Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Living For The Car Crashed Hearts (Patrick Stump)

Kicking And Screaming, Yet Prentending We Were Wrong

by Holli-Bee 1 review

It starts all over again, the hectic life that he had forgotten... Patrick can only handle so much, but will the guys be upset due to his procrastination?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-04-22 - Updated: 2008-04-22 - 1444 words

0Unrated
PLEASE leave a comment so I can improve on this story, Thank you.

Kicking And Screaming, Yet Pretending We Were Wrong…

I get lost, messed up and bored
When I’m alone to long
I can’t sleep, function or eat
When I’m not with someone
It seemed like a dream
One beautiful scream that echoed
Forever and made us afraid to feel a thing
& after it ends
We’ll try to be friends
They say what doesn’t kill us makes us who we are…


~10 A.M. ~
The Sun was peering in through the balcony door as Hailey awoke to the sound of morning traffic on the street below. She slowly wiped the sleep from her eyes after noticing that Patrick was still sitting on the balcony slumped over in his chair snoring loudly. Hailey busted out laughing before quickly covering her mouth, trying not to wake him from his slumber. “Oh Patrick… now who’s the stubborn one.” She whispered softly as she took the blankets off the bed and covered him up. “Thanks sweetie.” She spoke as she leaned down and kissed him on the cheek.
~Two Hours Later ~
Patrick awoke to the sound of his cell phone ringing. “My phone.” He blurted out as he tried to rise to his feet. “Ah, oh my god my neck.” He quickly grabbed a hold of the left side of his neck. “Jesus, well I guess I should plan on not looking to the left today. Oh yeah, cell phone.” He quickly walked to the end table answering his phone while noticing that Hailey wasn’t there.
“Hello?”

“Hello, Patrick? Where the hell are you?! God I’ve called like 50 times. We’re at the airport in L.A., the airport where YOU’RE supposed to be at right now.” Shouted Pete from the other end

“Holy shit what time is it?” He said straining to look at the clock on his phone.

“It’s 12:30, and let me guess… you missed the flight, right? God, you’re middle name should be procrastination.”

“Well dude I didn’t plan on missing it, I kind of got caught up in some things here.”

“What things could you possibly be caught up in in a place like that?!”

“What do you mean a place like that? It’s a nice place, pretty peaceful… something I DESPIRTATLY needed.”

“Ok, ok whatever… listen you better be on the next flight out here, you know we start our studio time today. Dude promise me you’re not going to blow this off.”

“Pete, I’m not going to blow this off ok. I know it’s important, and I’ll be there as soon as possible. I’m getting ready to leave as we speak. I’ll see you soon.”
Patrick hung up as soon as he finished talking due to the fact that he couldn’t handle Pete bitching at him any longer. He frantically grabbed his things and threw them into his bag while seeing if Hailey happened to be anywhere else in the room. “I guess she’s gone, well no time to be a perfectionist.” He said out loud as he shot threw the door and out to a taxi.
A few hours later he was on one of the shittiest little plans in the entire country making his way to California. Through all the bad airline food and annoying people he was surrounded by he seemed to not be really affected by any of it. He stared consistently at his notebook, writing, just dazed off in his own world. Patrick just couldn’t get her off his mind, where did she go? Why did she leave?
He wrote:
“I didn’t even know her last name. I didn’t even know her that well, yet I can’t help but to have her consuming my mind. I’d like to think I’ll forget her, go on about my life like she never even existed but… I just don’t see that happening. I just wish I could have helped her, shown her that I cared… I mean everyone needs someone to care for them.
Look at me; there I go again… realizing that I’m trying to fall for someone with to many problems to handle. But again, maybe I could have helped her, shown her that it would be ok. I guess you could say that it’s too late now. She’s gone, I’m gone; we’re two completely different people; yet once again she’s over taking me and all that I am.”


~7 P.M. That Night~
Patrick rushed his way through baggage claim and airline security, time wasn’t on his side and he knew how mad the guys were going to be once he got to the studio. He reached in his bag and pulled out his phone, dialing Pete’s number as fast as his fingers would go.
“Pete, listening I’m on my way right now… I just left the airport and I’m in a taxi. I should be there in a ten minutes.” He stated to Pete’s voicemail
“God does he ever have his phone on when I need to talk to him.” He complained as he sat back in his seat and tried to take the cities lights and sounds in. “My god was it this loud and crowded the last time I was here, so much for peace and tranquility.”
The taxi pulled up to the studios main entrance as he practically threw the money down the back of the guy’s neck and bolted through the door. “Sorry, sorry” he said trying to seem less of a jerk as he almost tripped trying to make his way into the studio.

“Dude, Patrick…” yelled Joe from the hall way as Patrick entered the room

“Hey, I’m sorry man… A LOT has happened today.”

“Don’t worry about it, we’ve been working… as much as we can anyway, without you. We got some drums and bass guitar down, so it’s not like this day has been a complete waste of time.”

“I see he’s finally made it...” Smirked Pete as they entered the sound room.

“Yeah I’m here; I know this is important ok… this whole day was kind of a disaster.”

“Well I guess the best was to look at it is that you’re FINALLY here, and maybe we can get something done, at least a song or some vocals.”

“Yeah, well I’ve been working on some things on my laptop, a couple guitar and bass riffs; but they were mostly done on the plane...” Patrick muttered as he glanced over at the irritated Pete. “Before you even say it, I know, I know… my middle name is procrastinate.”

“You’re right, it is… but you always seem to get the job done anyway.” Pete said with a smile. Come on; let’s get this shit going… again.”

Hours later they had the first three songs done, completely. Relieve that the day wasn’t a total waste and they didn’t spend a shit load of money for nothing, it was about time to go home; to a shitty apartment that they all shared together. For as expensive as it was to live in L.A. they couldn’t all have a place of there own. Well at least for now, maybe in a couple of years if their music really started picking up.
The four of them headed out the door towards the closest taxi; “I’m really happy we don’t have to cart that stuff around with us everyday. It would take us a good two hours just to set everything up in the studio.” Said Joe

“Yeah, but you’re not seeing the fact that we have to pay extra to keep it in there when we’re not there.” Andy stated back

“Dude, I don’t give a shit; I’m fucking tired and I want to go back to our shitty apartment, eat some Mac n’ Cheese and watch some late night T.V.” Pete Blurted towards Andy. “Thank god we got something done, Patrick Dude you were like in the zone tonight. I seriously don’t think we would be able to do this without you.” He confessed as he wrapped his arm around Patrick’s neck playfully

“Yeah well, just call me butter, cause’ I’m on a roll.” Patrick said as serious as possible.

“Ok, dude you’re a bigger dork than I thought.” Pete laughed as they all piled into the taxi
Sign up to rate and review this story