, yeah I’m fine, really. What’s your name?”
“I’m Hailey. You’re not from around here are you?”
“No, I’m not. I’m originally from Chicago. How could you tell?”
“You got an accent, so I figured as much. Plus I’ve never seen you around here, and I’ve lived here my whole life. I pretty much know everyone.”
“Ah, I see. Well I’m Patrick… just to say I guess, if you wanted to know that is.”
“You babble a lot, it’s kinda cute.” Hailey said with a smirk. “Well see ya around.”
“Wait, I mean… your dog practically just gave me a heart attack. Don’t I at least get a ten minute conversation with the accomplice?” He smirked back
“Accomplice?! But it was an accident. You’re not going to sue me right? Because I mean I can’t afford a law suet… I mean…”
Interrupting her; “You know you babble a lot… it’s kinda cute. I’ll see ya later.” He said with a wink and a small smile
Patrick strolled away, whistling as he got lost within the stars once again. A bit baffled by Patrick she smiled once more and turned away to head home.
Who knew they soon would meet again…


It's a short chapter I know, but it was kind of like an intro to the entire story. PLEASE comment and tell me what you think, if you like it let me know, I'll keep writing and adding on. THANKS!
Sign up to rate and review this story